• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

Glass Joe

Why? This is crazy.

Edit: I saw the temporary cut, €39.99 (£31.99) is still too much.

It's still $59.99 in the US shop (though it was never removed). Splinter Cell and Just Dance 4 are still full retail price here too. As are Zombi U, Tekken... I admit that a $10 sale for Darksiders is pretty laughable but compared to the US side, at least Europe seems better at lowering MSRP in the digital realm as titles age.

Let's all cheer for intra-european region lock!
Through reading the system settings (or maybe eShop) manual. I discovered you might in fact be able to use multiple NNIDs on the same system. Just not at once. You have to format the system to log out of your current one (this is still linked to that particular piece of hardware and can not be used on another 3DS). Disclaimer: Please read the manuals as my interpretation may be wrong. Also I have no idea if software saved on the SD card will still work when you log back into the original NNID.

Formatting of system means losing all friends and progress on bulit-in software such as Streetpass Mii Plaza. So thanks but no thanks.

As for better fuel. Inazuma Eleven (everywhere except UK) and Snapdots (Australia) are fairly good.

also

Banned
Let's all cheer for intra-european region lock!

Because this game doesn't have translations, it can't have an official presence in the non-german eShops. It's fine, but because NNID locks people out of foreign eShop, I can't go out of my way to buy it on the German eShop. Yes I speak German Nintendo and I even happen to go there with my non-german 3DS.

I have no idea what this game is
[edit]
omg it looks so bad, give me better game to fuel my NNID rants
Being German only can't be the issue because English only games have been published in non English speaking territories; see Virtue's Last Reward and Phoenix Wright: DD.

Glass Joe

Fixed pricing is baffling, yes.

The idea that games Donkey Kong and SMB3 are the same price considering the difference in level/quality of content is nuts.

It'd be better if pricing was by generation instead. First gen NES games for $2, second gen for $3, third for $4. Or something like that.

Then again, plenty of today's full-priced $60 games vary between being 5 hours long and 100 hours long so duration of content may not necessarily be the best barometer.

That said, a game from the 80's which can be beaten in minutes should not cost $5.

This post must have been in the back of my mind because it made me remember something else. As a kid, I bought Mortal Kombat II on the SNES for $70. Using an inflation calculator, that's $110.49 in today's money. A SNES game on Virtual Console today is $8, and that price is seen by many as a total ripoff. No actual point to my post, other than me saying to myself "shit" at how time changes things.

rjc571

Banned
Fixed pricing is baffling, yes.

The idea that games Donkey Kong and SMB3 are the same price considering the difference in level/quality of content is nuts.

It'd be better if pricing was by generation instead. First gen NES games for $2, second gen for $3, third for $4. Or something like that.

Then again, plenty of today's full-priced $60 games vary between being 5 hours long and 100 hours long so duration of content may not necessarily be the best barometer.

That said, a game from the 80's which can be beaten in minutes should not cost $5.

Galaxy Force 2 is a game from the 80s which can be beaten in 20 minutes. It's also one of the most mindblowing games on the 3DS, and is endlessly replayable solely because of how good it is. If you don't think something like that is worth $5, I don't know what to say to you.

Shame it isn't the SNES version! :(

I have no idea why they won't release the SNES version. The SNES version of Yoshi's Cookie will probably never get released due to legal issues, but both versions of Wario's Woods were published and developed by Nintendo R&D1. I hope we get Dr. Mario 64 at some point too, but God only knows when that will be.

69wpm

I have no idea where to post it so I'll just post it here:

Nintendo released a new system update. Nothing interesting in the release notes:

Version 4.0.3 U
Further improvements to overall system stability and software compatibility

Updated this morning but didn't notice anything worth mentioning or making a topic about it.

L~A

There was a thread earlier this morning, but since it's no big news, it was quickly buried under more popular threads.

Ok, just 2 days left until Senran Kagura Burst :)

deleted

When I buy an eshop code at say - game.co.uk, will I still get the bonus points from the premium deal? Would be pretty sweet for, say DKC:TF

Hey, is there a general Wii U thread? I just got one last weekend, and I don't get why after doing the Wii to Wii U system transfer, I pop in a copy of Wii Sports Resort and when I load it up (in Wii Mode, obviously) my old save data is gone. Doesn't Wii save data come over? I haven't thrown in Skyward Sword or Galaxy 2 yet, but if I have to start over in those too, that's a bummer.

Sorry to be a bit off topic.

Looks like Zordix is bringing Aqua Moto Racing Utopia to the Wii U eShop.

