• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Sadly this is going to be at 2 am for me. I'm going to sleep but I expect a clear and concise summary of the entire direct in the first post when I awake!

Nah, when I wake up I'm going to read through the thread starting here and live vicariously through you all.

It's really the next best thing to watching live and hammering on the F5 key.

I'm going to do like I did with the Marvel reveal last week and assume the worst. That way if/when something is announced, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course with the Marvel stuff, it was way beyond my wildest hopes.

Hiltz

I think Nintendo is better off saving a first look at Fire Emblem X SMT until E3, especially if the game isn't coming out in the first half of the year anyway. They won't likely have much in the way of new games to show off that we haven't seen before beyond a proper look at Zelda in playable form at E3. Every other game announced so far, we have already seen gameplay for.

lt519

There'll be another thread for it^^

Damn true, I was actually going to leave my browser on this page and just refresh when I woke and either laugh at everyone's disappointment or have a shit eating grin on my face from some awesome announcements. Either way it'd be a good way to start the day.

oti

Banned
iyRjbpq8YKmMJ.gif

Haha, love it.

weekev

Banned
I'm going to do like I did with the Marvel reveal last week and assume the worst. That way if/when something is announced, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course with the Marvel stuff, it was way beyond my wildest hopes.
Ive managed to convince myself that in order to win the hpliday season,Nintendo is going big with this direct. They are awesome when in a corner and right now they are looking convincingly third this gen, which translates into bombs being dropped in 3 hours and 50 minutes.

7threst

E3-time and upcoming Nintendo Directs are always great as a Gaffer. The nice pre-threads, the event-threads and the threads afterwards, be it disappointment & salty or glorious and exciting threads. Good stuff!

emb

E3-time and upcoming Nintendo Directs are always great as a Gaffer. The nice pre-threads, the event-threads and the threads afterwards, be it disappointment & salty or glorious and exciting threads. Good stuff!
Yeah, fun times. Hype is too good.

I guarantee I'll be on here complaining in about 5 hours.

xandaca

NEW F-ZERO

NEW METROID

ZELDA ON JAN 1st

FREE BATTLE ARENA DLC FOR MARIO KART 8

10 MAJOR NEW IPs

MARIO MAKER INCLUDES MARIO KART MAKER

N64 AND GAMECUBE GAMES ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE, ALSO GAMES FROM THE FUTURE

GOLDENEYE-ESQUE FPS AND ETERNAL DARKNESS SEQUEL AND MACH RIDER REBOOT FROM RETRO... AVAILABLE AT THE END OF THE DIRECT!

NINTENDO BUY BACK ALL RARE IPs

But the new Metroid is called Other U, so Direct ruined forever.

namDa65

I hope new games are announced for spring 2015. I actually want Galaxy 1+2 HD since I have never played them and cannot stand 480p on an HDTV.

ARE YOUR BODYS READY? Only a few hours till we get exciting new games announcements and infos on Zelda U!

Whoa whoa whoa. If I were you, I would set my expectation way lower. They only promised showing games up to spring 2015, and it is pretty clear that Zelda U is set to holiday 2015.

Whoa whoa whoa. If I were you, I would set my expectation way lower. They only promised showing games up to spring 2015, and it is pretty clear that Zelda U is set to holiday 2015.

No, after all these months with absolutely nothing these expections are reasonable. Only Japan said Spring 2015, but not the other accounts. And even so, there are always a few surprises in a big direct!

3DS has also absolutely nothing in end 2014 and early 2015, so there sure will be new games for that console.

7threst

NEW F-ZERO

NEW METROID

ZELDA ON JAN 1st

10 MAJOR NEW IPs

GOLDENEYE-ESQUE FPS AND ETERNAL DARKNESS SEQUEL AND MACH RIDER REBOOT FROM RETRO... AVAILABLE AT THE END OF THE DIRECT!

Haha, damn, the Other M-hate never stops :)

Like always I'll be watching in hopes that they upend the tea table and deliver on my expectations and hopes. More stuff like ZombiU, Pilotwings 64, Mario 64, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart 8. Feed me Nintendo.

Mik317

I expect Smash (
duck hunt
) , Mario Kart DLC, Pokemon, Captain Toad, Peaks or Mentions of YY, Splatoon, and maybe X (and X3ds)...and maaaaybe one new game for the wiiu or 3ds but nothing major.

anyone expecting Zelda or some major new game are setting themselves up for a let down.

Here is the key to Nintendo Directs...expect exactly what they say to expect and you will never be let down. It'll make the random new stuff that more awesome if it does come.

Discomurf

NEW F-ZERO

NEW METROID

ZELDA ON JAN 1st

10 MAJOR NEW IPs

Haha seems about right.

Sums it up well. PS4/XBO fans don't care, whereas Nintendo fans are going nuts even though non-E3 directs typically reveal features to games we already know lots about, or reveal NA release dates to hardware we knew about.

Allow me to sum up today's direct:

New Smash feature/character
New 3ds release date with MH4 bundle
More info on MK8 DLC
Trailer for Splatoon
Probably a WiiU bundle

No new games, no price cut. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

JDSN

Banned

I fucking love Nintendo fans.

Sums it up well. PS4/XBO fans don't care, whereas Nintendo fans are going nuts even though non-E3 directs typically reveal features to games we already know lots about, or reveal NA release dates to hardware we knew about.

More info on MK8 DLC
Trailer for Splatoon
Probably a WiiU bundle

So salty lol.

RM8

They're absolutely not mentioning N3DS, right? In the end we'll get it late so they can sell more Old 3DS systems. Bummer.

More info on MK8 DLC
Trailer for Splatoon
Probably a WiiU bundle

So I guess Kirby triple deluxe, ALBW, X, and hyrule warriors among others aren't games
Welp, what have I been doing with my life

I expect Smash (
duck hunt
) , Mario Kart DLC, Pokemon, Captain Toad, Peaks or Mentions of YY, Splatoon, and maybe X (and X3ds)...and maaaaybe one new game for the wiiu or 3ds but nothing major.

anyone expecting Zelda or some major new game are setting themselves up for a let down.

Honestly they are uploading every day new videos of those (except X and MK8 DLC) why would they do again in a direct?

Why no Zelda U? 5 Months passed since E3 while they were already working hard on it, plus they are working since Skyward Sword on Zelda U, so why is that expection wrong?

No, after all these months with absolutely nothing these expections are reasonable. Only Japan said Spring 2015, but not the other accounts. And even so, there are always a few surprises in a big direct!

3DS has also absolutely nothing in end 2014 and early 2015, so there sure will be new games for that console.

If I will be disappointed, it will be your fault. You officially broke my hype brakes. To the General All-Embracing Direct we go!

Top Bottom