• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

LOL @ Nintendo's idea of a unified account. Guess I'll still be holding off on buying digital stuff.

They said that they'd work on improving the Nintendo Network, so it seems like this is only a start.

Not sure why people are reading into it like it's something else entirely.

Galang

Banned
Rosalina
being playable is really awesome!
Toad and Rosalina were my most played MK character. I'm betting it will be the same in this game. Yoshi would have been rad too, but glad Rosalina is being featured in a mainline game. Hope the trend continues

OK, so I watched the UK stream, and now I'm watching the NoA version of the DIrect on YouTube. My thoughts? Shibata is infectiously adorable and his mangled english is unintentionally funny, but so far, from what I've seen....NoA owned this Direct.

Tokieda

Can someone summarize the WiiU news? Thinking about getting one this year and I missed it.

Weren't that much new Wii U news.
They're fixing the Youtube app, Pikmin is getting 10 all-new DLC stages in December
can't wait
and they showed SM3DW, looking incredible as always.

upandaway

Haha, just how hard is it to get a unified account going. If they were against it I would have logically dealt with it, but as it is, it's like they'd trying so hard to get a unified account but they just can't do it. It's almost endearing.

Haha, just how hard is it to get a unified account going. If they were against it I would have logically dealt with it, but as it is, it's like they'd trying so hard to get a unified account but they just can't do it. It's almost endearing.

It's probably a lot more complicated than you think it is, especially when the two systems were not made with the other one in mind.

GimMick

I suspected for a while
Rosalina
could end up playable, but I didn't expect them to reveal an extra character before the game is even out ! Wondering what they're still keeping under wraps.

Also exciting new Pikmin DLC with Olimar and Louie finally playable !

Mario Golf is missing though... and next to no new games announced. Not like I expected such thing until early next year anyway, so I'm not too much disappointed.

Zia

The shitty unified account system would have been a perfect opportunity to announce cross-buy Super Mario Bros 3. Seriously, they just keep puttering along with their head in the sand.

tsab

• Letterbox cancellation please understand
    [*]Miiverse 3DS
  • Web e-shop
  • more 2DS colours
    [*]NNID for 3DS
  • re-released DS games as DSiware. 3DS firmware update to launch dsiware from SD cards DIRECTLY.
  • DKC trilogy 3D classics announced
I
be
lie
ve

at least I got the 2 important stuff :p

JoeM86

It actually is. This is essentially a unified account now, just without crossbuy.

The shitty unified account system would have been a perfect opportunity to announce cross-buy Super Mario Bros 3. Seriously, they just keep puttering along with their head in the sand.

It's not their head in the sand. It's a lot more complicated to implement than simply flicking a button. Especially as the emulators for each game are different between the consoles, which is why the same games aren't out on both consoles.

69wpm

BY9telSCMAAxO-l.jpg:large

Damn, that cake makes me hungry.

R0ckman

This direct was also padded with spoiler content to make it seem better than it actually was. Cool Rosy is in 3D World, but the game is coming out Next week, hype levels should have reached their max with everyone by this point.

It actually is. This is essentially a unified account now, just without crossbuy.

It still doesn't unbind software downloads from the hardware, which is the point of an account system.

It's not their head in the sand. It's a lot more complicated to implement than simply flicking a button. Especially as the emulators for each game are different between the consoles, which is why the same games aren't out on both consoles.

NES emulation really isn't breaking new molds by now. It's the equivalent of a student learning project. It's silly that they aren't releasing at least NES games on parity. Cross-buy would simply mean granting both 3DS and Wii U licenses, as it is handled on platforms like PSN.

Gsnap

You guys need to chill out. Not every Direct needs to be mind blowing. This one especially. It was 3DS focused, and for games we already knew about. And we wound up getting more than that (as usual).

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

LayLa

Of all the localizations I was hoping to be announced Calciobit was the least likely, definitely hyped for it though.

Major Nelson alt?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
shin'en game and bd demo in eshop right now? fuck yeah

Sushigod7

Unified system finally and Bravely Default collectors edition announced which was kind of a let down no cool statue like EU got. But a release date in early Feb which is great not much of a wait.

Zia

Yes, I understand how it works, and also understand the work individuals like Christian Whitehead are doing that shame Nintendo's terrible handling of their back catalog.

epmode

It's not their head in the sand. It's a lot more complicated to implement than simply flicking a button.

Digital game sites have been allowing you to download your purchased games across multiple devices for literally a decade. Cross-platform stuff too, although that's a bit more recent.

Nintendo should have had it ready for the Wii. The fact that they not only missed the Wii, but the 3DS and Wii U is beyond belief.

Shauni

When they showed the 10 things about 3DW you might not know, I thought about bailing as to not be spoiled. Kind of wished I had now, but no lose, I'm still buying that shit day one. It at least confirmed, without doubt, that those who still try to tout this as some 3DS sloppy seconds or upport is a fucking idiot.

L Thammy

While obviously there would be some work involved in getting cross-buy to work, it increases the value of the product and could possibly encourage people to buy more VC titles. Personally, buying Ninja Gaiden on 3DS and finding that everything is too small for me to see clearly was a horrible experience. Now I'm uncomfortable to buy certain titles; I'd rather wait for a Wii U release (which may not happen) than buy something that isn't suitable for the platform.

Kater

Banned
643011_228296_front.jpg

Finally! (although I wanted that box, but something is something...)

I don't really like soccer but the box art is fantastic, let me say!

Edit:
Btw., is there a date being announced for the Youtube App for 3DS whilst I wasn't looking or is that still TBA?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Still no Dragon Quest 7 localization, I'm very disappointed, Nintendo. And I don't care for your unified accounts (
since I have a PAL WiiU and US 3DS
), so put that funds into Dragon Quest.
Trailers for Zelda, Bravely Default and Mario 3D Land looked great, though.
Also no mention of Virtual Console....again. Would have liked at least a date for LttP.

Top Bottom