• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct September 13th for Switch and 3DS

Anyone who thought that Nintendo would announce more major 1st party games the month before Mario Odyssey comes out is out of their minds.

Hit the nail on the head.

Sure the direct might be unremarkable compared to those in the past, but it was damn solid. They have their line up, they have their plan, now is the time to execute it rather then muddy the warters with announcements for games that would come out late next year or even in 2019. They want you to buy a switch soon, this year, this holiday.

kc44135

Do you guys still think a Platinum/Bayonetta collection could happen? It's been months since those teases and nothing. Probably just trolling at this point, right?

giphy.gif

Direct was meh. I can see why people are excited for Doom and Wolfy 2, but they dont interest me on Switch. Everything else was a known quantity really.

And what the hell Golf Story. Still no date?

Golf Story release date is September isn't it? I realise that's not a specific date, but it's no more than 3 weeks away.

Opa-Pa

Do you guys still think a Platinum/Bayonetta collection could happen? It's been months since those teases and nothing. Probably just trolling at this point, right?

There's no way Nintendo is gonna leave Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U exclusively, and you could make a case for TW101 as well.

Gila Moo

Neo Member
Was hoping that Shakedown Hawaii would get a mention in this direct. Going by the developer's tweets it should be coming out this year, I hope.

Strike

Really solid lineup for the end of the year. I'm honestly impressed. Between their games and the SNES Classic, they're going to be raking it in. Nintendo is back.

kc44135

It'll happen at some point. But that's probably a next-year thing.

There's no way Nintendo is gonna leave Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U exclusively, and you could make a case for TW101 as well.

Well, I hope y'all are right. If there's one Wii U game that does deserve a port, it's Bayo 2. It's a fantastic game that deserves a second chance at reaching a larger audience, and it would also really help diversify the Switch's line-up as well, as there's certainly nothing like it on Switch atm. Beyond that, while I played it a ton on Wii U, having it (or any Platinum game, really) on the go would be amazing. I'll just continue to keep my fingers crossed, I suppose.

CronoShot

Probably one of the more disappointing Directs. Mario looks great and it's cool that Doom and Wolfenstein are coming, but....that's literally it. Nothing else was even remotely noteworthy or new.

And we still haven't seen a single thing on Champion's Ballad. Might be delayed?

Guys, I'm broke this winter.

Doom, Xenoblade 2, Mario, Dragonball, Battle Chasers, Sine Mora, Superbeat Xonic, Fire Emblem Warriors, Skyrim, Rocket League + tons of indies.

Best first year for a console ever for me.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Most surprising thing for me was the fact that the final Zelda DLC was totally missing from this direct although it's supposed to launch pretty soon.

Guys, I'm broke this winter.

Doom, Xenoblade 2, Mario, Dragonball, Battle Chasers, Sine Mora, Superbeat Xonic, Fire Emblem Warriors, Skyrim, Rocket League + tons of indies.

Best first year for a console ever for me.

I was saying to my colleague today that I already have a PS4 backlog but I reckon I could easily survive the next year just on Switch alone.

Concerning Snipperclips Plus: its entry on Nintendo's NA site lists it for $29.99, available at retail, implying a DLC price of $10 (or $9.99, rather; there's a precedent for the one-cent discount if you remember how Bayonetta 1+2 were handled digitally).

It looks like the options are (a) the whole package at retail, or (b) base game + DLC on the eShop, although one thing I'm not clear on is whether the base game will be delisted from the eShop for people who don't already own it and replaced with the Plus edition as standard. Probably not, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

It's likely the next major game in their pipeline was Scalebound that was canceled unfortunately. I'd expect maybe a tease from P* at E3 for PS or Nintendo. I don't think a full reveal will be until next year since they admitted they showed the game too early (though it was kind of MS fault there. ) I don't know what they could have planned. I'd think they don't want to work with MS again but it may make financial sense. Though Nier by all accounts was a god send to them. I feel bad because they are my favorite developer. I could see another collab with Square. I don't know if they want to work on another Nier right away but it would be cool to dig back a few gens for a reboot.

Although ports or small games could change that up.

As I expected, Nintendo are holding back.

Why waste their ammo when Switch is the hottest new toy?

There are a fucking ton of games announced already, both for 2017 and 2018, some GOTY material. They don't need more at this point.

More unnanounced games are in development, Switch is a huge success. A FACT.

Just be patience and play all the stuff that's coming out RIGHT NOW.

It's like Nintendo is stuck in a loop since the year of Luigi or something. Every direct or E3 presentation feels the same, none ever had the sheer variety of titles shown in freaking E3 2010(closest they ever been was E3 2016 lmfao. and January 2013 direct but that was full of stuff announced way too early). They have one big Mario/Zelda to carry them, Smash/Pokemon too while the rest is milking the hell out of Kirby/FE, showing too much Xenoblade and showing small titles no one asked for. Why are they still playing it so safe with these low budget games that are sure to profit but do nothing more? Freaking Kirby four swords smh. The Switch isn't safe from this either, you got Snipperclips "plus" when it's not even a year old and freaking arcade remix. This is just rehashing. I'm not saying that Nintendo should only make games on a huge budget, it's just that you can get way more creative with smaller releases than the games they have been pulling out for the last 5 years or so. Like making a new Wario Ware or something.

At least third parties are somewhat delivering. How is freaking Bethesda doing everything that makes sense @ supporting the Switch while Capcom and everyone else are clueless as hell. The Square-Enix stuff is cool too, thought only Builders 2 would make it. Octopath actually looks amazing

Mario actually looks GOAT, I'm not one to use this term lightly. Sure the Galaxy games and even Sunshine were great but Odyssey looks like they finally hit all the right notes to actually outdo 64, or at the very least come close to. Would most definitely be my GOTY over BOTW tbh

Speaking of which I wonder when they will announce the Zelda DLC. Holiday direct or just individual presentations for that and whatever game they would dedicate a direct for

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
As I expected, Nintendo are holding back.

Why waste their ammo when Switch is the hottest new toy?

There are a fucking ton of games announced already, both for 2017 and 2018, some GOTY material. They don't need more at this point.

More unnanounced games are in development, Switch is a huge success. A FACT.

Just be patience and play all the stuff that's coming out RIGHT NOW.

I don't disagree, but expected more from Japan given the timing (right before TGS)

Thought it was good. Damn, the 3DS is getting serious support still and the Switch has a really great lineup for the rest of the year. Missing 1 or 2 surprises on their end but DOOM and Wolfenstein were nice touches. Why Wolfenstein II though?

I will say the ONLY thing I dont like is the 3DS island

I dont see any reason all the 3DS software cant also be on switch

Continuing to run dual ecosystems independent of each other is pissng me off

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I will say the ONLY thing I dont like is the 3DS island

I dont see any reason all the 3DS software cant also be on switch

Continuing to run dual ecosystems independent of each other is pissng me off

For people who can't get a Switch for whatever reason, it's nice to see Nintendo is still supporting other systems.

Top Bottom