• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

M3d10n

In Norway, the e-shop price is much LOWER than in stores. 10-20% lower. I guess they just converted the currency from the UK price, and didn't bother check what the games actually sell for in stores here.

I'm crossing my fingers Nintendo does this in the Brazil eShop. If the price is converted using the same values they use for other eShop games, it should end up costing $30~$35 USD.

18-Volt

I don't understand all the fuss. In France 1st party mario games are always 40 - 45€ range in retailers like fnac, saturn etc. Mario Kart Ds is still 35€ in some stores. Yes, a couple of bucks higher than some retailers but this was always the situation. I used a PSP Go and I know the price difference between digital and retail. I have bought Soul Calibur for 45€. But I didn't mind. As a guy who has a habit of losing game cartidges very often, I'm still going on digital route.

BooJoh

This might be the worst eShop week yet. I really hope NSMB2 is the exception to the rule when it comes to how much influence digital retail releases have on an eShop week, because they could have released any number of digital games people have been clamoring for and still sell millions of copies of NSMB2, whether digital or retail. Obviously they're just putting everything they've got into pushing people to buy it digitally.

This is (slightly) interesting...

The 3DS eShop only has Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D -- no DSiWare version.

Well they also said they would remove Cave Story DSiWare from the eShop when Cave Story+ hits 3DSWare, so I think they just don't want to allow for 3DS owners to get confused and buy the DSi version of a game.

According to Bergsala, the Scandinavian distributor: "Uh, what are download cards? Never heard about them, sorry."

Bergsala has gotten so bad over the last 10 years or so. Sure, they price gouged the shit out of us in the past, but it seemed that they at least knew their stuff.

Nowadays it seems that they don't know about anything until they have the item in their hands.

I guess they can't afford to do anything these days when they have to keep normal prices.

tsab

wow, my local eshop removed freakyforms but they didnt upload freakyforms dx or art academy pages. Is this normal?

thomaser

Bergsala has gotten so bad over the last 10 years or so.

Tell me about it. I'm a retailer, and they were the best distributor I could hope for 10 years ago. Now, they're... well, I should probably be careful, but I'm not very satisfied with how they do things. They have downsized away almost everything that once made them a pleasure to deal with. Now they're just a faceless corporation run by accountants. The salespeople are still great, but they don't get the information they need to answer our questions.

Nilaul

Tell me about it. I'm a retailer, and they were the best distributor I could hope for 10 years ago. Now, they're... well, I should probably be careful, but I'm not very satisfied with how they do things. They have downsized away almost everything that once made them a pleasure to deal with. Now they're just a faceless corporation run by accountants. The salespeople are still great, but they don't get the information they need to answer our questions.

Well on the positive side your not trying to retail Nintendo products in Poland.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
This is (slightly) interesting...

The 3DS eShop only has Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D -- no DSiWare version.

Is there another dual release where this isn't true?

I remember reading that Cave Story will be removed from the eShop once the + version is released.
But will remain as standard DSiWare for DSi units.

Seems like the smart thing to do.

Why do people say there is nothing on eshop? there are over brand new 50 games!

cl75E.jpg

LayLa

the 3 digital download 3DS games are now available in the UK eShop
this will be one digital launch where the servers will be able to cope, i'll wager

JoeInky

the 3 digital download 3DS games are now available in the UK eShop
this will be one digital launch where the servers will be able to cope, i'll wager

What are the other 2 games again? An Art Academy game and something else I can't remember.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
is changing european regions to get better prices legit/legal?

asking because I might download NSMB 2

BowieZ

Banned
Can I just confirm with y'all -- will the card and the download use the same save file information, or are they separate?

GWX

Hey brazilians, is New Super Mario Bros. 2's price already up in the brazilian eShop? I can't connect my 3DS to the internet right now, and I was wondering if it was up and if yes, how much it costs...

BowieZ

Banned
I can't imagine they'd use the same save file.
Which sucks cos that means I'll have to decide between digital and physical.

I would prefer digital - to have the game in the system at all times - but it's AU$70, compared with $54 at Big W. :(

EDIT: Or maybe I'll do my initial playthrough physically, get to 1M coins etc, then wait for a game sale on the eShop, and do it all over again.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Which sucks cos that means I'll have to decide between digital and physical.

I would prefer digital - to have the game in the system at all times - but it's AU$70, compared with $54 at Big W. :(

EDIT: Or maybe I'll do my initial playthrough physically, get to 1M coins etc, then wait for a game sale on the eShop, and do it all over again.

Why don't you just buy the digital version from the UK eShop?

BooJoh

I can't imagine they'd use the same save file.

