• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

What's not like the arcade in it?

It's not an arcade perfect port, but yeah as long as it plays well that's more important.

Have CE DX on XBLA, and it was fun. It's not portable, though.

Sure it is, CE is available on the PS store as a PSP download (not sure about Vita) and on Smartphones.

Curious what was not okay about it, though.

It's a complete rip off at that price IMHO but if you want it to buy it again to each their own.

Nintendo called my bluff ;_;

Haha. Awwww. :(

rjc571

Banned
Doesn't the Pac-Man + Galaga compilation thingy also contain an arcade-perfect version of the original Pac-Man? Can't imagine why anybody would want the NES version when they could buy that instead.

Chrom

There's a PSP game titled "If I was sealed in a room with a girl, I'd probably XXX" or something like that. Think it's a dating sim puzzler type game or something?

I'm pretty sure that's actually a game for the 3DS, not the PSP.

Roto13

Aero Porter reminds me a bit of Art Style: Box Life. Simple puzzle game that gets more complicated as you go with some sim aspects. (Instead of getting a better house and a better car, your airport grows.)

Also, lol "Bob Saito." Foolin' nobody.

Aero Porter reminds me a bit of Art Style: Box Life. Simple puzzle game that gets more complicated as you go with some sim aspects. (Instead of getting a better house and a better car, your airport grows.)

Also, lol "Bob Saito." Foolin' nobody.

WHAT? Box Life was my favorite Art Style game!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is not the complete EU Wii U launch titles list. It only includes confirmed stuff.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules | €11.99 | £10.79) Upcoming (11/30)
  • Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation | €14.99 | £12.99) Upcoming (11/30)
  • Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia | €9.99 | £8.99) Upcoming (11/30)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (OT) (Nintendo | €59.99 | £44.99) Upcoming (11/30)
  • Nintendo Land (OT) (Nintendo | €59.99 | £44.99) Upcoming (11/30)
  • Puddle (Neko Entertainment | €7.99 | £7.19) Upcoming (11/30)
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte | €13.49 | £10.99) Upcoming (11/30)
  • ZombiU (OT) (Ubisoft | €? | £?) Upcoming (11/30)

• FIFA 13 (OT) (Electronic Arts | Demo Version) Upcoming (11/30)

Baconbitz

Banned
Doesn't the Pac-Man + Galaga compilation thingy also contain an arcade-perfect version of the original Pac-Man? Can't imagine why anybody would want the NES version when they could buy that instead.
30 dollars just for a port versus 5. You think that's a good deal?

donny2112

I'm pretty sure that's actually a game for the 3DS, not the PSP.

Yep, you are correct. Just so used to PSP games having title like that. :) Maybe this is a DLC for the 3DS game or a standalone DLC/spinoff for the game?

Can't imagine why anybody would want the NES version when they could buy that instead.

Downloadable instant access instead of using up the card slot.

and on Smartphones.

Smartphone would be an option. When I played CE DX, it seemed like a very different game than the original Pac-Man. Seemed to be mainly about following the pattern to build up a huge line of ghosts before getting a power pellet and turning to eat 40 ghosts in a row. Got all the achievements in the XBLA version, but as said, seemed to be a very different playstyle than the original.

Was the original playstyle buried in the game somewhere?
Any first-hand experience with the controls (seemed incredibly twitchy, so'd need very responsive controls. Original Pac-Man less so due to slower speeds, though)?

Edit:
Hey, cool, there's a free demo! Plays pretty good. Controls are mostly fine, but could see myself getting frustrated going for a high score and losing due to a misread input. Definitely a good quality experience, though. Something to think about between the CE on phone and NES Pac-Man on 3DS. May just get both, eventually. :lol

Chrom

Yep, you are correct. Just so used to PSP games having title like that. :) Maybe this is a DLC for the 3DS game or a standalone DLC/spinoff for the game?

I think this is a standalone game, as the eShop and official pages don't seem to acknowledge the original game at all. It's like a mini version, I'm guessing.

YESSSSSS!

