• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did I just hear Wii downloadable games on Wii U eShop!? Super Mario Galaxy 2, Punch-Out, & Metroid Prime Trilogy!

Edit: SMG2 available this afternoon, Punch-Out next week, & MP Trilogy on the 28th, and each game will be 1/2 off for a week at release!!

Edit 2: THERE, AMERICA HAS A CROSS-BUY TITLE FOR WII U & 3DS. Mario Vs. DK: Tipping Stars.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hopefully the prices for the Wii games are fair. If Punch-Out is normally about $20 (or $10 for the first week), then I'm content considering it can still cost around $30 or more at retail.

maxcriden

Hopefully the prices for the Wii games are fair. If Punch-Out is normally about $20 (or $10 for the first week), then I'm content considering it can still cost around $30 or more at retail.

I was thinking the same. If it's like $50 and $25 for the first week, that feels a bit silly. Hopefully not.

If going by NOE prices it should be $10 for first week pricing.

Take back what I said about NOA improvement. new 3DS is only in XL format and it doesn't even come with an AC Adapter...wow..One step forward, two steps back

maxcriden

If going by NOE prices it should be $10 for first week pricing.

Take back what I said about NOA improvement. new 3DS is only in XL format and it doesn't even come with an AC Adapter...wow..One step forward, two steps back

4 minutes left in the Direct. I hope we're getting an MM3D date. Otherwise I've been most pleased by MVDK and Splatoon. Was hoping for YWW and Mario Maker so I suppose those are coming a bit later in the year than originally announced (H1 for both originally I believe).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EU gets DKC Returns instead of Punch-Out. Here's their prices/deal:

B7UO97IIEAARpxU.jpg

maxcriden

No Yoshi news was my biggest disappointment. I was surprised to not see any of Mario Maker, either. I suppose both of those will be Summer/Fall releases now. I was pleased with Mario vs. DK and Splatoon, and the MM 3D confirmation for 2/13/14. Happy about Kirby RC coming in 2/14 still, even with the week delay. I was happy about Wii games coming to the Wii U eShop as an idea, although I don't know that there are any I'd be picking up. I like it as an idea, though. Most of the rest of the ND was focused on RPGs and Match-3 puzzlers, not really my thing. Ah well. Happy with what I did get, and psyched for more Mario Maker, YWW and Zelda info later in the year. Oh, and Elliott Quest looks rad!

Bet Team Top Hat'll complain it's not in the US, even if it's only for Mario vs DK.

What was the extra media event that Nintendo mentioned?

Cross buy is in the US for MVDK. :)

The event is probably N3DS hands-on for press.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If Punch-Out is $10 (sale price), I'm totally on board. Not to mention I look forward to seeing how cheap MP Trilogy will be considering how expensive retail copies can be.

Guessing SMG2 will be up at the normal Noon EST time.

B7UY-uiCIAEgtgi.png

Welp!

If Punch-Out is $10 (sale price), I'm totally on board. Not to mention I look forward to seeing how cheap MP Trilogy will be considering how expensive retail copies can be.

B7UY-uiCIAEgtgi.png

Welp!

Those prices are absolutely perfect. They deserve praise for that.

BooJoh

So I was dead set on the smaller N3DS but with it not coming (screw you, NOA, seriously, screw. you.) I'm going with the MH4 bundle. Can anyone 6tell me how preinstalled software affects the system transfer process? Will MH4 just be added to my NNID/CN account upon system transfer?

B7UY-uiCIAEgtgi.png

Welp!

I'm still a bit irked that I can't simply put in the discs I bought one console generation ago and have the same functionality.

zroid

Banned
There aren't that many Wii games I want which I don't already own...

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is one for sure

donny2112

Can anyone 6tell me how preinstalled software affects the system transfer process? Will MH4 just be added to my NNID/CN account upon system transfer?

You're going to want to transfer your stuff to the new system before playing the game. Yes, MH4 will just be added to your NNID on transfer, and can be redownloaded from the 3DS eShop after transfer. Any saves on it would've been lost in the transfer, which is why you want to transfer before playing the game. :)

Don't know about it showing up on CN, though. Probably will not get coins for it, in any case.

Edit:
There aren't that many Wii games I want which I don't already own...

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is one for sure

I own Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Would rebuy. It's playable with the GameCube controller, so more Off-TV FE play! :D

BooJoh

You're going to want to transfer your stuff to the new system before playing the game. Yes, MH4 will just be added to your NNID on transfer, and can be redownloaded from the 3DS eShop after transfer. Any saves on it would've been lost in the transfer, which is why you want to transfer before playing the game. :)

Don't know about it showing up on CN, though. Probably will not get coins for it, in any case.
Thanks. Sound like the only difference will be having to wait until after my transfer to download MH4 and then it'll be paid in full already.

wilflare

I was pretty hyped by the Wii on WiiU eShop announcement
the n3DS bullshit they announced later totally killed my excitement though

CROSSBUY just announced for Mario vs. DK. TTH is going to be so happy!!
Question (as I don't want to watch the US direct): Is it really crossbuy or is it like what we received in Europe in that you buy one version and get given a download code for the other (which I was really confused about but happy because I can't participate in these otherwise).