If I had to guess I'd say there's a chance the DLC will work across digital and cart versions on the same system, but the save file for the cart version is going to be on the cart and won't be updating the save file on your SD card unless Nintendo specifically designed the game with this in mind, and I can't see why they would. There's really no reason to put the cart version into a system that owns the digital version unless maybe a friend borrows your 3DS with their cart to play DLC (again, assuming that might work) or if you just run out of SD space and decide to buy the cart version to replace the digital version.

vdlow

Hey brazilians, is New Super Mario Bros. 2's price already up in the brazilian eShop? I can't connect my 3DS to the internet right now, and I was wondering if it was up and if yes, how much it costs...

Not yet. Not only on the brazilian eShop but also on the USA one.

I don't understand why Square-Enix hasn't jumped all over the Virtual Console yet. How many goddamn sales would they get if they just released the FFs and DQs on this shit?

GWX

Not yet. Not only on the brazilian eShop but also on the USA one.

Thank you and, well, we'll know pretty soon. I hope the great conversion rate that eShop uses in its current games catalogue carries over to the retail games... I want to pay ~R$70 in NSMB2, and not R$130, as most retailers here!

I don't understand why Square-Enix hasn't jumped all over the Virtual Console yet. How many goddamn sales would they get if they just released the FFs and DQs on this shit?
I would love to see the Final Fantasy/Saga games on the 3DS VC as well as Final Fantasy Adventure. Heck I'd just be happy to see more RPGs on the 3DS VC, Great Greed, the Ultima Games, Knights Quest. Best I can see in the future is Legend of the River King which is more a fishing game but with RPG turn based battles against various wild life while you are walking around. And that Shinning Force game coming out for Game Gear some day in the future.

Don't think we'll see the DQ games on the eShop though anytime soon. The first DQ Monster game got a 3DS remake in Japan that'll hopefully be coming out next year some time and not sure if Square would go ahead with the original DQ remakes either.

@MUWANdo

Banned

It took them years and years to even support the Wii VC, and they only started doing it seriously after FF13 flopped, and even THEN they half-arsed it.

Where the 3DS VC is concerned, you have to remember that:

-The VC platforms currently available on 3DS (GB/C, NES, Game Gear) didn't really get a whole lot of games from S-E to begin with

-S-E doesn't seem to want to release any of the old DQ games on legacy platforms like VC, so that's DQ1-3/Monsters off the list

When you break it down like that, there isn't really as much there to hope for as you might initially thing--FF1, the three SaGa games for GB and the first Mana game, which is definitely better than nothing, but hardly spectacular.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Yes, it's legal, but if you're not in AUS/NZ (or some other non-EU PAL-region country that I'm not aware of) than changing region won't make a difference. All the EU countries have the same prices.

well I'm from England so changing to another PAL region will give me a good discount. Thanks for the reply, I'll download :)

It took them years and years to even support the Wii VC, and they only started doing it seriously after FF13 flopped, and even THEN they half-arsed it.

Where the 3DS VC is concerned, you have to remember that:

-The VC platforms currently available on 3DS (GB/C, NES, Game Gear) didn't really get a whole lot of games from S-E to begin with

-S-E doesn't seem to want to release any of the old DQ games on legacy platforms like VC, so that's DQ1-3/Monsters off the list

When you break it down like that, there isn't really as much there to hope for as you might initially thing--FF1, the three SaGa games for GB and the first Mana game, which is definitely better than nothing, but hardly spectacular.
There's also Taito and Eidos stuff they could release.

Really I just want FFA and FFL2. Maybe Magical Chase GBC if they hold rights over that.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Ohh yeah, I forgot all about them. Now that I'm thinking about their back catalogues, though, they released even less for those platforms than S-E did--a bunch of downgraded versions of decent arcade games from Taito, and a couple dodgy Lara sidescrollers from Eidos (assuming they actually hold the rights to the GBC games).

Nilaul

Poland

Pullbox 24 zloty
Dilon 40 zloty
Mario 189,80 zloty

Switzerland

Pullbox 8,40 CHF
Dilon 14,00 CHF
Mario 57,90 CHF

Nilaul

That would be great.
Unfortunately my 3DS is not with me right now, so can't do it myself.

Hmmm, so far the best deal is Euro? (about £5 cheaper)
The zloty one is 36.73 pounds. Don't know yet which one is the best deal yet. I can't recall which countries don't use the euro. Em africa is Pal region too?

Checked also Albania, Turkey, and Hungary and Russia. Which don't really have an eshop or it is not updated. I'm not sure about Russia, someone has to double check that,

Got my 3DS back. Checked Russia and South Africa. Both have empty eshops. Why bother having a functioning eshop if they're not going to release games for it? :S
Nintendo sometimes...

Norway has about the same price as the UK.

Nilaul

Austrailia

Well you can buy things in Australia if you want to. Mario is not avaible yet.

Pullbox: $9
Diilon $15

Azerbaijan
So rich, yet no e-shop. :p

Bosnia
No E-shop

Croatia
No E-shop

Cech Republic
Never ever updated

Top Bottom