The site you GO to for Nintendo news has a press release saying Urban Trial Freestyle is coming to the 3DS eshop. Hopefully its a well done port.

jonno394

Very VERY disappointed if Mighty Switch Force HD is not available to download on the Eu store. Will have to go with Trine 2 instead along with Nano Assault Neo

On CE? No, that doesn't contain the original as a bonus unfortunately.
The 3DS collection does, original versions of both Pac-Man and Galaga, as well as Pac-Man CE, Galaga CE, Pac-Man Tilt & Galaga 3D Impact. For an early 3DS release the package was kinda cool. Would love it if they released it on the eShop as a retail title for 20 bucks or something.

Played alittle bit of Aero Porter, seems kinda cool, but I can see things getting hectic quiet quickly. But not bad for $5 I guess.

Best thing about it means Crimson Shroud is next and that shouldn't be too far away.

The 3DS collection does, original versions of both Pac-Man and Galaga, as well as Pac-Man CE, Galaga CE, Pac-Man Tilt & Galaga 3D Impact. For an early 3DS release the package was kinda cool. Would love it if they released it on the eShop as a retail title for 20 bucks or something.

Played alittle bit of Aero Porter, seems kinda cool, but I can see things getting hectic quiet quickly. But not bad for $5 I guess.

Best thing about it means Crimson Shroud is next and that shouldn't be too far away.
Crimson Shroud is December 13 for Europe and NA according to Level 5.

Japan sucks. I want Dead or Alive Dimensions from the eShop. :(

zigg

It was $20 retail for a bit. Still is, actually, though it's hard to find. Tilt and Impact are both eh (moreso Impact), but the rest of the package is nice.

Roto13

Hell, just give me Pac-Man CE on 3DS and I'll buy it. DX for bonus points.

zroid

Banned
I dunno, DX is such a great "HD" game. Not sure if want on 3DS.

On Vita, though... I could get behind that

It was $20 retail for a bit. Still is, actually, though it's hard to find. Tilt and Impact are both eh (moreso Impact), but the rest of the package is nice.
its funny, Impact was the one I was looking forward to the most but it ended up being the most meh, Tilt I'll admit I had fun with, wasn't a bad idea and I think they more or less pulled it off.

But yeah Pac-Man CE and Galaga CE were the stars of the package. I spent ages just playing Galaga CE and the little subtle 3D effects on them where awesome and just added to the experience. I really enjoyed how the points would raise up to the screen abit when you got extra points or something from eating a ghost or getting some fruit.

Just thinking how awesome those 2 looked with the 3D really makes me wish Space Invaders Extreme was still a thing as a 3D enhanced version of that WOULD BLOW MY FREAKEN MIND (Space Invaders Extreme 2 would easily be in my top 10 DS games ever).

Just under 3 and a half hours till I get my WiiU (Aussie here, but have a US 3DS) and I'm really keen to pick up all thats on offer on the eShop, Trine 2, Chasing Aurora, Little Inferno & some Nano Assault Neo. Also going to go on my Wii and pick up a few VC and WiiWare titles I've ignored (Contra Rebirth and some of the more recent Neo Geo fighters). Hopefully I'll still be able to set my WiiU to the UK region so I don't get the rubbish digital releases we get in Aus.

rjc571

Banned
This recent talk of Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions convinced me to order a copy :p I was surprised that it's still fairly expensive on Amazon, but I snagged a sealed copy from half.com for 20 bucks.

30 dollars just for a port versus 5. You think that's a good deal?

I guess it wouldn't be a very good deal if you actually paid 30 dollars for it and you didn't care about any of the other 5 games that it comes with.

Dang, I totally forgot both CE and Galaga Legions were on that 3DS collection. I saw it cheap at Target, maybe I'll get it now. Thanks to Worthintendo.

Hale-XF11

Yes, portable Pacman CE in 3D is soooo gooooooood. They should really just sell that as a separate download in the eShop. Easy money.

How are the exclusive PAC Man and Galaga 3D games on that collection?

Yes, portable Pacman CE in 3D is soooo gooooooood. They should really just sell that as a separate download in the eShop. Easy money.