Getting given the code means you don't need an NNID linked to both devices and can actually choose to give the other system download code away to a friend.

I'm still unsure about the game as I am finding Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the move a bit disappointing. Then again it going back to the lemmings formula rather than Pipe Dream in tiny grids (seriously I recall the GB pipe dream having larger levels possible, although that was more an empty grid and endless, no piece deletion either) might work in its favor here.

Question (as I don't want to watch the US direct): Is it really crossbuy or is it like what we received in Europe in that you buy one version and get given a download code for the other (which I was really confused about but happy because I can't participate in these otherwise).

Getting given the code means you don't need an NNID linked to both devices and can actually choose to give the other system download code away to a friend.

I'm still unsure about the game as I am finding Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the move a bit disappointing. Then again it going back to the lemmings formula rather than Pipe Dream in tiny grids (seriously I recall the GB pipe dream having larger levels possible, although that was more an empty grid and endless, no piece deletion either) might work in its favor here.

It's cross buy in name only; but not fluid like NOE. So it shows to me that NOA still has issues.

NOA process:
1. Buy MvD receive code to enter on the other system
2. Enter code to download

Essentially it is the same thing, but NOA's process isn't the same; due to "reasons".

BooJoh

Yes. It's literally the same game in a Wii U wrapper. Any Wii game coming out on Wii U needs the exact same controller. GamePad and Pro controller act as a Classic Controller.

This prettty much makes it pointless to buy any of these games if you already have the disc, unless they support CC. I already have SMG2 so I'll pass on that, but I've been wanting Punch-Out and it's like $50+ used even for the selects version, so $10 is a great deal for that.

They specifically said in the NOA Direct that you'll get a code for the other version upon purchasing.

GWX

Whoa, sale! Canada prices:

Super Mario 3D World - $44.99
Yoshi's Island (GBA) - $5.99
Pushmo World - $7.99

Yoshi's New Island and original Pushmo also on sale on the 3DS side, can't check prices right now.

SMG 2, btw, is $10.99.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wii U Gamepad informed me of the Wii downloadable games. SMG2 is now up & indeed $10 for a week. I also see Pushmo World for $7.49, which is normally $9.99. Pushmo on 3DS is $3.49, which I want to say is 1/2 off.

Wii U Gamepad informed me of the Wii downloadable games. SMG2 is now up & indeed $10 for a week. I also see Pushmo World for $7.49, which is normally $9.99. Pushmo on 3DS is $3.49, which I want to say is 1/2 off.

That's great! Any other NOA sales? Specifically VC or Retail DD?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's great! Any other NOA sales? Specifically VC or Retail DD?
I THINK Super Mario 3D World is on sale. I see it listed for $44.99.

Also, for anyone that cares, SMG2 requires 1,628.8 MB to download.

I think there's going to be other stuff on sale next week & so, as they're calling it a "Throwback Sale" as they "pair classic games from past systems with their newer siblings from Wii U". I guess that'd explain Yoshi's New Island on sale for $29.99 ($10 off) & Yoshi's Island: SMA3 is listed as $5.99 ($2 off).

So I'm guessing next week with Punch-Out on Wii, the NES and maybe SNES games will be discounted then the week after, Metroid and maybe Super Metroid will be on sale to go with Prime Trilogy.

GWX

I THINK Super Mario 3D World is on sale. I see it listed for $44.99.

Also, for anyone that cares, SMG2 requires 1,628.8 MB to download.

I think there's going to be other stuff on sale next week & so, as they're calling it a "Throwback Sale" as they "pair classic games from past systems with their newer siblings from Wii U". I guess that'd explain Yoshi's New Island on sale for $29.99 ($10 off) & Yoshi's Island: SMA3 is listed as $5.99 ($2 off).

So I'm guessing next week with Punch-Out on Wii, the NES and maybe SNES games will be discounted then the week after, Metroid and maybe Super Metroid will be on sale to go with Prime Trilogy.

And who knows, maybe even Zero Mission!

/s

BooJoh

Just bought SMG2. Looks like "patch in pro controller support" will join my club nintendo demands.

I don't recall how much the pointer is used but the eShop page and people here have already stated that only games with CC support can use the gamepad or pro controller. I don't know how significant the work would be to enable CC support to a game that never had it.

Top Bottom