• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

Shaanyboi

Banned
Bravely Default, man...

franco-so-good.gif

So, uh, this Direct basically proved the 3DS has a VERY sparse Q1 in EU/NA.

Considering all the quality games still Japan-only (MonHun4, all the Dragon Quest games, Fantasy Life, etc.), this is absolutely ridiculous.

Bravely Default and... Golf? Is that it?

zroid

Banned
It's cool she was able to make an appearance on a Nintendo Direct. I remember her saying that she was hired to be a translator for them, but I wouldn't have thought to see her popping up in official Nintendo Direct videos like that.

Nintendo knows its audience, lol

Tabris

I'm not sure if this has been a while but this is the first one I've seen that wasn't Iwata and it was the most boring shit ever. This NOA guy's voice is so monotone and comes off a bit patronizing with his slow speech. Sounds like a robot.

pariah164

So ehh, what's the reason for Nintendo retroactively cancelling the Shin Megami Tensei IV release in Europe?

Did it sell so bad in the US?

Please let me blame bad US gaming taste for this fiasco...
Wait, what? When did this happen?

And SMT IV was the highest selling game in the franchise in the US to date.

KiTA

So other than Miiverse in December and 3DS finally getting Nintendo accounts (no more losing your shit when you lose your 3DS??), nothing at all was announced?

Oxx

So, uh, this Direct basically proved the 3DS has a VERY sparse Q1 in EU/NA.

Considering all the quality games still Japan-only (MonHun4, all the Dragon Quest games, Fantasy Life, etc.), this is absolutely ridiculous.

Bravely Default and... Golf? Is that it?

Layton is out in 2014 in NA, I think.

Out now in Euro, though. So not much for us.

JDSN

Banned
It's cool she was able to make an appearance on a Nintendo Direct. I remember her saying that she was hired to be a translator for them, but I wouldn't have thought to see her popping up in official Nintendo Direct videos like that.
Well if Trinen's career is anything to go by she might be doing more than translating in the coming years.

Haines

Banned
So other than Miiverse in December and 3DS finally getting Nintendo accounts (no more losing your shit when you lose your 3DS??), nothing at all was announced?

there was more, just watch it...

pikmin 3 dlc, aminal crossing plaza stuff, nintendo zone stuff etc

but no huge megatons

Wensih

I don't think they actually said that you can redownload stuff. They just said your money is put into one account across 3DS and Wii-U. It would be cool if there was some clarity.

Cody_D165

Banned
Rewatching the first part of the Direct I missed this morning. Actually found the skit at the beginning pretty funny.

"Bill!"

"uh hello?"

"Get your body ready."

"Reggie?!"

Also an Audrey Drake cameo, lol.

2SeeKU

A Link Between Worlds

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_9.43.32_am_big.png

They kick off with a brand new trailer, showing off the story, new dungeons.They showed the new bundle explaining more on how awesome the Gold 3DS is, and if you pre order you'll get Oracle of Seasons

Mini trailers will be showing up until its release.

there are several secrets scattered through the game such as throw backs from past Zelda games, new unique characters and side quests.

Mario Party Island Tour

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_9.54.05_am_big.png

80 Mini games in 1 cartridge.

Party Tower is added for singleplayer.

Street Pass is enabled for you to play with up to 10 other people and face them one on one in mini games.

Bravely Default

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_10.28.20_am_big.png

The Brave & Default system is a unique RPG element that will either defend your character or attack in all your turns. Or stop time all together.

You earn Default points when you keep your 3DS in sleep mode.

You can street pass people and add them in your party, help you on your journey or rebuild your homeland.

Will Release on February 7th 2014.

Collector's Edition announced for North America.

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.

Eshop exclusive. (....Nothing really new.)

Nintendo Zone

More stuff for Animal Crossing again.......So go get 'em while their gone.

Nintendo 3DS System update.

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_10.03.18_am_big.png

The system update you can register your Wii U Nintendo Network ID to your 3DS. No more buying separate cards (FINALLY)

Miiverse is coming to the 3DS.

screen_shot_2013-11-13_at_10.30.08_am_big.png

3DS Can now play youtube

Pikmin 3

More DLC, you can finally play as Olimar & Louie in mission mode......That's it.

Animal Crossing Plaza

Updating the software, stamps will be added and so will other games on miiverse. Similar to Mario 3D World.

Polling will be added, like "Who is the best Mayor, Senator, ect"

Multi delete will be added.

Will be launching the update later today.

Indie Games

Showed a Montage of Indie games, didn't talk about any specific ones.

Super Mario 3D World

touch screen and mic gameplay,
golden express stages,
captain toad levels, (play as Captain toad from Mario Galaxy)
Speed run levels,
mystery houses ( multi Green star collecting)
Giant boss battles,
top down shooter stages,
Kart style stages,
unlock-able bonus game Luigi Bros.
and an unlock-able 5th character ROSALINA!

From: http://thewiiu.com/topic/15940-nintendo-direct-recap-111313/
or
http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/56536/nintendo-direct-summary/

I'm a little annoyed by the Nintendo Network ID being used in the 3DS. I bought a Wii U over a week ago, set it up, but then the GamePad went bad. So I had to return it and wait a couple of days before I could get another one. When I did, I found out that I could no longer use my ID (which was Dosuchin) and had to pick a new one. That bothered me but not too bad, so I went with DosuchinU as my new one. Now, I'm going to have to use that on the 3DS? I really wish we were able to change it or at least be able to call Nintendo and have them do something about using the original one I created. It was a big ordeal just to get my Club Nintendo account unlinked from the previous system I had to return.

