• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct : Tomodachi Collection confirmed for Europe/na

Cipherr

Vp00fX3.png

XD

ibsrn1T9UcIxSu.gif

Oookay.... back to the D3 OT for me.

Refyref

How...do you get the Miis from the Nintendo group? How does this work???

It uses Miis from your Mii Plaza (or Maker). If you have Nintendo employees there, they'll appear in game.

Let me amend this. Did they patch out

1. same-sex pregnancy

2. same-sex marriage

3. same-sex relationships

?

The first. It was a bug with Miis imported from a different device. (Miis imported from the Wii, I think.)

This is Konami E3 2010 levels of bizarre.

It reminds me of some of the ads Nintendo did in early 2010 as well, like the Club Nintendo ad.

It uses Miis from your Mii Plaza (or Maker). If you have Nintendo employees there, they'll appear in game.
The Streetpass Mii Plaza (capacity 3000) or the Mii Maker one (capacity 100)?

Speaking of which when I stupidly had invitations enabled I got Nikki in my Streetpass plaza, I can send her to Mii Maker if anyone needs a QR code closer to the release. Does anyone know if when you send from the plaza to maker and back again do they still remember being a Streetpass or are they demoted to being invited. I don't want to lose playing ability from the Nintendo employees.

"Please take a look"

Is everyone on Nintendo mocking Iwata now? First Sakurai, now this Tranen guy (who seems like a cool guy, by the way). Not that I object, I hadn't laughed so much with a trailer for a very long time.

edit: day 1. This summer: Smash, EO:TMG and Tomodachi Life. Nice.

edit 2: Regginator, :lol

LOCK

May 2 - Kirby
May 2 - Mario Golf
June 6 - Tomodachi Life
July - Nintendo hates July
August - Probably SSB

Yeah, great summer line-up.

I hope this game catches on like crazy, it has so much potential. Twitter could make this game huge. lol

"Please take a look"

Is everyone on Nintendo mocking Iwata now? First Sakurai, now this Tranen guy (who seems like a cool guy, by the way). Not that I object, I hadn't laughed so much with a trailer for a very long time.

First Kamiya, then Sakurai.

Did the Japanese version of this have twitter support like ANCL did? Because I feel like this game basically needs it. Miiverse adds too many steps for people to do it quickly and does not benefit from a pre-baked hashtag.

Did the Japanese version of this have twitter support like ANCL did? Because I feel like this game basically needs it. Miiverse adds too many steps for people to do it quickly and does not benefit from a pre-baked hashtag.

As you say that....do we know of any 3DS games at all that have Miiverse integration? Is such a thing even possible?

"Please take a look"

As noted Trinen is known for this stuff... also the fact that you don't know who Trinen is makes me sad. He really is great at PR, I wish he'd take more of the spotlight especially in directs... but instead they mostly get Reggie to do it... and he's not great at it.

As for reasons you should know Trinen:

He's a translator at NoA. He often translates for Miyamoto and others at E3 (and takes the stage in his own right).

He used to (I don't think he does anymore, too high up now) translate games themselves. This includes the Oracle series on the GBC.

He's done a few other directs as well... he's just an all around awesome guy.

Penguin

As you say that....do we know of any 3DS games at all that have Miiverse integration? Is such a thing even possible?

Well you can take screenshots at any time in game by pressing X or Y.

I imagine probably saves them and allows you to upload whenever.

Actually has anyone posted any of the previews?
I read this in CVG article

sugarless

One of the rare instances of the US boxart being vastly superior to the EU one.

Day one.

I agree on the US one being better but the EU one is more like the Japanese one. NOE is like a branch of NCL, while NOA are an independent company, so that might have something to do with it.

sugarless

Pretty much day one, I wanted the original Tomodachi and so glad the EU and US finally get a localised version!

One interesting note: the EU vocal synth seems a little more robotic in comparison to the US English which seems to have varied tones in speech. I know British English is a little harder to work with in these these sorts of things, but hope that'll be tweaked a bit more before release.

Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe it's the cart storage space being taken up by EFIGS for Europe and just English (or just EFS) for NA making them lower quality? Or just that the only UK accented voice pack they could get sounds like this...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Japanese version of this had the same implementation as New Leaf in the Japanese version.

As noted Trinen is known for this stuff... also the fact that you don't know who Trinen is makes me sad. He really is great at PR, I wish he'd take more of the spotlight especially in directs... but instead they mostly get Reggie to do it... and he's not great at it.

As for reasons you should know Trinen:

He's a translator at NoA. He often translates for Miyamoto and others at E3 (and takes the stage in his own right).

He used to (I don't think he does anymore, too high up now) translate games themselves. This includes the Oracle series on the GBC.

He's done a few other directs as well... he's just an all around awesome guy.

It might be because I watch the UK Nintendo Directs? But you're right, I should know the guy by name given his curriculum

Top Bottom