• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Kurt

Realistic :
Amiibo : info with the related games
Captain toad : game of the direct all info
Mario kart dlc : zelda track & other stuff

that's all

ugoo18

So that's what Metroid project 'Dread' was all about.

Nice+to+know+where+this+came+from+sort+of+_b0f8c11d7bf4015a1e54ce8057177805.gif

I really doubt they'll talk about the n3DS here. It'd kill momentum at retailers.

However true that may be I really hope they put me out of my misery and give me a date. I'm ready to give them my money, just need to know when. I also hope that we get a software showcase showing off some of the improvements the n3DS will bring to some games (really hoping that some third parties will take the time to patch or release game that at least run better on n3DS).

Watch that happen with a Other M port for the New 3DS. That's what the Metroid Other M and Monster Hunter collaboration meant.

That's what would make the most sense, especially since the Other M sequel is coming next year.

That physically hurt. Don't even joke about these things ;_;

A perfect teaser for the next Metroid would be just Iwata saying "Other M was a horrible,shameful mistake, we are deeply sorry for it and we will make up for it with the next entry."
That's all I need, I just need for them to confirm that the next one won't have any influence or connection to Other M.

Golnei

That physically hurt. Don't even joke about these things ;_;

A perfect teaser for the next Metroid would be just Iwata saying "Other M was a horrible,shameful mistake, we are deeply sorry for it and we will make up for it with the next entry."
That's all I need, I just need for them to confirm that the next one won't have any influence or connection to Other M.

That would be reassuring, but I'd rather they preface the announcement of the next Metroid with five hours of Sakamoto flagellating himself while crying.

Chaos17

Realistic :
Amiibo : info with the related games
Captain toad : game of the direct all info
Mario kart dlc : zelda track & other stuff

that's all
Nintendo doesn't do a Direct of 5 mins and wouldn't do a World wide Direct just for that.

NeonZ

It shouldn't be hard to make a Fire Emblem Awakening sequel reusing its engine, like what they did with Biding Blade for the GBA and the two other GBA games, or even Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow. I don't get why IS didn't jump for it. I've been expecting an announcement like that several times only to be disappointed, but I'm hoping yet again...

weekev

Banned
Anyone thinking that having it at this time on a Wednesday may mean a stealth release for tomorrow? Either Mario Kart DLC, a smash demo or something even better than that?

ramparter

Banned
Nintendo doesn't do a Direct of 5 mins and wouldn't do a World wide Direct just for that.

True but let's be real, ost of the time it will be about stuff we know, just more specific and some cool stuff. I would be really excited if we get to know about 2 unannounced big titles.

JoeM86

True but let's be real, ost of the time it will be about stuff we know, just more specific and some cool stuff. I would be really excited if we get to know about 2 unannounced big titles.

Even if it's "stuff we know", it'll be new content about "stuff we know". They don't just rehash stuff in Directs.

Reveirg

Almost all of these general NDs have new titles announcements and/or localizations.

I expect:

2nd round of Amiibo figures (they ship 12/31)
highlights of Amiibo features in titles other than Smash
Bayonetta 2 DLC
Full Smash Trailer with some DLC teasers
Captain Toad launch Trailer
MK8 DLC preview
eShop Holiday sale
Final Pokemon ORAS trailer/preview
Teasers of Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate something, something

I'd like:

-SMT X FE teaser revealing actually two titles (3DS & Wii U) with the 3DS being FE inspired and Wii U being a full fledged JRPG complete with Persona characters
-Dates for Xenoblade Chronicles and Splatoon
-Preview of upcoming digital titles (specifically Gone Home. my PC sucks)
-Something for 3DS owners (that are not into ORAS) for the spring
-StarFox Teaser
-HD remake of Luigi's Mansion featuring the 3DS sequel and some content from the Capcom arcade

I could't conceive:

-A new preview in which Devil's 3rd looks damn good & polished
-Revival of other doomed projects: Timespitters 4, Human Heads Prey 2 as a Metroid Bounty Hunter spin-off, etc
-anything from Capcom for Wii U I'd actually want
-Igarashi X Retro for the only thing they are good for together
-Suda 51
-Kojima Pro Remake of Hybrid Heaven on WiiU with Fox Engine
-New 3DS info & release date