I just realized, since the Directs have been coming right around 7 weeks from each other, our next one should be...

JANUARY 1ST! :O

If that's not the time for an uber 2014 Direct ala Jan 23rd this year, I don't know what is.

But would they do it on that day as that's when places are closed? Maybe Dec 31st then?

MCN

Banned
I'm a little annoyed by the Nintendo Network ID being used in the 3DS. I bought a Wii U over a week ago, set it up, but then the GamePad went bad. So I had to return it and wait a couple of days before I could get another one. When I did, I found out that I could no longer use my ID (which was Dosuchin) and had to pick a new one. That bothered me but not too bad, so I went with DosuchinU as my new one. Now, I'm going to have to use that on the 3DS? I really wish we were able to change it or at least be able to call Nintendo and have them do something about using the original one I created. It was a big ordeal just to get my Club Nintendo account unlinked from the previous system I had to return.

You can do exactly that.

You can do exactly that.

When I was on the phone with them about unlinking my Club Nintendo account, they told me the original ID (Dosuchin) is gone for good and I have to choose another. I asked if I could have my new one (DosuchinU) changed to the original and they said that because it's still connected to the previous console, that there is nothing they can do.

I've got a US 3DS and an Australian Wii U as I travel the states alot. It's a load of shit a portable system is tied to a country. Can I at least link these together?

Darryl

Banned
Rewatching the first part of the Direct I missed this morning. Actually found the skit at the beginning pretty funny.

"Bill!"

"uh hello?"

"Get your body ready."

"Reggie?!"

Also an Audrey Drake cameo, lol.

Yea that was a cute start. Reggie and Bill in general look like they're becoming more personable figureheads. They're getting the hang of it.

Chindogg

I'm happy that we're finally seeing the beginning of a unified account system.

Now they need to announce VC crossbuy and recovering previously purchased games attached to the NNID via Club Nintendo.

Hale-XF11

Will you be able to watch 3D youtube videos on the 3DS?

I sure hope so, but I'm not counting on it since they didn't even mention it.

One thing I like is being able to search videos on the touch screen while you're in the middle of watching one on the top screen.

At this point, I'm just really hoping we can log into our youtube account and view our subscriptions, because that's mainly what I use youtube for.

I just finished watching it on the eShop. It was great. I love that the wallets are finally being linked. One step closer to a full account system. Also, I really like Bill Trinen; I'm glad they're using him a lot in these things. He's a really good guy that's been with Nintendo for a long time.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds StreetPass stuff was pretty cool. I, honestly, completely forgot about that feature, so I never wondered what they'd do with it. It was a great surprise.

Nintendo should really open an online store where-in they sell all of those fantastic shirts and lapel pins the guys wear. I would love to have a Nintendo lapel pin for one of my blazers. It's time to retire the fossils that I currently use.

AniHawk

realistic expectations time

-majora's mask 3d trailer, features additional ten hours of content in which you must use majora's mask.
-dragon quest vii localization announcement
-dragon quest viii 3ds version announced
-war emblem (fire emblem/advance wars crossover to improve sales of the wars series in japan)
-metroid 3ds announced
-super luigi 3d land announced (remixed 3d land levels with the time restrictions of nslu)
-super smash bros. 3ds for q1 release
-monolithsoft 3ds game announced: xenogears 2 (co-published by square enix)

-one more thing:-
sonic and mario platformer crossover for 3ds and wii u

i was close.

Miiverse! Yay! I also have some funds from my 3DS I'd like to use on Wii U so it works out great.

I want that Bravely Default CE but I hate the chibi designs :(

Alright time for my predictions.

Likely:
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds - More details / New Trailer
Mario Party: Island Tour - More Map Details / Mini-Game Details
Bravely Default - Release Date (Mar 2014) / Demo on eShop soon - Demo in EU only, release Feb
Layton 6 - Release Date (Feb 2014)
VC Releases (Mario 3 this Thursday or next couple weeks) - Well, there are deals at least
eShop Mentions (Shin'en, Treasurenauts, possibly Chibi-Robo) - RIP Chibi-Robo outside of Japan
Sega 3D Classics Series - Hmm, surprised not mentioned at all

Less Likely:
Mario Golf: World Tour - Release Date (Mar 2014 if lucky, likely Apr/May)
Yoshi's New Island - New Details
Layton vs. Ace Attorney - Release Date Q1
Flipnote Studio 3D delayed to Q1
3DS Miiverse Detailed (no specific release date)
Another Smash Bros Reveal (focus on 3DS version)
-Mostly right to say these were less likely. confirms most of these games are Q2 at least. Flipnote might never come to US/EU at this rate. Yay Miiverse!

Unlikely:
Monster Hunter 4 or Dragon Quest 7/Monsters Localization
Flipnote Studio 3D out mid-Nov
NNID now on 3DS in upcoming update
New Major 3DS Release (Jam with the Band or Friend Collection)
Wii U Q1 (Donkey Kong Country: JF and Bayonetta 2)
-Like the section above, did not expect these, so was nice to see NNID in some capacity.

So I was pretty right with my likely guesses. Guess we will have to wait until next year for newer game details. Really liked the breakdown of everything this time, though more solid release dates for DL games would be nice.

Top Bottom