• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

-Horizon-

Something random.
Even the Squid girl creator is waiting for more Splatoon info.
Retweeted the Nintendo direct tweet.
https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/status/529624669146464256
https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/with_replies

I'll be extremely disappointed if they don't give us something Splatoon related

lcv9BCq.gif

GamerJM

Banned
This direct will be epic and yall know it stop BSing

IDK I'm not really feeling it this time (*cue Shulk*). I'm not one to be pessimistic about Directs either, I've gotten hype for pretty much every one this year. It's just that November doesn't really seem like a good time to unveil megatons to me I guess.

Banned
Everybody calm down! It's a direct about titles we know and saw at E3. There won't be any megatons or surprises. Not game wise. Maybe price slashing wise.

I won't pull your corpses from the derailed hype train.

Hiltz

Everybody calm down! It's a direct about titles we know and saw at E3. There won't be any megatons or surprises. Not game wise. Maybe price slashing wise.

But Iwata is back to hosting it now that he's in tip-top shape again , so there has to be some dramatic announcement, right !? Anyway, if any platform gets new game announcements, its the 3DS.

We don't know about Retro's Wave Race remake, Iwata's Balloon Fight Online(using the NintendoLand engine) or Next Level's Adventure Racing game using the F-Zero characters though.

emb

Dunno, but someone else posted about it too:
https://twitter.com/twinworld/status/530011891243184128

I didn't get this, for example. But someone else I know did get the same error. Someone must've flipped the switch too early by accident and quickly un-flipped it.

A buddy of mine getting it too ensured me that it's not a case of "hasn't turned on Wii U in months" either so...

If it's multiple reports it might be legit. I haven't checked either of the links though, so for all I know it's GAF>Internet>GAF>GAF or Internet>GAF>GAF

Frodo

People think the hype train can derail. It is all about the journey, love. Train has no rails to follow, it goes anywhere. You can't stop this.

If it's multiple reports it might be legit. I haven't checked either of the links though, so for all I know it's GAF>Internet>GAF>GAF or Internet>GAF>GAF

Neat! If it were just some random stability thing I don't imagine that they would have saved it for after the Direct... if it's something being saved for the Direct at all. But yeah, multiple reports makes it a bit more palpable.

I would totally support an Ika Musume x Splatoon crossover DLC if it were to happen.

Splatoon and the author's react was what caused me to buy the series. Also I heard it was good and part 2 was $6 with Prime shipping. I had actual watched the first episode when it came out in Japn years ago in my club. Would love some crossover DLC.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I am pretty sure they will show the new retro game. It will be DKC Return 3, Cranky revange. And you will love it!

Dunno, but someone else posted about it too:

I feel like it'll be an update to get reloading up and running. They've already announced smash has reloading so now would be the time to at least announce the release of reloading.

onilink88

I'm a bit late to the party, but here are my predictions sorted into two categories:

Likely:
-A focus on Amiibos and their compatibility with various games. I think this will be the main focus of the direct.
-Talk about the New 3DS release in the West. Maybe a specific release date, most likely a release window.
-Games: Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Splatoon, Smash Bros U (reveal trailer for
Duck Hunt
), S.T.E.A.M, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Remake
-Bundles

Unlikely:
-Zelda U, Majora's Mask remake (I don't think it even exists), Xenoblade X, FE x SMT, Star Fox U
-Discussion about QoL
-System updates for either console

sanstitre11lxuio.png

I wouldn't be surprised. A trilogy to round it all off. Then they work on a new project.

Hopefully they can kind of work on two at the same time.

I don't think they are done with the Donkey Kong series, they have to take on multiple animal buddy gameplay segments.

As good as both their Donkey Kong games are, they left a lot on the table I would guess and could get even crazier.

My guess is their next project won't be Donkey Kong though because of the sales.

emb

Soraya Saga has tweeted nearly every Direct for the past two years. Xenoblade X has also been at nearly every Direct for the past two years.

Are there any cases since Jan 2013 where Soraya tweeted and the Direct had nothing Xenoblade related, or where Soraya did not tweet and the Direct did not have Xenoblade?

Top Bottom