• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

maxcriden

You mean this?

7YD4tHo.jpg

Not sure if same artist, though.

Oddly, not that, but similar. I think. Thank you though! I'll try to find it.

A new Atlus games sale is live in NA. Every game is $15 for a week.

[3DS] Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $29.99)

As a European: :((((
I'd buy half of those. The situation with Atlus games over here is so depressing.

sörine

Banned

[3DS] Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $14.99 thru 1/19 (was $29.99)
Already own all of those. Except the gross one.

I really need to stop paying full price for Atlus games. I probably won't be able to help myself with EMD though.

Make it $10 Atlus and I will buy it. Continuing to put the same games up for the same price isn't going to do anything for me. Although Conception II and SMT IV are $15 now, but I already own SMT IV and Conception is a no-go.

Edit: Woah woah WOAH.
Gotta get me some of that.
Hold on to your unmentionables, there's even a fan translation patch!

I bought Demon's Crest but haven't played it yet. Does the story tie into the first two GQ games or is it its own separate thing?
It's own separate thing. Story isn't important in the series at all and the only connection I remember right now is that the main character is called Firebrand, any other reference would be super obscure and irrelevant enough that I don't remember it. You should still give the previous two games a chance, they're fantastic.

Well it's because people kept waiting for sales that we likely won't get any of the other Sonic's or anything else.
The games were only £4.49 (and Sonic was even cheaper) which is an absolute bargain for what are the best versions of any of these games anywhere.
The work M2 put into these titles was staggering and it's tragic they didn't sell well at all, especially considering the low prices.
Ironically, I can't help but think that they would have sold loads more by releasing them at twice the price and then knocking half off periodically as a sale. That's what Atlus does and it probably works much better than a permanent rebate that doesn't get people saying "Ooh, it's on sale, gotta act fast!" I don't like what iOS and Steam have done to people, they don't buy anything if it's not on sale no matter the price, and everything should be cheaper no matter the value. And I'm saying this as a dirt ass poor unemployed man living on a stinky island with no future.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Breath of Fire 1 has been announced for the Wii u virtual console, and was released in Europe and Japan already.

Oh that's good news (if you meant announced for NA). I have the carts for BOF 1 & 2 but never finished either (I did finish 3, 4 and dragon quarter, 3 being my favorite of the series). Would be nice to go back and finally play the series' origins since I realize I actually sold my DS Lite and only have an XL and a GBA with a dim screen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, Nintendo Direct on Wed. at 6 AM PT/9 AM ET. Hoping we'll hear about some eShop titles & maybe some VC titles as well....though I'm sure the focus will be on stuff like the New 3DS and retail titles coming out within the next few months (Kirby & the Rainbow Curse, Codename STEAM, etc.).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They were both free, but you had to be close to the end of the game to actually "unlock" the quests.

Thinking of the Direct tomorrow, I wonder if we'll get news of that sticker unlocking game with the rabbit that Japan's had for a month now. Would be awesome if it was available after the Direct was finished.

Chrom

I'm betting on N64 games since they're like the most overdue thing next to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

tebunker

Banned
Sadly N64 would be too big of an announcement that it'll be held back for E3.

I don't think they will wait till E3 for that. It's not that big of an announcement and it will be like the GBA games, essentially the we are doing this and you can buy them this week.

maxcriden

I dunno about those N64 games being announced. Last we heard the next focus up was DS VC and nothing has come of that. I think that'll come first.

Zeeman

I dunno about those N64 games being announced. Last we heard the next focus up was DS VC and nothing has come of that. I think that'll come first.

"N64, GC, Wii, DS, TG16 and Genesis VC available now!"

*DKC games still not released in NA, Team Top Hat drives to Redmond to punch Reggie in the face*

maxcriden

"N64, GC, Wii, DS, TG16 and Genesis VC available now!"

*DKC games still not released in NA, Team Top Hat drives to Redmond to punch Reggie in the face*

I have to think TTH would be so thrilled by the GC games being available that he'd be willing to forgive Reggie for a little while at least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if we got themes confirmed for the Wii U as well....& now I imagined having matching sets for my 3DS & Wii U.

BooJoh

If NOA doesn't mention DKC tomorrow...