Close enough for a Wave Race fix.

Zordix brings Utopia to the Nintendo™ Wii U eShop!

Zordix brings its Million selling Moto Racing franchise to the Nintendo Wii U with the title Aqua Moto Racing Utopia

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia will bring wave after wave of enjoyment and action. Do that perfect trick, stick the landing and make that tight turn in one flowing motion. Nothing is like the feeling of full speed in a narrow canal where danger and excitement walks hand in hand towards a best time score! Compete against friends and foes in exciting local and Internet multi-play.

“We aim to bring that easy going and flowing control scheme from Aqua Moto Racing 3D for the Nintendo 3DS to a larger stage on the Nintendo Wii U. We feel that this game deserves the best possible tech and in the Wii U we get the chance to excel. A budget several times larger than earlier games in the series has amongst other things enabled us to work on some new and revolutionizing water tech to really w(h)et your appetite for the game!” – Matti Larsson, CEO Zordix AB

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia is in production as we speak at the Zordix dungeons and the release TBA.

Come ride the wave of success!

Selected Features
- Completely new water tech
- Internet play.
- All new environments.
- Utopian vibes!

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/zordix-announces-aqua-moto-racing-utopia-for-the-wii-u-eshop/

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, is there a general Wii U thread? I just got one last weekend, and I don't get why after doing the Wii to Wii U system transfer, I pop in a copy of Wii Sports Resort and when I load it up (in Wii Mode, obviously) my old save data is gone. Doesn't Wii save data come over? I haven't thrown in Skyward Sword or Galaxy 2 yet, but if I have to start over in those too, that's a bummer.

Your save data should have transferred over. Does it show up under the system management screen?

Were those saves perhaps on an SD card? If so, you need(ed) to move them to the Wii's system memory first so that they could transfer. Not sure if you can simply do the process again to bring them over.

Sendou

Is this real? NOA doing a decent deal?

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-pokemon-promo/

They do something like that from time to time. It's real alright.

It wasn't a Mod, it was that Modbot thing. What is that anyway? I see him/it lock threads all the time, yet the username isn't red colored, so how can he lock threads?

I'm pretty sure any mod can use ModBot to lock threads to avoid the exact mods doing specific actions being revealed. I could be wrong though. It's not a bot in the sense that it would lock threads automatically.

EDIT: This is explained better in the thread linked above.

daydream

Banned
Try PM'ing a mod about this. Explain what I said. Your thread did something this one doesn't.

We also have separate threads for both WiiU and 3DS Virtual Console, so yeah.. weird that it was closed. Megathreads are rather hard to follow sometimes, and like you said, that thread served a different purpose than this one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The mod who locked the thread was representing moderators collectively, but it's clear that the tersely worded thread lock statement didn't offer enough explanation for the people impacted by the lock, especially when combined with not stopping by in the thread before locking it. Sorry about that.

Let me try to explain on behalf of the whole team (none of this is just my opinion, I didn't weigh in on the thread lock decisions earlier, and I didn't lock the thread):
- In general, we favour that new subjects of discussion have new threads. You all know this. I'm sure that was the spirit of making a new thread for that purpose. So, that's good. News that's of interest to a broader audience beyond this thread should still get new threads. A major game announcement, for example, would be a good candidate for a new thread.

- In general, we've been trying to make it so that platform-specific threads, if they exist, encompass as much of the ecosystem as possible. Steam's thread serves as a place to discuss game announcements, game recommendations, platform features, etc. Ditto the iOS thread. Ditto the PSN thread--we combined the Vita and PS3/PS4 threads. When Xbox One's download system ramps up it's pretty obvious that the XBLA and Xbox One download threads will be combined. We do this to try to widen the audiences a little bit, and to try to make them places where a wide variety of things can be discussed, instead of just sort of chat room stuff. If this thread is seen as a news-only thread, y'all should work with the OP for next month to jiggle up the format a little :)

- One of the reasons why digital stores have their own threads is because the volume of releases is quite high and quite a few of the releases don't really drum up enough interest to have their own threads. That's also why we discourage fortress threads for retail releases, where basically any retail release is going to have a base level of awareness that makes a more co-mingling, new thread approach for it a little better.

- The thread that got locked, when we looked at it, was basically an ongoing thread that had lots of subject overlap with this one. Hell, it's also got pretty near 100% subject overlap with this other currently active list of Wii U eShop games and news thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594761 which we also just locked :p The idea is that this is the place to discuss news, but also to talk about the games themselves.