JoeM86

Here are my expectations

Smash Wii U - Duck Hunt Trailer
Wii U Preload system announcement. Smash preloadable after the Direct.
Captain Toad stuff - Special features
Mario Kart 8 DLC
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Pokémon ORAS stuff maybe
Amiibo - Non-Smash uses in MK8, HW and Captain Toad detailed
Virtual Console announcement: DS and/or Nintendo 64. First game available right after the Direct. Both of them Super Mario 64 :p
EU & US subsections: Indie title dates, localisation dates etc.
Yoshi's Wooly World trailer
Splatoon trailer
Mario Maker stuff
Super secret Wii U surprise
Super secret 3DS surprise

Duration: 34 minutes.

Note: The above is speculation and not an indicator of insider knowledge

JoeM86

Part of me wants an ultimate troll. Something like this:

A scene starts in a spaceship. It's desolate, quiet, and suddenly a Metroid floats past as the Metroid music blares. Then, we hear a "You're too slow" and it cuts to gameplay of Sonic blasting through this level. It's Metroid DLC for Sonic Lost World.

:p

JOE IS THAT INSIDER KNOWLEDGES?

That's a negative.

Nibel

Honestly, I think I don't really care about a sequel to the current Metroid IP.

The more I think about it the more I don't want it. They ruined Samus for me not only with her abysmal portrayal in Other M but also this whole Zero Suit craze that is going on.

Part of me wants an ultimate troll. Something like this:

A scene starts in a spaceship. It's desolate, quiet, and suddenly a Metroid floats past as the Metroid music blares. Then, we hear a "You're too slow" and it cuts to gameplay of Sonic blasting through this level. It's Metroid DLC for Sonic Lost World.

Ahahahaha that's really a perfect troll scene

random25

I'll flip tables if they mention another stupid demo distribution method, I swear.

"Those who bought Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and register it to Club Nintendo will get 3 special advanced demo download codes of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U...TODAY!* SMASHING!

*Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will have a limited-use demo available on the e-shop next week." :p

Honestly, I think I don't really care about a sequel to the current Metroid IP.

The more I think about it the more I don't want it. They ruined Samus for me not only with her abysmal portrayal in Other M but also this whole Zero Suit craze that is going on.

Honestly I really like the Zero Suit. What else would she wear under power armor other than a skin-tight suit? If it helps sales by making the character be more visible that's great. Also as someone who main Zero Suit Samus in both Smash games I wouldn't mind playing with ZSS moveset in a game.

Robin64

For now, I hope we find out when in this month the first half of the Mario Kart DLC will be launched.

I thought the leaked amiibo page on mariokart8.nintendo.com revealed it was November 13th. Unless people think there will be two large updates this month? (There won't)

l2XtCpL.png

Guys, I do not know what to do. I have to rush to the work, but my bingo card is nowhere near finished! If somebody will give it a life I would be more than happy. I've already placed the most realistic suggestions so you can freely insert Mother 4 in every other tile.

The labels are:
DLC information - DS for Wii U VC - MH4U info
TVii in Europe - Captait Toad info - Splatoon info - System update - Special guests
Yoshi's Wooly World info - Mario maker info - free space - SMT x FE mentioned - MP10 info
Something SSB4-connected - N64 for Wii U VC
Megatons - XCX info - Nintendo Network improvement - Surprise title

45K92mq.png

So, yeah...
There's no way they'd bring back Roy before Wolf or even Squirtle/Ivysaur. Not to mention the Tower of Smash leak claimed a whole bunch of stuff that's already turned out fake.

I don't see Mewtwo being the only DLC addition, though a few weeks after Mewtwo might be a bit too soon?

weekev

Banned
Ice Climbers were actually cut from Smash because they are too busy in their all new adventure: Ice Climbers and the Monsters of Everest

Maebe

Haven't watched a direct in a long time but I'm very interested in this one as it's an "old fashioned one", hoping for surprises.
Xenoblade pls

Top Bottom