• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

rekameohs

Banned
I hope there's a VLR sale for NA coming up soon: that's a great deal for Europe, and it's still $24.99 here. I love 999 so I'm definitely going to buy the game, but I'd like to save a little of that cash...!

Katsuragi

I highly recommend Virtue's Last Reward to anyone who has the slightest interest in the genre. It is a truly remarkable game that should not be missed!

L~A

======
Price Reductions

3DS
Virtue's Last Reward €12.49 (£9.99) until 06/03/14, 23:59 UTC
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi €16.99 (£14.99) until 06/03/14, 23:59 UTC

I've asked EatChildren, and he has agreed to perma-ban anyone who doesn't buy both of these games, so you've be war... huh? What do you mean, you're not EatChildren? Then why did yo... huh? He took the money and ran away with it?!!....... :(

Seriously, I HIGHLY recommend both of these games, especially Virtue's Last Reward, it's fantastic. Looks like Rising Star Games is having a nice sale on the eShop this week! Makes up for the abysmal line-up...

And no, the save glitch hasn't been patched, but it's no problem since it's the digital version : just make regular back-ups of your save data, and avoid saving during escape section and you're all good. Played 2 playthrough, over 100h, never encountered it.

Orgen

Did they ever patch the game ?

I want to know too.

Ok, answered above. When you say "back up your save data" do you mean saving the folders of the SD in a PC? Is there an specific folder with the data saved? (separated from the games)

Thanks!

L~A

I want to know too.

Ok, answered above. When you say "back up your save data" do you mean saving the folders of the SD in a PC? Is there an specific folder with the data saved? (separated from the games)

Thanks!

No, I mean using the OS back-up feature (the little sign on the bottom left, on the bottom screen). It works only with the digital version of the game, though.

One thing to add, When you use the backup feature the saves are copied into an easy to locate directory called Backup. It is a lot easier than going into the long hex string and copying the appropriate sub directory of the title sub directory (my understanding is; extdata is where DLC and patches go, title is where downloads go)

Orgen

No, I mean using the OS back-up feature (the little sign on the bottom left, on the bottom screen). It works only with the digital version of the game, though.

Didn't know about that feature (just got a 3DS) but it seems that the bug is fixed in the eshop version? (not allowing you to save in the room).

D-e-f-

Banned
URBAN TRIAL FREESTYLE™ €3.49 (£3.15) until 13/02/14, 23:59 local time

I highly recommend anyone vaguely interested in Trials/Excitebike-style games to pick this up at that price!

D-e-f-

Banned
Seriously, I HIGHLY recommend both of these games, especially Virtue's Last Reward, it's fantastic. Looks like Rising Star Games is having a nice sale on the eShop this week! Makes up for the abysmal line-up...

Everyone already knows about VLR. How about you pitch us on the game nobody has heard of instead?

Didn't know about that feature (just got a 3DS) but it seems that the bug is fixed in the eshop version? (not allowing you to save in the room).
Is it? I thought the linked thread was showing the opposite in that later print runs of the physical release had it fixed but the eShop version never got a patch (yes, you do need to patch eShop games to v1.1 rather than have v1.1 in the initial download, that was my experience of Mario & Luigi Dream Team anyway).

nikatapi

URBAN TRIAL FREESTYLE™ €3.49 (£3.15) until 13/02/14, 23:59 local time

I highly recommend anyone vaguely interested in Trials/Excitebike-style games to pick this up at that price!

Yeah it's a fun game with decent graphics, good 3D and good replay value.

L~A

It's more of a work-around than a real fix, and what's more, there's still some areas where the corruption can happen (which is why I recommend not savng during escape sections, though I never encountered any problems myself).

Would be nice if Aksys had a similar sale for both Hakuoki and VLR on the NA eShop!

Fake edit : damn, just noticed it was actually 1 month-long. Yes :D

Once upon a time I would look forward to the eShop updates.....

As 999 didn't release in Europe I never bothered with Virtue. Good price but ehhhhhh I still don't want to have to import an entirely seperate game just to play it.

sörine

Banned
Chunsoft should pull a Capcom and just port 999 to 3DS/Vita. Maybe they could do rereleases of all their all old advs/sound novels to both now that is seems Aksys is more interested in localizations?

LayLa

As 999 didn't release in Europe I never bothered with Virtue. Good price but ehhhhhh I still don't want to have to import an entirely seperate game just to play it.

you don't really have to import it, UK based sellers on ebay are selling sealed copies of 999 for roughly £17. well worth it imo.

you don't really have to import it, UK based sellers on ebay are selling sealed copies of 999 for roughly £17. well worth it imo.
A few Amazon marketplace sellers charge a similar price too (though most ship form America so you would wait a few weeks).

But to be honest I felt that way about 999 (& Virtue) too. Its also I'm not sure I'm the mood for the sort of experience it offers so would just be collecting it (I'm trying to end these days of collecting and moving onto playing).

D-e-f-

Banned

I don't follow this logic at all.

Why would you be interested in VLR if you didn't care for 999.
If you did care for 999, what stopped you from playing it?
If you still do care about VLR, why do you not care for 999?
Where is the issue in getting 999 now and then also jumping on the VLR sale?
Or, why not just ignore 999 and simply get VLR? Vita owners also have to live without 999.

zroid

Banned

that's legit

didn't the eShop version have the save bug fixed too? or am I imagining that...

And no, the save glitch hasn't been patched, but it's no problem since it's the digital version : just make regular back-ups of your save data, and avoid saving during escape section and you're all good. Played 2 playthrough, over 100h, never encountered it.

ah gotcha

A few Amazon marketplace sellers charge a similar price too (though most ship form America so you would wait a few weeks).