- We're trying to move away from sort of monolithic "catalogue the entire platform" threads. They serve a purpose pretty near launch, but once the platforms expand, it's kind of like... reinventing Wikipedia or IGN or whatever to try to catalogue everything. That's one of the reasons why we encourage a monthly or weekly model for the digital store threads. Keep stuff fresh, keep new info visible, allow new people to join the conversation

- Hypothetically, there's room for threads besides this one that relate to platform-wide stuff, but in general we'd prefer if they were more ad hoc rather than sort of anchored, central community hubs. Like "Can I have some recommendations?" rather than "The Definitive Recommendation List |OT| Includes 97% of all games on the platform + we'll add anything you note we're missing".

- None of this has anything to do with Nintendo specific, this is a process we have been and are continuing to go through with everyone.

If there are any followup questions please direct them to a mod in PM. EmCeeGramr is away temporarily, so I'd recommend SteveYoungblood, quincognito, Nirolak, duckroll, or really any other moderator you've seen in a Nintendo thread before -- this is my way of saying I'm busy right now and only really had the time to handle the situation in terms of making this post, not handling the followup from this point ;). Mostly if it's not something they can make a judgment call on themselves they'll forward it to every other moderator so we all get to weigh in

TL:DR - Locked eShop thread due to overlap with this one; work with OP to expand this one if necessary; consistent with how we dealt with other platforms; designed to encourage broad conversation here and avoid having too many community chat room hangout spots to keep things fresh and accessible and minimize platform drama stuff; if questions follow up with quincognito or Nirolak

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Hey Stumpokapow. Thanks for the lengthy response. As you mentioned, some forewarning would have been appreciated, but it's good to know you all already came to that conclusion now.

I guess another part of the reason we had that thread was to keep track of upcoming announcements, since thanks to Kickstarter, there actually are a lot of incoming eShop games and all, which is a new thing for Nintendo consoles.

Remember when that OFLC rating for Gargoyle's Quest II popped up out of nowhere, but no one could figure out whether or not it was coming to Wii U or 3DS VC? Well...

wYTvK1M.jpg

oatmeal

Banned
I wonder what we'll get this week. I'm hoping for a sale on Wii U titles like Deus Ex or Splinter Cell. I want those, dammit.

And I'm digital only, I know I can get them cheap physical.

Yeah, saw that when I bought R-Type.

Wonder if it is a good game like the GB classic.

Great game. Weakest of the GQ trilogy, but that doesn't really mean much, considering the quality of all three games in the series.

Though I am a little bummed out that this might mean that we won't get the (kinda hard to find) GB port with the additional content. Then again, this is Capcom, so...

JavyOO7

Hmm. Now that I think about it, it doesn't sit too well with me about that deal NOA has going on soon. I say this because I'm REALLY lucky. I got the Zelda 3DS XL when it first came out but never registered it with Club Nintendo. And the games that are listed on the deal, I got 4 out of the 6 but are registered already either digitally or physically. Thankfully I can get Lego or Yoshi and be done with it.

I guess my rant is the XL or whatever 3DS you got should be allowed to register before the March period. But I guess I'm being a wee bit entitled. =p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If there are any followup questions please direct them to a mod in PM. EmCeeGramr is away temporarily, so I'd recommend SteveYoungblood, quincognito, Nirolak, duckroll, or really any other moderator you've seen in a Nintendo thread before -- this is my way of saying I'm busy right now and only really had the time to handle the situation in terms of making this post, not handling the followup from this point ;). Mostly if it's not something they can make a judgment call on themselves they'll forward it to every other moderator so we all get to weigh in

TL:DR - Locked eShop thread due to overlap with this one; work with OP to expand this one if necessary; consistent with how we dealt with other platforms; designed to encourage broad conversation here and avoid having too many community chat room hangout spots to keep things fresh and accessible and minimize platform drama stuff; if questions follow up with quincognito or Nirolak

I spent the longest time trying to figure out who quincognito was. It's Charlequin, isn't it? So esoteric...

I spent the longest time trying to figure out who quincognito was. It's Charlequin, isn't it? So esoteric...

Yes. That's not just a clever nickname stump cleverly bestowed upon charlequin, though. In his haste, he was just referencing our IRC handles. In terms of other differences, SteveYoungblood (no space) refers to me!

L~A

So, looks like YET ANOTHER "by Nikoli" game got rated by the PEGI. Numberlink by Nikoli. Where the hell are they coming from? :p

Top Bottom