• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

cafemomo

iwata checking out dat pikmin ass
29MMQF8.png

zroid

Banned
It's payback for Reggie keeping Bill in the elevator.
Edit: what the heck was that endless runner game?

You mean Bike Rider DX 2? The first one is out in the west too. It's pretty fun (albeit repetitive) and gets challenging. It was too expensive at first, but they dropped the price to $2.99 a month or two ago, which is a fair bargain I think. Check it out!

Wensih

yes

Was I the only one who thought she should have led the direct?

She was one of the few I liked over at that IGNorant.com

ehhh... She's very enthusiastic about Nintendo, but I don't think she should be the face of a company video.

Was never really a fan of her or the IGN team; I just recognized her.

Guinness

Neo Member
I was happy for the Nintendo Pocket Football Club localisation yesterday, but I just noticed that it will be eShop only

Why don't you want my money Nintendo ?

RpgN

I was expecting a release date for SMTIV...

Youtube app is okay I guess? Especially for 3DS only owners. I doubt it's going to be better than the vita app but I'm willing to give it a try and use it whenever I'm on the 3DS.

Balance wallet is only a positive thing but it's such a small step, it's not something that should be celebrated but it should have been there from the start.

Miiverse is the one feature I'm excited about, not having a Wii U, this has always been intriguing.

Bravely Default demo is awesome.

Along with Jett Rocket II.

I expected more from this direct but I'm still happy with the positives.

Mithos

The way Nintendo described the account system in the ND is sounds flawed, och lacking.

I have to REGISTER a "second" NNID on my 3DS and it has to be the same NNID as I have REGISTERED and are using on my Wii U for them to "LINK" and share the same wallet. What if someone ELSE register "my" NNID on their 3DS will they "LINK" with my wallet?

Or did they just explain it bad, and all needed is to login with my Wii U NNID on my 3DS and "authorize" it for the 3DS?

The way Nintendo described the account system in the ND is sounds flawed, och lacking.

I have to REGISTER a "second" NNID on my 3DS and it has to be the same NNID as I have REGISTERED and are using on my Wii U for them to "LINK" and share the same wallet. What if someone ELSE register "my" NNID on their 3DS will they "LINK" with my wallet?

Or did they just explain it bad, and all needed is to login with my Wii U NNID on my 3DS and "authorize" it for the 3DS?

you know your password right?

I just realized, since the Directs have been coming right around 7 weeks from each other, our next one should be...

JANUARY 1ST! :O

If that's not the time for an uber 2014 Direct ala Jan 23rd this year, I don't know what is.

But would they do it on that day as that's when places are closed? Maybe Dec 31st then?

I expect another direct maybe a week before christmas.

L~A

I can see why you think it's flawed, but it's not. You're definitely going to need your NNID password, not just the ID, to link the accounts.

You don't exactly create a new account, you just log in to your existing account... That's how I understood it, at least. Looks like instead of having a "Create account" or "Sign in to an existing account", they just have one option that does both. But you don't have to worry, nobody will be able to log in your Wii U wallet.

But I'm sure we'll learn more whenever the update is live.

watershed

Banned
I don't get why Nintendo is going to end the Animal Crossing Plaza on the Wii U in 2014. Obviously it likely has to do with when AC Wii U is gonna come out but why not update the plaza instead of ending it? Seems odd considering people like using it and have built up a lot of work and posts inside it.

Frodo

I don't get why Nintendo is going to end the Animal Crossing Plaza on the Wii U in 2014. Obviously it likely has to do with when AC Wii U is gonna come out but why not update the plaza instead of ending it? Seems odd considering people like using it and have built up a lot of work and posts inside it.

Maybe it will be integrated into the game?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any summary? OP doesnt have one.

Edit: Just read the post on the last page. Someone should bug a mod to include the summary in the OP.

JoeM86

I can see why you think it's flawed, but it's not. You're definitely going to need your NNID password, not just the ID, to link the accounts.

You don't exactly create a new account, you just log in to your existing account... That's how I understood it, at least. Looks like instead of having a "Create account" or "Sign in to an existing account", they just have one option that does both. But you don't have to worry, nobody will be able to log in your Wii U wallet.

Yeah, the way I see it is they'll have you register a NNID, but they'll run a check and if it exists, they'll have you log into it rather than create a new one.

I really doubt Nintendo would be so blind to allow someone else to register other people's NNIDs

Mithos

you know your password right?
Ofc

So badly described I guess, since that is not what I saw/heard or read between the lines during the ND explanation.

And yeah when update go live, I guess we will learn how it really is.

Maybe it will be integrated into the game?
So they hold the community to ransom? (buy the WiiU game or we lock you out) Sounds dumb. I hope the Wii Sports Club experiment works because it feels like they see everything new and experimental as a threat to their business model.

L~A

A Link Between Worlds

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_9.43.32_am_big.png

They kick off with a brand new trailer, showing off the story, new dungeons.They showed the new bundle explaining more on how awesome the Gold 3DS is, and if you pre order you'll get Oracle of Seasons

Mini trailers will be showing up until its release.

there are several secrets scattered through the game such as throw backs from past Zelda games, new unique characters and side quests.