Cheers for the info, I didn't realise it could be picked up so cheaply and easily. The last few DS imports I bought (which admittedly would've been a few years ago now) all got stung with customs charges which has pretty much put me off the whole process.
I'm tempted now though.....

I don't follow this logic at all.

Why would you be interested in VLR if you didn't care for 999.
If you did care for 999, what stopped you from playing it?
If you still do care about VLR, why do you not care for 999?
Where is the issue in getting 999 now and then also jumping on the VLR sale?
Or, why not just ignore 999 and simply get VLR? Vita owners also have to live without 999.

What stopped me from playing 999 was simply the lack of a Euro release and my own forgetfulness I suppose.
I was interested in it when it released (despite not knowing much more than 'it's a visual novel') and was waiting for a local release. This was at the tail-end of the DS' life, I got a 3DS at launch and pretty much forgot about 999, which never ended up coming out here anyway.
So fast forward to VLR coming out... reading about how it ties into 999 reminded me of its existence and I then realise I'm gonna have to import it and I quickly lost interest in VLR.

Now there's no 'problem' with simply ordering it but I'm just fed-up after having to jump through hoops for years and years for the chance to play certain games just due to where I live. It's just hassle for a game I don't even know for sure I'll like.
Maybe I'm just lazy.
I'll pick up VLR anyway as it's a great price and, now I realise 999 is so easily obtainable, I'll likely get that too.

L~A

999 is a fantastic game, so if you can find a copy easily, go for it! You won't regret it. Otherwise, well, there's no problem in playing just Virtue's Last Reward without playing 999. Reason why you should play 999 is because it's a great game, not because you need it to understand stuff in VLR (at best, you'd miss a few references, but nothing vital).

that's legit

didn't the eShop version have the save bug fixed too? or am I imagining that...

ah gotcha

Actually, that's just the NA version on the eShop (and new copies from now on, someone with the retail version recently posted a pic of the "fix" in the retail version).

By the way, some new european communities on Miiverse :

BfjvzM6CMAAI94O.png

Jucksalbe

Banned
I still have a bunch of VC (and retail) games to play on WiiU, so I'm not as mad about the drought as I maybe should be.
But still: where's my Super Mario Kart or the Square games? Come on! ;)

Robin64

I tend to pace the VC games to last about a week, on the chance there is another gem to be released.

L~A

Hmm...is that the first Game Boy game on Miiverse?

Actually, there has been very few communities for 3DS Virtual Consoles titles, and those which did get one were also released on the Wii U VC. For example, there's still no Mario Tennis community yet.

I have no idea why Nintendo is taking so long so make new communities... problem is we don't know how they do that.

Shiggy

VLR for 12.49 €? I think I should get it. Is it the patched version? Wasn't a huge fan of 999, but there don't seem to be any other visual novels anymore :(

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
VLR for 12.49 €? I think I should get it. Is it the patched version? Wasn't a huge fan of 999, but there don't seem to be any other visual novels anymore :(

It's not fixed in any European version of the game as far as I know. I've heard that the American eShop version disables saving in escape rooms, that's the only "fixed" version.

Also my save data got corrupted when I saved and quit during the novel part after the
GAULEM Bay
escape room, so I went back to the first novel part to save and quit after that.

Yuripaw

Banned
Shit, SMTIV and MH3U are already back to full price on the eshop here. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah they sure don't waste any time -_- I feel like they should reword their sale dates also...when they put through 2-3 as the date, you'd think it would still be on sale that day.

I tried the demo for MH3U and it looks and plays great! For $20 it is a great deal, It is a shame I don´t have too much time to play as this is a time sinker.

Crayons

Banned
This week, in Europe
Price Reductions

If you own a 3DS and don't buy this game for that amazing price there is seriously something wrong with you.

I hope there's a VLR sale for NA coming up soon: that's a great deal for Europe, and it's still $24.99 here. I love 999 so I'm definitely going to buy the game, but I'd like to save a little of that cash...!

$25 is still a great price. Buy it, it's a hell of a ride.

L~A

Yeah, Virtue's Last Reward is worth it even at full price, so 12.49€ or even 24.99$ is real nice.

Oh, and looks what's available on the European eShop right now... Pokémon Bank! :p

rekameohs

Banned
If you own a 3DS and don't buy this game for that amazing price there is seriously something wrong with you.

$25 is still a great price. Buy it, it's a hell of a ride.
I've got a few things in my backlog now, so again, I'll pick it up if there's a sale or when I'm caught up on some old games. I know it'll be great; just have to space things out!

Still no patch, right?
No but you could try out the save backup feature (accessed by hitting the < icon on the channel). According to the system settings manual you can have 30 backups at a time and choose to restore any one of them (if I understood it correctly). Its just a step to remember after closing the software (or before opening it).

Katsuragi

Good news for Gargoyle's Quest fans:

Capcom&#8217;s Gargoyle&#8217;s Quest series is one of their lost gems, but it appears that Gargoyle&#8217;s Quest II will be re-released as a Virtual Console game. Australia&#8217;s Classification Board rated Gargoyle&#8217;s Quest II: The Demon Darkness with Nintendo as the publisher indicating this is a Virtual Console release.

Gargoyle&#8217;s Quest was released for Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console, but in the West Gargoyle&#8217;s Quest II was only for NES so this is likely the Wii U game. Capcom made a Game Boy version, but only released it in Japan. With Gargoyle&#8217;s Quest II coming back on the market hopefully we&#8217;ll get the excellent Super Nintendo sequel Demon&#8217;s Crest in the future.

Source: Siliconera

Jucksalbe

Banned
Never played Gargoyle's Quest II, so I'll definitely pick this one up. But I don't really follow their reasoning that this must be for WiiU VC.

Top Bottom