• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

Being German only can't be the issue because English only games have been published in non English speaking territories; see Virtue's Last Reward and Phoenix Wright: DD.

I know I´m very late but I haven´t seen this posted anywhere:

A game has to have a french manual to be allowed in France, the game itself can be in any language imaginable.

Ace Attorney: DD´s manual is in english and french VLR too iirc.

also

Banned
I know I´m very late but I haven´t seen this posted anywhere:

A game has to have a french manual to be allowed in France, the game itself can be in any language imaginable.

Ace Attorney: DD´s manual is in english and french VLR too iirc.

I never noticed this, but you are right; all the eShop games I bought have French manuals available. Thanks for the heads up.
Makes me wonder if the Canadian eShop has the same requirement,

Glass Joe

Renegade (NES) scheduled for American release tomorrow on both Wii U and 3DS' Virtual Consoles.

Yuck. Renegade on VC and My Farm in the eShop. And apparently some CastleStorm paid DLC. Oh well, Donkey Kong TF is keeping me pretty busy.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223194-...-razor-r-global-domination-pro-tour-for-wii-u
Renegade Kid to develop Razor Global Domination Pro Tour for Wii U, also coming to xbox one and PS4

The Mutant Mudds guy? So it's an eShop-scoped project, I take it? Perhaps a bit like the old school Tony Hawks, I hope.

jholmes

I never noticed this, but you are right; all the eShop games I bought have French manuals available. Thanks for the heads up.
Makes me wonder if the Canadian eShop has the same requirement,

There was that one 3DS game from a while back that wasn't released in Canada, so perhaps there is.

Weng

BhaM5-hIEAEfiF1.png

MixedBag ( Website / Twitter ) is teasing a Wii U/Vita/PS4 game reveal on friday. They created Futuridium (free on PC/Mac, also on iOS ($1.99) and a deluxe version coming to Vita). I'm curious what it'll be. I'd be happy if it's "only" the deluxe version of Futuridium.

Edit: It could also be forma.8

Renegade (NES) scheduled for American release tomorrow on both Wii U and 3DS' Virtual Consoles.

NOA staff room: "What should we release this week to reward our long suffering, loyal North American customers and keep interest in the service fresh? SMB 3? Maybe an import title? Yeah, we haven't released an import title on Wii U VC yet, maybe we should call Konami and get a Turbografx game lined up....oh, just got an e-mail from management, looks like they want us to release Renegade, never mind."

drbond

Neo Member
I'm rocking this eShop cash from Best Buy.

$140 eShop doll-hairs thus far...DKC was purchased...but I want MOAR.

I need to jump on that Best Buy eShop card sale before Saturday (March 1st).

I really wanted to pick up Trine 2 and Knytt Underground while they are sale for WiiU ($7.99 for each, currently on sale). I seem to remember Trine 2 is on sale till March 13th, but didn't check expiration on Knytt Underground.

Gotta love the Digital Deluxe Promotion! Spend $50 bucks on WiiU downloads (and simply have registered the 32GB black WiiU model), and receive $5 digital bucks to spend on anything eShop (which includes 3DS titles, not just WiiU games). Then just spend another $50 on WiiU titles again, and once again get another $5 credit...and repeat again.
https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

wilflare

hmm I love the BB sale and the DDP promotion as well... but I have my concerns whether to go full digital on WiiU :/

anyone tried Castlestorm on WiiU does it make any special use of the Gamepad?

deciding between WiiU or Vita/PS3 version

steveovig

Is Renegade any good? From pics, it doesn't look too bad. Still, it probably won't sell for shit and you'd think they'd release another game of equal value along side it.

sörine

Banned
Is Renegade any good? From pics, it doesn't look too bad. Still, it probably won't sell for shit and you'd think they'd release another game of equal value along side it.
It's the precursor to the Kunio/River City games. Not great really, you're better off buying RCR or Double Dragon.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, this is getting silly.

On the 24th, a few new sales appeared on the 3DS eShop. One of those was Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker, "Now $7.99 - was $9.99 - sale through 03/24."

This is odd as the game was released in January of 2013 for $4.99.

That's right -- the price was raised for a sale, and will raise again AFTER the "sale."

A similar thing happened before with a few other games, but those always seemed to be more increased prices displayed by a system not designed to highlight price increases. The Cocoto thing seems designed to trick folks.

Games that have increased in price after faux sales:

• Snow Moto Racing 3D by Zordix AB - raised from $5.99 to $7.99 on 2014-01-09.
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D by Zordix AB - raised from $5.99 to $7.99 on 2014-01-23.
  • Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker by Bigben Interactive - raised from $4.99 to $7.99 on 2014-02-24, scheduled to rise again to $9.99 on 2014-03-24.
  • American Mensa Academy by Maximum Games - raised from $3.99 to $4.99 on 2013-12-12.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Okay, this is getting silly.

On the 24th, a few new sales appeared on the 3DS eShop. One of those was Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker, "Now $7.99 - was $9.99 - sale through 03/24."

This is odd as the game was released in January of 2013 for $4.99.

That's right -- the price was raised for a sale, and will raise again AFTER the "sale."

[/LIST]

That's shameful. At first glance they all seem awful shovelware, so at least there's that :p

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yeah, but where are they all coming from (ports? original games)? When will they finally be released? Why ratings every week? It's really intriguing.

They are also on iOS and Vita at the very least. I don't know where they released first.
I'd guess they sent them all at once and PEGI is now getting the ratings out one after another.
As for the release dates, who knows, all I can see on Nintendo's website is that one of them was released in December and one in August.

