• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What would be the point since MH3 Ultimate is the exact same thing except better on every level?
I don't play MH, so I'm not too familiar with how different each game is. I was just going down the list of their US games.

Oh right, they also did that Spyborgs game.

TheMoon

What would be the point since MH3 Ultimate is the exact same thing except better on every level?

I don't play MH, so I'm not too familiar with how different each game is. I was just going down the list of their US games.

Oh right, they also did that Spyborgs game.

plus the fact that Wii online is dead which would make MH Tri quite ...well ...why bother? :D

maxcriden

Just came across a bizarre review of ZaCiSa on Miiverse:

After 10 minutes of playing this game, here's my review and scores.
Nice use of Trilinear Mid Map Interpolation, Graphics: Maxcriden/Neogaf
Uses musical notes, Sound: Terrisus/Neogaf
Unfortunately needs the use of my brain to play, Gameplay: Team Top Hat/Neogaf
While playing this game, I kept thinking aout Neogaf, so overall score: Robin64/Neogaf.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhnbBT1hw

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some people REALLY enjoy the Wii Remote and Nunchuck control scheme in Tri. Plus it had the superior lobby system.

maxcriden

We've got FreezeMe coming tomorrow in NA. Really eager to play that one. The Steam community reviews gave me hopeful.

The idea that Team Top Hat jokes have gone from the thread to being immortalized on Miiverse is really something.

All I can say is that it wasn't my doing, but I wish it was. The use of the letter M makes me think this was Max all along under some sort of false flag.

I stopped coming in this thread for a while because of TTH.

GulAtiCa

Team Top Hat also had many alts... PixalCat, some others. Last one (that I know of) got banned back during Oct 2015. Surprised I haven't seen any alts pop up lately.

I can promise all of you, on Metroid's grave, I'm not Team Top Hat.

On topic, can you play Wii DL games with Wii U Pro Controllers?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Team Top Hat also had many alts... PixalCat, some others. Last one (that I know of) got banned back during Oct 2015. Surprised I haven't seen any alts pop up lately.

Wonder if he had more GAF alts or Club Nintendo accounts

Pokemaniac

The only extra controller support they have over the original releases is that you can use the GamePad if the game originally supported the Classic Controller (barring weird exceptions like RE4 in Europe, which required a Nunchuk to be plugged in to get past the title screen).

The only extra controller support they have over the original releases is that you can use the GamePad if the game originally supported the Classic Controller (barring weird exceptions like RE4 in Europe, which required a Nunchuk to be plugged in to get past the title screen).

Thanks, friend! Can always count on Pokemaniac.

Kodaman

Just received a notification on my Wii U informing that Wii Street U service ends 3/31/2016.

End of an era... lol.. it was a nice app :/

Etria

Not sure if this is the right place to ask since I don't want to bump the Club Nintendo thread from last year, but I just realised (very belatedly) that Nintendo of Australia never sent me one of the rewards (Super Mario Matching Card game) I claimed back in September, and I was wondering if anyone else had that same issue?

I called them up and the rep blatantly tells me that they can't verify it because it was a few months back (fair enough), and that they don't have any more stock left even if they could (which is also understandable). What I can't do is log onto my Club Nintendo account because it has shut down, so there's no proof apart from an email that I placed the order ages ago.

What frustrates me is that it slipped my mind because of the 4 week period of time that you're meant to wait before you call if your order does not show up in the post, and after all this time, I guess it's a foregone conclusion that it has gone missing in the post.

Anyways, just wondering if any others have had a similar issue like this, and whether there was any way you resolved it. Hope I didn't derail the thread with all the awesome Nintendo releases coming out this month!

zroid

Banned
Just received a notification on my Wii U informing that Wii Street U service ends 3/31/2016.

End of an era... lol.. it was a nice app :/

Sometimes when I was traveling somewhere I'd scope out some spots on Wii Street U beforehand, haha

Never really used it much but it was cool. Sucks for people who paid for it, though I imagine there weren't many.

L~A

We won't (I'd love to be wrong).

