• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct September 13th for Switch and 3DS

mavo

Banned
So strange that Morphie's Law got an entire news brief segment lasting longer than Doom, Wolfenstein, LA Noire, Resident Evil, etc's small shout-outs. It seems like a cool concept but looks very 'tech-demo' to me... hmm.

Didnt they say it was a console exclusive? Probably because of that

Anyone notice Crypt of the Necrodancer Amplified was announced on the Japanese Direct? I don't know if that's been known beforehand but if it was I didn't hear about it.
QKxdVej.png

Plum

Anyone notice Crypt of the Necrodancer Amplified was announced on the Japanese Direct? I don't know if that's been known beforehand but if it was I didn't hear about it.

Yoooo

If there's any Roguelite I'll be buying on Switch it's this one. Love playing it on PC.

people obsessing over nipples...my god.
oldperson.gif

odyssey was amazing and I really hope the mario party game has boards....with nintendo's games staying at full price, I might have to get gcu sooner than I thought if target's B2G1 free doesn't pan out.

I think its kind of hypocritical that people complain about anime tiddies and nipples when they simultaneously cant be arsed to shut up about Audreys massive Lon Lons every time an E3 stream is on....

boiled goose

good with gravy
Just watch it and I think 2 games that were shown has possibly blown the doors wide open for more games to be released by 3rd parties that may of been reluctant to release on Nintendo consoles (M rated games).

and those 2 are Doom & Wolfenstein 2. Honestly, I never thought in a million years that these two series will ever be on a Nintendo console because they were very violent and usually Nintendo shies away from allowing those games to be released.

However, IMO, how these 2 games sell on the Switch can have huge implications on future Mature rated games in the future. If they sell very well, the skies the limit of what we could see on the switch in the future, and that's fantastic. However, if they sell like sh*t, then this could have a huge negative effect of what we will see in the future on the switch.

Honestly, I'm not into these type of games but keen on how much hard drive space it takes up but that doesn't mean that I'm not into M rated games and I really really hope fans of these 2 series buys them for their switch console.

Mario Odyssey looks absolutely stunning and I cannot wait to pick this up for the switch. Really looking forward to playing it.

Project Octopath Traveller looks really cool and I dig the graphics, demo is downloaded and looking forward to trying it out.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the one that I'm kinda worried about as they controls could be confusing to use. Graphics looks good but i'm downgrading this title from must buy to wait & see.

To me, NBA2k18 didn't look good at all and I hate to say it as I was tempted to pick this up. Fifa looked OK and probably will pick it up in the future.

Skyrim looks better than I though and I may pick this up, but pending on the price as I will not pay 80 CAD for this.

Finally, Rocket League looks good and I'll probably will pick it up...but again, pending on price as I have it on PC & XBO already.

The lack of m rated games on Nintendo hasn't been because of Nintendo since the snes days. Doom was on the fucking Nintendo 64. And the family friendly wii got manhunt 2.

night814

The lack of m rated games on Nintendo hasn't been because of Nintendo since the snes days. Doom was on the fucking Nintendo 64. And the family friendly wii got manhunt 2.
Not to mention No More Heroes on Wii.

Pretty sure Peach and Mario are going to get married in Odyssey. Why else would Mario have a wedding outfit?

Just watch it and I think 2 games that were shown has possibly blown the doors wide open for more games to be released by 3rd parties that may of been reluctant to release on Nintendo consoles (M rated games).

and those 2 are Doom & Wolfenstein 2. Honestly, I never thought in a million years that these two series will ever be on a Nintendo console because they were very violent and usually Nintendo shies away from allowing those games to be released.

However, IMO, how these 2 games sell on the Switch can have huge implications on future Mature rated games in the future. If they sell very well, the skies the limit of what we could see on the switch in the future, and that's fantastic. However, if they sell like sh*t, then this could have a huge negative effect of what we will see in the future on the switch.

Honestly, I'm not into these type of games but keen on how much hard drive space it takes up but that doesn't mean that I'm not into M rated games and I really really hope fans of these 2 series buys them for their switch console.

Mario Odyssey looks absolutely stunning and I cannot wait to pick this up for the switch. Really looking forward to playing it.

Project Octopath Traveller looks really cool and I dig the graphics, demo is downloaded and looking forward to trying it out.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the one that I'm kinda worried about as they controls could be confusing to use. Graphics looks good but i'm downgrading this title from must buy to wait & see.

To me, NBA2k18 didn't look good at all and I hate to say it as I was tempted to pick this up. Fifa looked OK and probably will pick it up in the future.

Skyrim looks better than I though and I may pick this up, but pending on the price as I will not pay 80 CAD for this.

Finally, Rocket League looks good and I'll probably will pick it up...but again, pending on price as I have it on PC & XBO already.

17014_front.jpg

147534-doom-snes-front-cover.jpg

The Lamp

Nintendo finds new ways to disappoint me.

Lmao at the 3DS Mario Party game, no news on the Zelda DLC, no Smash Bros Switch, too much shitty indie and old ports coverage.

BigDug13

Why? This is Capcom we're talking about.

I AM perplexed that Bethesda is going all in though. That's just unheard of in Nintendo history.

I'm perplexed that more companies aren't. The system is starved for big games outside of Nintendo's output. Skyrim and Doom are going to sell gangbusters IMO.

This isn't like the days of "Gamecube 3rd party output sells worse than any other platform". The fact that the system is also portable will cause more people to double dip than ever before.

Speely

Banned
Overall... a very awesome Direct. But no Bayonetta????

Platinum will get its own Direct.

I'm perplexed that more companies aren't. The system is starved for big games outside of Nintendo's output. Skyrim and Doom are going to sell gangbusters IMO.

Agreed. Bethesda is showing some great forward thinking with this platform. Of course, they can afford to take the risk, but it's still heartening to think it will turn out well. Talk about a litmus test.

VegiHam

I'm surprised at the reactions here to be honest. I finally caught it and it was, like, a little bit more of some stuff we knew about and a couple of low key announcements? No Zelda DLC stuff even.

Did the US one have some hype announcements we didn't get in Europe or...?

Speely

Banned
I'm surprised at the reactions here to be honest. I finally caught it and it was, like, a little bit more of some stuff we knew about and a couple of low key announcements? No Zelda DLC stuff even.

Did the US one have some hype announcements we didn't get in Europe or...?

We got the reveal of two big 3rd party games from one of the biggest Western developers, a great look at a unique Sqeenix exclusive RPG (with a great demo,) awesome details on a huge first party RPG, and Mario footage that suggests that it may be one of the best games ever created EVER.

Seems decent to me.

Opa-Pa

Oh shit, they haven't even talked about it in their official twitter account. Guess I'll have to triple dip!!

VegiHam

We got the reveal of two big 3rd party games from one of the biggest Western developers, a great look at a unique Sqeenix exclusive RPG (with a great demo,) awesome details on a huge first party RPG, and Mario footage that suggests that it may be one of the best games ever created EVER.

Seems decent to me.

Oh yeah, it was decent. But they kinda zoomed right past Doom and Wolfenstein too fast for it to really register; and we already knew about Octopath and Mario. I am glad to have a Xenoblade release date too. But like, what happened to platinum? And these things normally have something new from 1st Party. I guess Best Of Mario Party is that but....

quabba

It was really weird that they didn't show off Champion's Ballad here.

When they showed the amiibos without any mention of the DLC I started thinking this DLC isn't coming out this year... Maybe it will get a trailer or mini direct closer to December.

Top Bottom