• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

I wouldn't expect SMB3 a week after Tropical Freeze, or competing against a 3rd party game like Renegade. However, the fact that it's been listed in the eShop and nintendo.com hup pages for ages does make me wonder if they meant to have it out a while ago and forgot to flip the switch.

So now we may have to wait weeks/months longer just because of DKTF when they should have had it out months ago like EU. Probably a waste of time but I'm seriously considering shooting an e-mail off. I'd prefer to email a complaint both to NCL and NOA if I had an address for NCL (assuming this is actually also part of some odd direction on NCL's end since nobody knows who calls the shots on VC).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Have to admit: On the fence about Senran Kagura. Is it a good/fun game to play, apart from all the boobalisciousness? Is it worth going full price for?

(new page)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Have to admit: On the fence about Senran Kagura. Is it a good/fun game to play, apart from all the boobalisciousness? Is it worth going full price for?

(new page)
In all honestly, it's a decent game. Nothing amazing, but if you want a beat-'em-up with a bit of actual story (granted, through a good amount of text at times similar to a VN), then this might be up your alley. You can skip the little scenes when transforming & taking damage (I did this after seeing them for the first time just so I could get back to the gameplay faster). The fact there's 10 characters (plus 2 secret ones) means there's some variety in each of their play styles & you'll most likely find one or two that suit you.

Granted, it's a bit on the expensive side (kind of wish it was $10 cheaper), but I was content with my purchase.

So now we may have to wait weeks/months longer just because of DKTF when they should have had it out months ago like EU. Probably a waste of time but I'm seriously considering shooting an e-mail off. I'd prefer to email a complaint both to NCL and NOA if I had an address for NCL (assuming this is actually also part of some odd direction on NCL's end since nobody knows who calls the shots on VC).

Yeah I've been thinking of e-mailing them as well and I NEVER e-mail complaints to companies. I'm just curious to hear he bizarre reasoning of why they lied to their fans about having it out before the end of 2013. It isn't that hard to put a ROM up.

Next week in Japan:

Wii U VC:
Super Contra (Super Famicom)
Dracula 2: The Seal of the Curse (NES) or Castlevania 2 to us westerners.

3DS VC:
Gargoyles Quest 2

3DS Download:
Winter Bird Mania 3D

Also some 3DS DL game whose google translation is:

Large adventure action game in the same way as the story of the movie, enjoy the exploration of large Makyo pounding in "Heavy Smokers Forest". I can operate the six Doraemon, Nobita, Gian, Suneo, quiet, of Peko. Let's clear the mission in the power of everyone! Secret tool action also varied! In mastering the secret tool, so you Susumeyo adventure!

The bolded made me LOL. In fact, google translating nintendo.co.jp in general is a regular source of amusement for my small mind.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cleared about 56 puzzles in Tappingo & really enjoying it. For a puzzle game, it's got a great difficulty curve where I'll make mistakes, but never to the point of being annoying or frustrating (at least yet). For $3, I recommend it if you like puzzle games like Picross.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if there's some app that let me watch HBO (have subscription on HBO Nordic) on the Wii U (EU) ?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It seems that Knytt Underground is doing well on Wii U, as Nifflas announced together with KnapNok (B.U.T.T.O.N., Spin The Bottle) a new game for Wii U. I made a new thread here.

Danneee

Seems like a good a thread as any to ask this: if I buy a WiiU download code from game.co.uk will that work on my Swedish account? And will I get the bonus points for it?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Forma.8 also got announced for a bunch of platforms including Wii U (no XB1/360 though, which is a bit surprising). We also have Swords & Soldiers 2 as a Wii U exclusive.

TEJ

I just got a wii u. redeemed zelda hd and hyrule historia....how do I know they are d/ling in the background? where can I check progress? thanks.

Anyone have any Knytt Underground impressions they'd care to share. Must be worth it at 4 quid surely
It's very good. Big world, a lot of stuff to do, very fun physics and platforming in general, some very interesting platforming based puzzles (some of them can be kinda hard to understand for a while, but you'll get them) and a great atmosphere.

It seems that Knytt Underground is doing well on Wii U, as Nifflas announced together with KnapNok (B.U.T.T.O.N., Spin The Bottle) a new game for Wii U. I made a new thread here.
They've been working on it for quite a while now so wouldn't say it's a sign of Knytt Underground doing well.
They're also getting some funding for the game from the Danish government or something.

Converse

Banned
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I found this an interesting read -- Nintendo Everything has three publishers/developers (Ripstone, Image & Form and Two Tribes) chime in on their recent eShop experiences. They call the piece, and the eShop, "A Flawed Paradise." Some interesting tidbits in there about the current state of Nintendo's digital platform -- here's a fun quote from Image & Form (Steamworld Dig) for starters:

Image & Form said:
This may sound strange, but the Nintendo eShop is like El Dorado in more senses than one. There are nuggets everywhere, the (customer) people who hang out there are laidback, knowledgeable and friendly, and it hasn’t been invaded by greedy, cheapskate (developer) conquistadores who insist on trading glass beads for gold, making shallow games with a minimum of effort and yearning to race us to the bottom.

Sure, we weren’t the first ones on the scene. But other studios we’ve talked to that develop for the eShop feel the same: “Let’s hope the others don’t come here, let them slug it out on mobile or Steam. This is Paradise: most everything here is good, the gamers are REAL gamers who pay for quality, and when you shout out there’s an echo. I’m never leaving this place.” You can venture out, but you know you’ll be back. And on that steep hill in the middle of this city of gold stands the huge Nintendo totem. All ye other gods, never mind entering here; these people shan’t be swayed.

flowsnake

Maybe, could generate some interesting discussion. I am but a Junior, so I can't make threads yet -- figured I'd at least share it here in case anyone was interested.

Just so you know, this thread is "dead" now. We're well into April. :) I know it can be hard to keep up with these monthly threads.

Top Bottom