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS DLC – Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series and Corrin from the Fire Emblem Fates games are now available for download in the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games. Prices are $5.99 for each character in one game version, or $6.99 for each character in both game versions. In addition, new costumes, bundles and a new stage are now available for purchase in both versions.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Shütshimi – Shütshimi, a shoot-‘em-up game starring a muscle-bound fish with memory problems, is available now on the Wii U console. This family-friendly game features a chaotic four-player local co-op mode and off-TV game play.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition – The enhanced Wii console version of one of the most celebrated action games ever made is heading to the Wii U console! Leon S. Kennedy is a U.S. agent with a top-secret mission: to rescue the president's daughter, who has been kidnapped by a mysterious organization. Explore a town that is overrun by monstrous beings. Use the Wii Remote controller to aim, fire, slash and elude enemies. Also play as Ada Wong in “Separate Ways,” a prelude to the events of Resident Evil 4.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Typoman is 15 percent off (reduced from $13.99 to $11.89) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
Baila Latino is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $29.90 to $12.90) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 29.
Trine 2: Director’s Cut and Trine Enchanted Edition are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March. 3.
Ascent of Kings is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) from Feb. 5 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 15.
Color Zen, Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade and more games from Cypronia are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 29.
KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 13.
Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
Super Destronaut is 20 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 11.

Activities:

You Have a New Client Waiting! Maddie is looking for a home designer in the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game for the Nintendo 3DS system. Fulfilling Maddie’s request will net you new items for your catalog. This pup is a big fan of office supplies, so help her stay organized with a Notebook Bed or Eraser Sofa. Maddie is available for a limited time via the SpotPass feature, so check the in-game Nintendo 3DS system on the second floor of Nook’s Homes to meet her and take her on as a client.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX “Letter Set”

Also new this week:

Alphadia (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
FreezeMe (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Peg Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Typoman – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

maxcriden

The idea that Team Top Hat jokes have gone from the thread to being immortalized on Miiverse is really something.

All I can say is that it wasn't my doing, but I wish it was. The use of the letter M makes me think this was Max all along under some sort of false flag.

It really wasn't. My Mii is a girl. My wife and I share one Miiverse account under jenmax326. But, I also have a male Mii I used for Wii Fit U.

I can confirm this poster is not TTH. Because I've actually personally sent him Metroid games and I know TTH's real name and they are not the same person.

We won't (I'd love to be wrong).

NA:

I'm surprised FreezeMe isn't a featured release. It's like a new miniature Mario 64 AFAIK. Steam reviews are very promising also.

Javier

I like to think that NoA waited until TTH got banned from GAF before they started releasing the good VC stuff.

GulAtiCa

Any idea what the Winter Warm-up theme will be this week? How long is this supposed to go, anyways?

Pretty sure last week was the last of those sales. My magic 8-ball says you won't have to wait too long before the next group of interesting sales.

zroid

Banned
mallow-crying-super-m9qr5o.gif

Tizoc

You know what GBA game needs to release on the Wii U VC?
43931_front.jpg

I remember this being a good single player action game with some nice replayability.
Non JP versions had the blood colored as white though XP

donny2112

So, Mother 3 released on April 20, 2006. Maybe a Nintendo Direct planned for mid-April to go over Star Fox (close to launch) and Mother 3's announcment, then? We'd probably have a Nintendo Direct between now and then, as well, too (I hope).

Pretty sure last week was the last of those sales.

Yep. Page says

Warm up your New Year with three weeks of savings on Nintendo eShop! You'll get up to 30% off select games in a new genre each week, including action, platforming, and adventure.

(-_-)

My magic 8-ball says you won't have to wait too long before the next group of interesting sales.

(^o^)

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo)
    Bayonetta + Umbra Clock Tower Stage ($5.99 or $6.99 Both versions)
    Corrin ($4.99 or $5.99 Both versions)
    Bionic Helmet + Bionic Armour ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Takamaru Wig + Takamaru's Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Ashley Wig + Ashley's Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Gil's Helmet + Gil's Armour ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Tails Hat + Tails Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Knuckles Hat + Knuckles Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Collection #6 ($15.48 or €19.88 Both versions)
    Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #6 ($4.50 or $6.90 Both versions)
    Bumper Fighter Bundle ($34.93 or $41.93 Both versions)
    Stage Bundle ($10.45 or $14.45 Both versions)

• Typoman (Headup Games | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 13.
  • Ascent of Kings is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) from Feb. 5 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 15.
  • Typoman is 15 percent off (reduced from $13.99 to $11.89) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
  • Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
  • Super Destronaut is 20 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
  • Baila Latino is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $29.90 to $12.90) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 29.
  • Trine 2: Director’s Cut and Trine Enchanted Edition are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March. 3.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
    Bayonetta + Umbra Clock Tower Stage ($5.99 or $6.99 Both versions)
    Corrin ($4.99 or $5.99 Both versions)
    Bionic Helmet + Bionic Armour ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Takamaru Wig + Takamaru's Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Ashley Wig + Ashley's Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Gil's Helmet + Gil's Armour ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Tails Hat + Tails Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Knuckles Hat + Knuckles Outfit ($0.75 or $1.15 Both versions)
    Collection #6 ($15.48 or €19.88 Both versions)
    Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #6 ($4.50 or $6.90 Both versions)
    Bumper Fighter Bundle ($34.93 or $41.93 Both versions)
    Stage Bundle ($8.46 or $14.45 Both versions)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 11.

