• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Smellycat

I am expecting a new Zelda WiiU trailer.
LLShC.gif

Josh5890

Ok prediction time...

Amiibo news- Wave 5, Splatoon, Wave 4 pre-orders (if any)
Splatoon news, release date
Yoshi's Wolley World news, release date
Xenoblade Trailer
Virtual Console news
Indie lineup for the spring/summer
E3 teaser
Mewtwo release info
Mario Kart 8 DLC info

New 3DS small is finally coming to the United States!

Kriken

I'm with a lot of people in thinking that the Zelda U delay caused a delay in the Nintendo Direct. Either way, nice to see one

Prediction Time!

Mewtwo DLC available after the direct
Xenoblade X release date
Splatoon Info but no release date
Mario Maker info
Badge Centre released after the direct (EU and US)
FE x SMT info
Kid Icarus Uprising HD for Wii U
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for 3DS
Bayonetta 1 & 2 for New 3DS
Wind Waker's price significantly reduced to make up for the Zelda Wii U delay

I don't see Xenoblade Chronicles X getting a release date until E3 the earliest. Also, it's SMTxFE.

Estellise

Gooosh I just want a new Paper Mario for Wii U...I'd literally cry if we got an announcement for it. Aside from that I'm not expecting too much but, I'm hoping for new info on FE14. I only just recently started FE13 (yeah it took me two years) and I really like it so far. Also hoping for Pokemon but, that's probably just wishful thinking.

Feindflug

Yep, a crazy unthinkable crossover is just the kind of thing they'd drop tomorrow.

Bayonetta X DMC here we go!

I can only imagine the dialog between Bayonetta and Uncle Dante when they meet each other for the first time...too bad it's never happening. :(

Also we need
Vanquish
2 Nintendo, pls.

Doczu

Ok, so Nintendo doesn't have any killer for this holiday season. So is there any chance at all they will show (make it just a teaser) of something to come, or will we have to wait till E3?

Oh and Nintendo - revive Megaman Legends 3. I won't stop asking. Never.

Josh5890

Gooosh I just want a new Paper Mario for Wii U...I'd literally cry if we got an announcement for it. Aside from that I'm not expecting too much but, I'm hoping for new info on FE14. I only just recently started FE13 (yeah it took me two years) and I really like it so far. Also hoping for Pokemon but, that's probably just wishful thinking.

If we get a new Paper Mario similar to "Thousand Year Door", I'm in!

RiggyRob

Finally!

Let's see...

Splatoon trailer, amiibo
MK8 DLC
Xenoblade X details
Yoshi's Woolly World trailer
Mario Maker details
Fire Emblem if details
Rhythm Heaven 3DS trailer
Mewtwo Smash DLC trailer
At least one new game reveal- preferably a big holiday Wii U game to fill the Zelda gap, but the 3DS schedule's looking a little barren.

Bravely Second comes out in April in Japan, so we'll probably get some localisation news.

Josh5890

Ok, so Nintendo doesn't have any killer for this holiday season. So is there any chance at all they will show (make it just a teaser) of something to come, or will we have to wait till E3?

Oh and Nintendo - revive Megaman Legends 3. I won't stop asking. Never.

At this point I wish anyone would go to Capcom and ask to make a Megaman game. They don't seem to be in any hurry to make one.

Man and I just recorded a video last night about this very thing along with the Zelda delay. Oh might might still put it out anyway just because.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Pretty excited for this one since we don't really have concrete dates for anything yet.

maxcriden

I'm with a lot of people in thinking that the Zelda U delay caused a delay in the Nintendo Direct. Either way, nice to see one

I think it was probably filmed as part of the Direct filming (potentially as part of the Direct itself), and then excised to be its own thing released in advance so it wouldn't taint the Direct hype.

Leak or no leak (I've glanced at it and I'd rather not get my hopes up in spite of the surprisingly accurate call on the date; that was simply lucky), the only things I expect for certain are:

- Splatoon release date (and likely the subject of the Treehouse show)
- Mewtwo and MK8 DLC
- Platinum rewards (or other statement about the transition out of Club Nintendo)
- One unannounced title (probably a late-year Wii U release to rebuild momentum from the Zelda delay)

Every time I also guess that one of Yoshi, Mario Maker, or Art Academy will finally show up with a release date in the next window, but I have no clue which one is coming down the pipeline first. I think Mario Maker is the most liable to sit back until later in the year.

An indie reel, if there is one, is likely to remind us of Affordable Space Adventures coming up and the recent announcements of new ports like Don't Starve.

Note that this is the first Direct since the Zelda delay (which may or may not go acknowledged, though I'm sure the show is positioned to reassure us that games are coming for the Wii U) as well as likely the last before E3 (which means everything up to June should show up). I do not expect we will hear anything about SMTxFE or Fatal Frame, though new information about Devil's Third or the first public footage from Star Fox are distinct possibilities. This seems like an opportune window for the latter.

Considering how orders still aren't up for Wave 4 SSB Amiibo, who knows what will be said about them. We might get a Wave 4 release date and a Wave 5 lineup.

The abundance of recent rumours that Paper Mario will take the holiday slot have no basis in fact, but I think we can account for the popularity of this notion because a) it fits the bill (diversifying the winter lineup with a strong thematic contrast to Xenoblade X and Star Fox) and b) we all want it badly. But then we also want Advance Wars or any peep at all about SMTxFE, while Fire Emblem is likely the big holiday flagship for 3DS, and Intelligent Systems only has so many hands on deck. So maybe not. But I want my Paper Mario.

Top Bottom