• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2012

zroid

Banned
In my experience, most acronymns are spelled out. There are surely some that are spoken as actual words, too, but most used ones tend to be spelled out. Maybe you don't use a lot?

While you're right, an "acronym" that's spelled out is by most definitions called an "initialism".

For example, FBI would be an initialism, while laser would be an acronym. In general, acronyms are intended to serve as words. FBI isn't a word, it's just an abbreviation.

I was just kidding about SNES by the way, I always say "Snes" but I know many people say Super NES or S-N-E-S. :p

Platy

Nothing is confirmed, but Nintendo said publishers are the ones that decide whether to sell via DD or not so don't expect every game to get a digital release.

So far there have been no 3rd party games announced using the new system. There are a couple games which have both retail and eShop versions, but those are just isolated cases of the publisher submitting the same game as both retail and eShop - they don't have retail download cards.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Any chance of games like Star Fox or Ocarina with DD ?

Here where I live the price of gaming stuff in general is INSANE (3DS XL here is like 600 dollars) so DD is ALWAYS the way to go, since I can pay in dollar....

Now I only need to get some hopes for games like the 999 sequel and Layton to go DD ...

beje

Banned
I just noticed the Euro eShop has a section with personalized recommendations based on your purchases and your wishlisht. Interesting stuff!

Playing Mario Land 1 on 3DS makes me miss the old GB d-pad and buttons. Not having much fun with it, just so stiff to play.

I hope the XL has a nicer feeling to it.

At first, NES was Nintendo.

When SNES came out, it was Super Nintendo, and NES became Regular Nintendo.

Search your heart, you know it's true.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I just noticed the Euro eShop has a section with personalized recommendations based on your purchases and your wishlisht. Interesting stuff!

I wonder how "personalised" it actually is... I'm guessing there's a "core" and "casual" list of recommendations, and that's as deep as it goes.

BriBri

Has anyone with a Japanese system bought Gyouretsu Nageloop? Thoughts? Just downloaded Escape! Zombie City for ¥400. Absolutely ace game for the price. 3D non-existent but excellent sound and plays like a zombie paced Smash TV with zombies:)

Tom_Cody

Does anyone know if there is a specific reason why Neo Geo Pocket Color games have not come to the virtual console yet (such as emulation difficulty)?

I have never touched a NGPC and there are a few games in its library that I have wanted to play for years.

Related question: Does anyone know if any of the NGPC classics were ever released for other systems?

Celine

Does anyone know if there is a specific reason why Neo Geo Pocket Color games have not come to the virtual console yet (such as emulation difficulty)?

I have never touched a NGPC and there are a few games in its library that I have wanted to play for years.

Related question: Does anyone know if any of the NGPC classics were ever released for other systems?
There shouldn't be any issue emulation wise (except NGP godly digital stick can't be replicated).

NGPC games were never available on other systems.
SNKP seems to have forget about it :-\

So I wanna buy a DSiWare racer, which should I choose?:

Need for Speed Nitro X by Firebrand

or

Ferrari GT Evolution by Gameloft

Both are 800 points/$8.

sfog

Hmm...is there a Game Boy Gradius game or is it the NES version?

It's probably the NES version. There were two Gradius-like GB games, although the first one was released as Nemesis in all territories. Nemesis II (PAL/JP title) came out in the US as Gradius: Interstellar Assault.

There was also a PAL/JP only Parodius conversion.

Tom_Cody

I had been curious about Mole Mania for years and, now that I've played it, I have to say that I'm quite disappointed. I don't think I've ever read a negative word about it online so I was really caught off guard. I had thought it was universally regarded as a lost gem.

-Zero challenge so far (though I've only played through the first two levels)
-Charmless graphics and music
-Controls are somewhat slow

Those factors combine to create a gameplay experience that I just do not enjoy.

To reiterate, I have only played through the first two worlds. Does it get better? Is there ingenuity to come that I simply haven't encountered yet?
To respond to myself from last week, I am now enjoying Mole Mania immensely.