vYU92.png

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo)
    Bayonetta + Umbra Clock Tower Stage (€5.99 | £5.39 or €6.99 | £6.29 Both versions)
    Corrin (€4.99 | £4.49 or €5.99 | £5.39 Both versions)
    Bionic Helmet + Bionic Armour (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Takamaru Wig + Takamaru's Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Ashley Wig + Ashley's Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Gil's Helmet + Gil's Armour (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Tails Hat + Tails Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Knuckles Hat + Knuckles Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Collection #6 (€15.72 | £14.02 or €20.12 | £18.22 Both versions)
    Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #6 (€4.74 | £4.14 or €7.14 | £6.54 Both versions)
    Bumper Fighter Bundle (€34.93 | £31.43 or €41.93 | £37.73 Both versions)
    Stage Bundle (€10.45 | £9.45 or €14.45 | £13.04 Both versions)

• ZaciSa: Defence of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions | Demo)
  • Typoman (Headup Games | Demo)

Wii U | Sales

• Typoman (Headup Games) - €11.89/£8.49 (Ends February 18, normally €13.99/£9.99)
  • Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €39.99/£34.99)
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €39.99/£34.99)
  • The Penguins of Madagascar (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €39.99/£34.99)

• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
    Bayonetta + Umbra Clock Tower Stage (€5.99 | £5.39 or €6.99 | £6.29 Both versions)
    Corrin (€4.99 | £4.49 or €5.99 | £5.39 Both versions)
    Bionic Helmet + Bionic Armour (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Takamaru Wig + Takamaru's Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Ashley Wig + Ashley's Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Gil's Helmet + Gil's Armour (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Tails Hat + Tails Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Knuckles Hat + Knuckles Outfit (€0.79 | £0.69 or €1.19 | £1.09 Both versions)
    Collection #6 (€15.72 | £14.02 or €20.12 | £18.22 Both versions)
    Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #6 (€4.74 | £4.14 or €7.14 | £6.54 Both versions)
    Bumper Fighter Bundle (€34.93 | £31.43 or €41.93 | £37.73 Both versions)
    Stage Bundle (€8.46 | £7.66 or €14.45 | £13.04 Both versions)

• The Magic Hammer (Woobly Tooth | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends February 11, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Heart Beaten (Springloaded) - €2.33/£2.00 (€1.09/£1.00 if you own Space Lift Danger Panic. Offer ends February 12. Normal price €3.49/£2.99.)
  • Space Lift Danger Panic! (Springloaded) - €1.65/£1.29 (€0.80/£0.65 if you own Heart Beaten. Offer ends February 12. Normal price €2.49/£1.99.)
  • The Magic Hammer (Wobbly Tooth) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends February 12, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)
  • The Penguins of Madagascar (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)
  • Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)
  • Violetta: Rhythm and Music (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)
  • Winx Cub: Saving Alfea (Little Orbit) - €9.99/£6.99 (Permanent, was €29.99/£24.99)

uxwGK.png

daydream

Banned
holy moly at mother 3 potentially finally happening

though not entirely unexpected considering the release of beginnings and iwata's passing

Tizoc

Holy shit Konami Krazy Racers.
NX better let me have multiple region accounts so I can indulge in all dat classic Konami goodness+more.

Ondore

I think Japan is the last place to get it, actually. North America got it US Thanksgiving week.

Return to Popolocrois just got dated by XSEED: March 1.

TheMoon

But EU accounts mean 50 Hz classics :(

What are you smoking. No they do not. Especially not for handheld games where there never was such a thing as 50Hz since 50Hz only ever was a thing for televisions using the PAL standard which obviously has no bearing on handheld devices. Also, almost all console games on Wii U VC are 60Hz US versions. The list of exceptions is very short.

foltzie1

You know what GBA game needs to release on the Wii U VC?
43931_front.jpg

I remember this being a good single player action game with some nice replayability.
Non JP versions had the blood colored as white though XP

A SNK would be wonderful, it might indicate that SNK-Playmore was getting on board with supporting the future incarnations of the VC.

Tizoc

SNK should consider porting their NG Pocket library to 3DS or the NX handheld system.

What are you smoking. No they do not. Especially not for handheld games where there never was such a thing as 50Hz since 50Hz only ever was a thing for televisions using the PAL standard which obviously has no bearing on handheld devices. Also, almost all console games on Wii U VC are 60Hz US versions. The list of exceptions is very short.

Eh after having both an EU and US PSN accounts, Im just gonna go with a US account.

Top Bottom