Take a look at the North American release schedule:

Code:
10.05.12 Sudoku
31.05.12 Kakuro
21.06.12 Slitherlink
05.07.12 Akari
19.07.12 Masyu
06.09.12 Heyawake
27.09.12 Hitori
11.10.12 Nurikabe

So, they released all of them within 5 months. Obviously they can't do the same in Europe, but I'd expect most of them to release within the next three months.

Just had a tiny 3DS system update. I'm assuming it's just for minor maintenance?
General rule of thumb with Nintendo is whole numbers are big changes (e.g. Wii 3.0 bought the clock and 4.0 bought the SD card channel) anything after that is minor bugs or security (e.g. the initial 6.0 firmware occasionally did not power down properly as in the screen would go dark but the power light stayed on).

rjc571

Banned
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - FEB. 27, 2014

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy – The Professor Layton series couples brilliant puzzle games with a fascinating story to create a riveting formula that has provided great entertainment for mystery fans and puzzle-solving gurus alike. In Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, journey across the globe aboard the airship Bostonius while solving mind-bending brainteasers themed to their environments. Can you help Professor Layton and his assistants solve the greatest puzzle mankind has ever faced and uncover the mystery surrounding the ancient Azran civilization? Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy launches in stores and the Nintendo eShop on Feb. 28.

Virtual Console on Wii U
Renegade – Battle your way through subways, parks, alleyways and parking lots in this NES brawler. Use your arsenal of kicks, punches (including the infamous sit-on punch) and jump kicks, as well as a variety of throws to knock your opponents into submission. Take the law into your own hands!

Nintendo eShop Sale
Knytt Underground™ – Step into the extraordinary world of Knytt Underground, the latest iteration in the legendary Knytt series. Knytt Underground is a unique platform adventure experience, delivering zen-like game play, vibrant environments and dynamic characters. Now through March 3, get Knytt Underground for 50 percent off exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Also new this week:
• Renegade (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Tappingo (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• My Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

To view this week’s Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadAbrs8whe.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.​

Buy Tappingo people!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might just get Tappingo since I'm starting to enjoy the more "pick-up-&-play" style games/puzzles due to my time spend between college & online work. Seems like a good game & the trailer did a decent job of explaining how it works, though wouldn't mind some impressions once it's out.

& for those wondering, Knytt Underground's sale price is $6.99.

ohNOitsRO

Well thank based Nintendo god that MY FARM came out today..

With that kind of quality content, I can cancel my plans of rioting for a better eShop

-_-

zroid

Banned
I'm interested in Tappingo but I'm probably gonna wait for NintendoLife's review, just because I'm not familiar with the dev and CIRCLE Ent always makes me antsy. My only concern going in is whether the puzzle design will keep a high standard and live up to the premise.

edit: well, on that note, here are a couple reviews which have already been posted by unknown sites:
http://nintendocharged.com/2014/02/27/review-tappingo-3ds-eshop/
9/10
http://www.minifortress.com/2014/02/tappingo-review/
9/10

Oh, and yup, Nintendo really did put it here :

LOL

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Lots of new communities for 3DS games in Europe (yup, SKB got one, but you can't post pics in there) :
I...feel as though I'm not surprised by this, considering I'm sure they knew what most of the pictures would be....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
And Yumi's Odd Odyssey slips another month past its original release date. Next week then I guess...
Dang, that's right. At the very least, Natsume posted screenshots of it last week on their facebook, not to mention yesterday the header image was changed to show the logo of the game.

They also said "end of Feb. or early March", so guess next week or so.

oatmeal

Banned
Silly me. I actually thought that there may be a sale on splinter cell since EU got one.

Fuck you Nintendo. You are bad at your jobs.

Weetrick

I'm in for Tappingo, since I love puzzle games like Picross and Pushmo.

Edit: It's not on eShop yet. When do they update it?

Edit2: Looks like 9AM Pacific.

Glass Joe

Lol at no Mario Bros. 3.

I wouldn't expect SMB3 a week after Tropical Freeze, or competing against a 3rd party game like Renegade. However, the fact that it's been listed in the eShop and nintendo.com hup pages for ages does make me wonder if they meant to have it out a while ago and forgot to flip the switch.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Knytt Underground (Ripstone | $6.50 until 03/03, then €12.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Evofish (Moving Player | €3.99 | £3.59)

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Wario's Woods (Nintendo | NES *US Version* | €4.99 | £3.49)

Wii U | Sales

• Knytt Underground (Ripstone | €4.49 | £3.99 until 03/06, then €8.99 | £7.99)
  • Darksiders II (Nordic Games | €39.99 | £31.99 until 03/13, then €49.99 | £39.99)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft | €29.99 | £19.99 Permanent, was €44.99 | £36.99)
  • Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft | €19.99 | £14.99 Permanent, was €39.99 | £29.99)

• AeternoBlade (Corecell | €14.99 | £13.50)
  • The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths (Ynnis Interactive | €14.99 | £13.49)

• Senran Kagura Burst (Marvelous AQL | €34.55 | £29.99)
  • Jewel Quest Mysteries 3 - The Seventh Gate (MSL | €11.99 | £10.79)
  • Bibi & Tina - Das Spiel zum Kinofilm (Kiddix | *Germany Only* | €39.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Konami | €22.49 | £19.99 until 03/06, then €44.99 | £39.99)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Richie

Seriously where the FUCK is SMB3? It's almost like NOA has forgotten they haven't released it yet. Or they're intentionally trolling their fans. It's bizarre.

Logic dictates that it'll be released before April 25th, as the game's featured in NES Remix 2.

Then again, Nintendo.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the Bergsala countries eShops are dead.
iDsrorv.png

Not surprised though, good thing it's also physical.

Top Bottom