Once I got to the third world, I finally got into the groove of this game. Since then I have had multiple hour-plus play sessions with it.

I still think its a bit bland, but that's not heavily relevant for this type of game.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - AUG. 16, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
New Super Mario Bros.™ 2 (available Aug. 19) – The bros are back for an all-new adventure worth its weight in gold! Be one of the first to get your hands on this game by purchasing and downloading directly to your Nintendo 3DS™ system from the Nintendo eShop starting at midnight on Aug. 19. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Coin Rush Mode Video – A series of videos are being released in the Nintendo eShop to give players a special look at New Super Mario Bros. 2. A new video highlighting the competitive Coin Rush mode is now available. (For Nintendo 3DS)

THEATRHYTHM™ FINAL FANTASY® (Add-on Content) – Tap and slide to the rhythm of more than 70 tracks from the FINAL FANTASY series. Check out the latest songs available for download. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D – Restore peace to the Caribbean shores by pointing and shooting crazy pirate chickens in this frantic action game. You only have 90 seconds to complete your raid by slaying pirates and collecting all hidden treasures. (For Nintendo 3DS)

A Month of Mario
Mario's Picross – This week, "A Month of Mario" is featuring Mario's Picross. Starting today through Wednesday, Aug. 22, this mind-bending puzzle game is available at a discounted price of $2.99. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
Crazy Chicken: Pirates (Nintendo DSiWare™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/downloadaV04d0cc.php

I was afraid NSMB2's release would probably mean there wouldn't be much else in the eShop update. :/

I was afraid NSMB2's release would probably mean there wouldn't be much else in the eShop update. :/
Have they said anything regarding the price of the US eShop version yet?

Also I find it funny since Nintendo stopped the summer of retro I've not purchased anything from the store. I would like to think someone somewhere has noticed this :(

TehOh

Nintendo of AmericARRRRGGGHHH

Are they really going to hold back on other eShop releases each time a digital version of a full game is put out? I thought the eShop releases was looking grim already.

Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D?

tumblr_m4ag83A95j1qjzxrj.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | Discounts

• Mario's Picross (Nintendo | Game Boy | $3.99 $2.99) (From 08/16 to 08/22) Ongoing offer!

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (OT) DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy V's "The Final Battle" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy IX's "Battle 2" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy X's "Challenge" ($0.99) Latest release!
    Final Fantasy XII's "Desperate Fight" ($0.99) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Murrah

Banned
At least the eShop looks sorta cool with the NSMB2 theme going on

Looking forward to eShop updates coming to a halt every time there's a first party retail/digital release from here on out

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
At least the eShop looks sorta cool with the NSMB2 theme going on

Looking forward to eShop updates coming to a halt every time there's a first party retail/digital release from here on out

We don't need first party releases to bring the eShop to a halt. Bwohohoho. :(

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
This is (slightly) interesting...

The 3DS eShop only has Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D -- no DSiWare version.

Shiggy

When will retailers get those download cards?

There's currently no information about whether European retailers will receive download cards anytime soon. Who knows whether they'll arrive anytime soon or never; most stores don't even have the eShop download cards. There's no single online store carrying eShop cards...

I'm not entirely sure but I'd guess the eShop cards aren't provided by NoE, could that be? I've seen them at my post office together with gift cards for iTunes and Amazon; those cards are provided by a third party that operates offline only. Perhaps that contract is another obstacle for download cards.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
There's currently no information about whether European retailers will receive download cards anytime soon. Who knows whether they'll arrive anytime soon or never; most stores don't even have the eShop download cards. There's no single online store carrying eShop cards...

I'm not entirely sure but I'd guess the eShop cards aren't provided by NoE, could that be? I've seen them at my post office together with gift cards for iTunes and Amazon; those cards are provided by a third party that operates offline only. Perhaps that contract is another obstacle for download cards.

It's because Nintendo's eShop cards are the electronic type that need to be activated at a till.

Stuff like MS points already have a working code in a box.

Top Bottom