Mario Party Island Tour

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_9.54.05_am_big.png

80 Mini games in 1 cartridge.

Party Tower is added for singleplayer.

Street Pass is enabled for you to play with up to 10 other people and face them one on one in mini games.

Bravely Default

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_10.28.20_am_big.png

The Brave & Default system is a unique RPG element that will either defend your character or attack in all your turns. Or stop time all together.

You earn Default points when you keep your 3DS in sleep mode.

You can street pass people and add them in your party, help you on your journey or rebuild your homeland.

Will Release on February 7th 2014.

Collector's Edition announced for North America.

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.

Eshop exclusive. (....Nothing really new.)

Nintendo Zone

More stuff for Animal Crossing again.......So go get 'em while their gone.

Nintendo 3DS System update.

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_10.03.18_am_big.png

The system update you can register your Wii U Nintendo Network ID to your 3DS. No more buying separate cards (FINALLY)

Miiverse is coming to the 3DS.

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_10.30.08_am_big.png

3DS Can now play youtube

Pikmin 3

More DLC, you can finally play as Olimar & Louie in mission mode......That's it.

Animal Crossing Plaza

Updating the software, stamps will be added and so will other games on miiverse. Similar to Mario 3D World.

Polling will be added, like "Who is the best Mayor, Senator, ect"

Multi delete will be added.

Will be launching the update later today.

Indie Games

Showed a Montage of Indie games, didn't talk about any specific ones.

Super Mario 3D World

touch screen and mic gameplay,
golden express stages,
captain toad levels, (play as Captain toad from Mario Galaxy)
Speed run levels,
mystery houses ( multi Green star collecting)
Giant boss battles,
top down shooter stages,
Kart style stages,
unlock-able bonus game Luigi Bros.
and an unlock-able 5th character ROSALINA!

From: http://thewiiu.com/topic/15940-nintendo-direct-recap-111313/
or
http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/56536/nintendo-direct-summary/

Wow, didn't see this summary, gonna add it to the OP. Thanks a bunch!

L~A

Here's a summary for the EU Direct ( EU-only stuff) :

- Bravely Default demo is now available on the eShop, game still coming out on Dec. 6
- Mario Party : Island Tour coming Jan. 17 in Europe
- Inazuma Eleven 3 : Team Ogre Attacks! is coming to Europe on Feb. 14th (3rd version of IE3, includes brand new story + new teams, etc...)
- Jett Rocket II : new trailer, + game now available on the eShop
- Trailer for 3DS/Wii U DL titles, such as :

- Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (Toxic Games, Wii U)
- Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko Limited, Wii U)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (WayForward, 3DS)
- Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games, Wii U)
- Grinsia (Nicalis, 3DS)
- 1001 Spikes (Nicalis, Wii U)
- Tengami (NyamNyam Ltd. Wii U)
- Picross e3 (Jupiter Corporation, 3DS)
- Pier Solar HD (WaterMelon, Wii U)
- Putty Squad (System 3, 3DS)
- Teslagrad (Rain, Wii U)
- Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid, 3DS)
- Wooden Sen'Sey (Neko Entertainment, Wii U)
- Retro City Rampage (Vblank Entertainement, 3DS)
- Knytt Underground (Ripstone, Wii U)
- Unepic (EnjoyUp, Wii U)
- Siesta Fiesta (Mojo Bones, 3DS)
- Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games, Wii U)

- Pikmin 3 DLC coming out on Dec. 2
- Calciobit is coming to Europe in 2014, will be known as "Nintendo Pocket Football Club" (eShop only)

Maybe a different kind of AC Plaza will launch with the new game and nintendo doesn't want to waste time updating this one.

Elija2

It seems that way, but they really should have made two separate options. In the Direct they emphasized to be careful when typing in your NNID because you can't change it if you accidentally type the wrong one. It would suck to accidentally create a new NNID instead of linking with your existing one. This wouldn't be possible if there were a "Sign in with existing account" option.

Pikmin 3

More DLC, you can finally play as Olimar & Louie in mission mode......That's it.

Summary for Pikmin 3 seems dismissive.

It's 4 NEW maps with a 'Battle Enemies' and 'Collect Treasure' for each. The game update comes with free 'Battle Enemies' and 'Collect Treasure' levels for a NEW Christmas / Holiday(?) themed map called "Fortress of Festivity". That brings the total for new levels to 10 if you buy the DLC. Releases December 2nd for $4.99.

For me, it was the best news of the Direct. Co-op Pikmin 3 is great. I just hope they make some Bingo Battle DLC maps at some point.

D-e-f-

Banned
I just realized, since the Directs have been coming right around 7 weeks from each other, our next one should be...

JANUARY 1ST! :O

If that's not the time for an uber 2014 Direct ala Jan 23rd this year, I don't know what is.

But would they do it on that day as that's when places are closed? Maybe Dec 31st then?

How have you still not realized they are on a 2-month schedule with which has transformed into a montly schedule this year. We have had at least one Nintendo Direct every single month this year. Before that, it was on bi-monthly pattern that started in October. We will get a Direct next month. There is no 7-month rule. There will not be a Direct on January 1st or December 31st.

Top Bottom