• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

7threst

Sums it up well. PS4/XBO fans don't care, whereas Nintendo fans are going nuts even though non-E3 directs typically reveal features to games we already know lots about, or reveal NA release dates to hardware we knew about.

Allow me to sum up today's direct:

New Smash feature/character
New 3ds release date with MH4 bundle
More info on MK8 DLC
Trailer for Splatoon
Probably a WiiU bundle

No new games, no price cut. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.
The hype is real, as is the salt.

Sheroking

Expecting many good things to happen. Bring it on!

GZ7nf.gif

Did I just watch a dude die?

maxcriden

vnzu7fo3.png

Honestly they are uploading every day new videos of those (except X and MK8 DLC) why would they do again in a direct?

Why no Zelda U? 5 Months passed since E3 while they were already working hard on it, plus they are working since Skyward Sword on Zelda U, so why is that expection wrong?

It's possible we'll see Zelda U before next March. It's just less likely I think because we usually only get major information about new Zelda games during E3 or major events like that. I'd love to be wrong, though. I'm hoping for MM as well, that seems a bit more likely to me.

I actually think we're more likely to see either a new 2D Mario game for 3DS or Wii U (with a new art style) or 3DL2 for 3DS.

ETA: I do think given the deluge of games announced for Wii U next year, and the dearth of games announced for 3DS for next year, we're more likely to get a suprise 3DS game announcement than a Wii U one (eShop notwithstanding).

Chaos17

Sums it up well. PS4/XBO fans don't care, whereas Nintendo fans are going nuts even though non-E3 directs typically reveal features to games we already know lots about, or reveal NA release dates to hardware we knew about.

Allow me to sum up today's direct:

New Smash feature/character
New 3ds release date with MH4 bundle
More info on MK8 DLC
Trailer for Splatoon
Probably a WiiU bundle

No new games, no price cut. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Like I said before, I doubt Nintendo will make a wolrdwide direct for 5 mins of infos.

It's possible we'll see Zelda U before next March. It's just less likely I think because we usually only get major information about new Zelda games during E3 or major events like that. I'd love to be wrong, though. I'm hoping for MM as well, that seems a bit more likely to me.

I actually think we're more likely to see either a new 2D Mario game for 3DS or Wii U (with a new art style) or 3DL2 for 3DS.

The crazy thing about a good ND is, that anything could happen.
On the one hand we could get just infos about the games we already knew about but on the other we could see a new trailer for zelda and games which won't be released till the end of 2015/sprin 2016. Anything is possible and thats what makes the hype feel so good.

Sheroking

So... you guys realize this is primarily for winter and spring titles, right? You know it's not E3?

They might and probably will show something new, but the direct has a larger purpose and it's not reveal new games.

So... you guys realize this is primarily for winter and spring titles, right? You know it's not E3?

They might and probably will show something new, but the direct has a larger purpose and it's not reveal new games.
I believe a lot of people are expecting that new HD remake that was rumored.

Pleaaaase don't be galaxy!

zruben

Banned

I tried to tell them yesterday, but they don't listen.

#TeamNoHype

Not my fault, but Nintendos for wasting my time for shit I already know and dont care about!

Eh? I pretty much care quite well about what they will definitely have (gotta know more details about Captain Toad!), I just wanted to protect myself from hyping for what we probably won't see. Anyways, I hope I won't forget about my initial expectations, so it should be a win-win situation for me.

If we get...

-New Splatoon info
-New X Trailer
-Substantive Hyrule Warriors DLC
-New Indie sizzle reel with some unannounced stuff
-HD Remake or two
-N64 VC support

I will be ecstatic!

maxcriden

Already did!

giphy.gif

ibcYFKzPBNfyYW.gif

The crazy thing about a good ND is, that anything could happen.
On the one hand we could get just infos about the games we already knew about but on the other we could see a new trailer for zelda and games which won't be released till the end of 2015/sprin 2016. Anything is possible and thats what makes the hype feel so good.

You're right. It's time to announce that Nabbit eShop stealth game!

Son Of D

For what it's worth last year's Direct that was focused on late 2013/early 2014 titles did reveal Hyrule Warriors.

1upmuffin

I wonder if the Majora's Mask 3DS remake is actually happening. Maybe it will be revealed to be another New 3DS Exclusive. That would be kind of lame though.

Why would you wish that!/??

I want it!
It would be a huge waste haha, there's no reason for it.
1. Unlike other possible remakes, Galaxy 1 and 2 are both already playable on WiiU.
2. Graphics don't need a huge improvement.
3. Unlike say, Wind Waker, there are no obvious improvements to make.

If we had to get mario, I'd prefer Sunshine. The graphics would make Isle Delfino come to life, and I think even the biggest sunshine fans would acknowledge that some changes could be made here and there. Galaxy would just be slightly nicer looking.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Give me a Zelda U trailer, I don't care about anything else. It's been 5 months since E3, I don't want to go another 7 without more information about it.

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah but people are buying ps4 on the promise of next years games. Look at sales of WiiU vs ps4 hardware and compare the quality of titles available now. Hype sells consoles, Nintendo needs to drop some bombs to raise pre Christmas hype. Its gonna be megaton after megaton tonight and then just when you think you cant take any more they will announce half life 3 as exclusive and the internet will explode, WiiU will instantly sell out of every shop and become the biggest comeback story ever.
Yes I believe this to be a fair assessment of what we can expect.

Sendou

I don't get how Direct thread always gets these posts. Why don't you tell me what was the last major Direct without a game announcement? Directs always have major and unexpected news that's what makes them fun. They don't have the quantity in news but that's not the point.

rjinaz

Come on people, there will be at least something Xenoblade X related. Soraya Saga has yet to let me down. She's like Old Faithful. And no I don't buy it has anything to do with Xenoblade 3DS.

I would argue that those expecting pretty much nothing are exaggerating as much as those expecting the impossible. I mean I get keeping expectations low but it's not like Nintendo hasn't released good info in past directs. There have been some very good ones indeed in the last two years or so.

Top Bottom