Pac Man CE would be a killer app for playing on the Gamepad.

JoelFB

Vice President, Frozenbyte
Just under 3 and a half hours till I get my WiiU (Aussie here, but have a US 3DS) and I'm really keen to pick up all thats on offer on the eShop, Trine 2, Chasing Aurora, Little Inferno & some Nano Assault Neo. Also going to go on my Wii and pick up a few VC and WiiWare titles I've ignored (Contra Rebirth and some of the more recent Neo Geo fighters). Hopefully I'll still be able to set my WiiU to the UK region so I don't get the rubbish digital releases we get in Aus.
This is a bit embarrassing - but Trine 2: Director's Cut won't be a launch title in Australia. :( We're going to let the local press know tomorrow... It's stuck in age ratings. We hope it's not a long delay though, hopefully we get the rating within a week and then it should be just a matter of days for Nintendo to push it live (assuming we didn't make mistakes with the game build when we set the AU info there as placeholder, if there's something wrong then it has to wait for the first update we plan to release in December). Very sorry about this. :( (Of course if you do succeed in using the UK region then this is moot, so fingers crossed for that.)

- Joel, Frozenbyte team

This is a bit embarrassing - but Trine 2: Director's Cut won't be a launch title in Australia. :( We're going to let the local press know tomorrow... It's stuck in age ratings. We hope it's not a long delay though, hopefully we get the rating within a week and then it should be just a matter of days for Nintendo to push it live (assuming we didn't make mistakes with the game build when we set the AU info there as placeholder, if there's something wrong then it has to wait for the first update we plan to release in December). Very sorry about this. :( (Of course if you do succeed in using the UK region then this is moot, so fingers crossed for that.)

- Joel, Frozenbyte team
Its all good, I'm most likely going to change my region to UK and get it anyway as Aus usally gets the raw deal with digital releases from Nintendo and its just going to be better in the long run to go with the UK store so I don't miss out on as much.

And yeah OFLC screws most things up, at least you guys are trying to get it released down here, alot of publishers don't even bother releasing stuff as the cost to get games rated is too much for such a small amount of sales our population size would give. Its the main reason I got a US 3DS and if it hadn't been for my Wii being PAL I prob would have done the same for the WiiU but I'd like to transfer all my VC games to the WiiU and have them on there (its a launch Wii, the thing is going to die soon and I need to keep my VC games).

Brazil

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Crimson Shroud (Level-5 | $?) Upcoming (12/13)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Ninja Gaiden (Tecmo Koei | NES | $4.99) Upcoming (12/06)

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Crimson Shroud (Level-5 | €? | £?) Upcoming (12/13)

Someone be a guinea pig for Aero Porter and maybe it'll sway me from Ninja Gaiden, because fuck it, they kept pulling my strings.

Brazil

Someone be a guinea pig for Aero Porter and maybe it'll sway me from Ninja Gaiden, because fuck it, they kept pulling my strings.

It's alright, but gets too convoluted. Maybe I just suck, but I wouldn't recommend it.

TEJ

I'm rebuying a psp soon, and fuck it, if Unchained Blades ain't on the e-shop by then i'll buy the psp version.

this shit is ridiculous.

Brazil

I'm rebuying a psp soon, and fuck it, if Unchained Blades ain't on the e-shop by then i'll buy the psp version.

this shit is ridiculous.

Imagine if XSEED and Nintendo weren't BFFs.

We'd get it in 2016.

Really enjoying Aero Porter so far. Hadn't even heard of it, but decided to pick it up on whim, as for $5 I figured I couldn't go wrong. Such a simple premise, but manages to get extremely complicated pretty quickly...or at least it is for me, as I'm not that great at it. But I can't put it down either, so hopefully I'll get better with time.

Nah, the arcade emulation in Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions is awful. Pac-Man suffers from glitchy sound effects and slowdown.

Hey guys.

I get amazon gift cards from my credit card rewards. But the problem I see is that I cannot buy eshop gift card without going through some 3rd party seller on amazon.

Any idea of how I can translate amazon gift card into eshop money

Top Bottom