Realistically I see no reason for them to announce the DKC VC games in the Direct without an upcoming DKC game, but I suppose they might mention them if there's any time dedicated to the Mario vs. DK Wii U game (which is a good candidate for the type of game to be released quite suddenly with little buildup.)

Or in the unlikely event that Retro has another DKC in the works and they reveal it tomorrow.

Let's hope we don't get the crane/stickers game lest our wallets weep in unison.

Imagine if we got themes confirmed for the Wii U as well....& now I imagined having matching sets for my 3DS & Wii U.

My wallet is not ready, but my body sure is.

TheMoon

Great news! Citizens of Earth gets a launch week discount!

Wii U and 3DS (North America) — Launches Tuesday, Jan. 20
20% discount ($11.99) at launch for one week (through 1/27)

Wii U and 3DS (Europe) — Launches Thursday, Jan. 22
20% discount (€9,59) at launch for one week (through 1/29);
people who own either version can buy the other platform at 40% discount; buy one, get the other for €7,19 for one week only (through 1/29)

via nintendo everything

sörine

Banned
I'm betting on N64 games since they're like the most overdue thing next to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.
Shikamaru Ninja mentioned that one of the core engineers behind N64 on Wii VC had left NST for Amazon recently. I'm worried we'll never see N64 on Wii U VC.

tebunker

Banned

via nintendo everything

In! Well as long as there is nothing broken about it. I support launch discounts more than I do sales at later dates. I prefer them to, support the early adopters and encourage people to not have to wait for sales.

I also just happen to have $13 in Eshop money

TheMoon

sörine;147285950 said:
Shikamaru Ninja mentioned that one of the core engineers behind N64 on Wii VC had left NST for Amazon recently. I'm worried we'll never see N64 on Wii U VC.

I doubt there was only one guy who was able to do that job.^^

Being reasonable on tomorrow. We will get some form of VC news, but I am not putting any hopes up until E3.

With their treatment of VC, why would you not be surprised? If that rumor is true, then I hope M2 does it.

Wii U and 3DS (North America) — Launches Tuesday, Jan. 20
20% discount ($11.99) at launch for one week (through 1/27)

Wii U and 3DS (Europe) — Launches Thursday, Jan. 22
20% discount (€9,59) at launch for one week (through 1/29);
people who own either version can buy the other platform at 40% discount; buy one, get the other for €7,19 for one week only (through 1/29)
via nintendo everything

So good guy NOE getting cross promotion. NOA? LOL

sörine

Banned
No, but given the small amount of N64 releases (21 games over 5 years) I doubt there were too many people working on them. Seems like a significant loss honestly.

I sort of wonder if SPD in Japan might be handling N64 directly this time if it happens? Or maybe it gets farmed out to M2 like GBA/DS?

BooJoh

So good guy NOE getting cross promotion. NOA? LOL

This is one thing I completely agree with you on. Surely NOA has fewer currencies and regions and such to deal with, and it's not like the hardware is different, so what could possibly be so different about the infrastructure that cross promotions are not possible in NA?

Next Week's Japan releases
Wii U
Outer World 20th Anniversary Edition (Beyond interactive) - 800 yen
Wooden Sen'sey(Cosen) - 1000 yen
Break-In (Kaga Create) (PC Engine) - 617 yen
Dragon Buster (Bandai Namco) (Famicom)- 514 yen
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (Konami) (GBA)

Jan 22
Lego Marvel Super Heroes(Warner Bros. Japan) - 5616 yen
Kirby Super Rainbow (Nintendo) -3700 yen

3DS
Outer World 20th Anniversary Edition (Beyond interactive) - 800 yen
Final Fantasy (Square Enix) - 1080 yen

Jan 22
Legend of Legacy (FuRyu) -6458 yen
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Japan) -4536 yen

maxcriden

Going to bed in a few. Hoping for a speedy morning at work so I can get watching the Direct. So psyched. Time for that Kirby puzzle platformer spin-off starring the Animal Friends from Kirby's Dream Land 3!

This is one thing I completely agree with you on. Surely NOA has fewer currencies and regions and such to deal with, and it's not like the hardware is different, so what could possibly be so different about the infrastructure that cross promotions are not possible in NA?

Multiple indies have stated that NOA does not have the technology to do this. Apparently NOE didn't either initially, but they worked and built it. NOA didn't give a damn.

People in this thread defended it. It makes me angry.

Top Bottom