• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Guys, I can feel it in my bones. Ridley re-reveal tomorrow.

image.php

Anth0ny

Isn't Mewtwo still in development? Please say he is, I don't want Smash to take the majority of this direct, it's becoming the new Pikmin 3.

Smash is their biggest game of the year, and their biggest Wii U game, period. I'm sure they'll devote a decent amount of time tomorrow to Smash. The game is out in 16 days in North America.

After that? Expect less Smash during Nintendo Directs.

just kidding. they have DLC to sell us :)

TDLink

Yeah I wouldn't expect anything about Smash except for the Duck Hunt trailer being shown (possibly) and a reminder of its release date. Smash already had its big direct/news blowout. This one will be about everything else.

Forkball

People are still holding onto the Tower of Smash? LET IT DIE WITH RIDLEY

Though I do wonder if the Duck Hunt trailer ties in with anything. The Shulk trailer at the 3DS Nintendo Direct seemed random, but then Nintendo announced Xenoblade coming to the new 3DS. Everyone expected a Duck Hunt trailer after Sakurai teased it for the 50 Facts Direct, but then it turned out to be Bowser Jr. due to the 8-player announcement (which ties in with his seven koopalings alts). So will Nintendo announce something relating to Duck Hunt? New game? New peripheral?

Toad.T

Banned
How could anyone still believe any rumor that contains "Tower of Smash"? Didn't that get disproved like 5 different ways by now?

Thorakai

Though I do wonder if the Duck Hunt trailer ties in with anything. The Shulk trailer at the 3DS Nintendo Direct seemed random, but then Nintendo announced Xenoblade coming to the new 3DS. Everyone expected a Duck Hunt trailer after Sakurai teased it for the 50 Facts Direct, but then it turned out to be Bowser Jr. due to the 8-player announcement (which ties in with his seven koopalings alts). So will Nintendo announce something relating to Duck Hunt? New game? New peripheral?

Maybe it will just be a segway into/out of the NES Remix box release.

Crayolan

Isn't Mewtwo still in development? Please say he is, I don't want Smash to take the majority of this direct, it's becoming the new Pikmin 3.

I'm pretty sure the direct will start with the Duck Hunt trailer and then Iwata will remind us to pick up Smash on the 21st and not mention it again for the entirety of the direct. I'm sure one of the main reasons they did the 50 fact extravaganza was so that this direct wouldn't be over saturated with smash.

I'm pretty sure the direct will start with the Duck Hunt trailer and then Iwata will remind us to pick up Smash on the 21st and not mention it again for the entirety of the direct. I'm sure one of the main reasons they did the 50 fact extravaganza was so that this direct wouldn't be over saturated with smash.

this is right

personally as a digital wii u owner i would like to no when the pre-load for the game is going up so im hoping they cover it plus maybe a demo for the wii u version.

TDLink

What're the chances of seeing a new retail game? How about a new digital game? 0%?

There has always been a reveal of at least one thing we didn't know about before in every general Direct.

So there will 100% be a new game announcement tomorrow. 50/50 on if it's digital or retail. Or there could even be one of each, just depends.

Anth0ny

unless I can pre-load a Gamecube controller adapter, pre-loading Smash Bros for Wii U doesn't really do much for me

Majora's Mask 3D tomorrow.

Zolbrod

What I'm expecting to see in the JP Direct:

News about confirmed releases for this year:
- Smash Bros Wii U
- Captain Toad
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

What I'm hoping to see:

News about games that will be confirmed to release by Spring 2015:
- Strongly expecting some kind of Xenoblade presence (even before seeing that retweet). If not X (the original Xenoblade launched in June, so a Spring release date for X could be possible, especially since it was supposed to be a 2014 title), then at the VERY LEAST Xenoblade 3DS, which I definitely expect to release in the first half of 2015, if not Q1 (My guess would be March).
- Woolly World and/or Rainbow Curse

What I most definitely do not expect (mostly because of the "covering games up to Spring" addition):

- Zelda Wii U
- Star Fox Wii U
- SMT x FE
- Any unannounced games

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
People should remember that they already announced many games, revisions, toys and projects
they will have e3 for crucial reveals
but among existing games and projects they have contents for a good direct

Bluth54

I always though it was so strange we didn't get a small Duck Hunt remake downloadable game for the Wii.

Mariolee

Forreals though, real talk:

- Zelda Wii U tease
- Starfox Wii U talk (possibly talk of publisher or projected release date)
- Animal Crossing Wii U soft announcement
- Duck Hunt Duo trailer either opens up or closes out Direct
- Reference to big sales of Smash
- n3DS projected release date for NA
- "Please take a look at this"

I do feel that there will be some sort of new feature associated with it. I think Nintendo knows that a trailer for a character we already know about, while cool, won't do much to keep momentum going.

JoeM86

Forreals though, real talk:

- Zelda Wii U tease
- Starfox Wii U talk (possibly talk of publisher or projected release date)
- Animal Crossing Wii U soft announcement
- Duck Hunt Duo trailer either opens up or closes out Direct
- Reference to big sales of Smash
- n3DS projected release date for NA
- "Please take a look at this"

I really doubt they'll talk about the n3DS here. It'd kill momentum at retailers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I want in on this too. Mother 3 is my favorite game of all time, so don't you come in here with your drive by hate bro!

I considered typing up a worthwhile thread about why I think Earthbound is so, so much better than Mother 3, but I never got around to it. I don't think many people agree or care, so I never got around to it. ;)

I might one day.

Top Bottom