• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2016

Make sure you don't "delete" your NNID. Because "deleting" your NNID ..."deletes" it. Some people don't understand words and then come the tears when they realize "deleting" their NNID "deleted" their NNID. :)

Just format.

Thanks - you just saved me some tears there!

maxcriden

Oh... noooo!!! Thank you :(
Crap, I just noticed... HORRIBLE!

It still could very well happen. We'll know tomorrow at 9 AMish EST.

Yep. Using codes purchased from retailers counts. The only time it doesn't count is when you use a code earned from My Nintendo rewards.

Just want to clarify--when you use a code earned from MyN, you don't get coins. But if you use a discount coupon from MyN, you do.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just downloaded the Star Fox Zero demo, it was a lot of fun! I'm watching the anime now with my kids, they're really into this. Why doesn't Nintendo do more of these??

I'll pick up the game now when it's on sale. The demo was fun!

TheMoon

Nice to see a SNES game.. sad to see no Street Fighter 2/Alpha promotion. :(
Where are you getting this information from?

there's gaf threads for these.

the VC games are always listed the day before on nintendo's site. that's where people are always getting the info from.

there's gaf threads for these.

the VC games are always listed the day before on nintendo's site. that's where people are always getting the info from.

Okay. I thought this was the thread containing all announcements. Got it.
There doesn't seem to be a singular grouping/announcement page for all of the releases for tomorrow, you have to use the site and filter for VC games.

TheMoon

Okay. I thought this was the thread containing all announcements. Got it.
There doesn't seem to be a singular grouping/announcement page for all of the releases for tomorrow, you have to use the site and filter for VC games.

Of course.

NA eShop PR comes out the day of the update (Thursdays) in the (local) morning.

Besides, if you'd scrolled up before posting, you'd have read this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211526484&postcount=405

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Who do I have to talk to to get The Last Story on VC?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

foltzie1

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Kirby: Planet Robobot – Another year older, another year … pinker? What better way to celebrate Kirby’s birthday than with a free demo of his new sci-fi adventure, Kirby: Planet Robobot for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, alongside other great Kirby games.

Wii Retail on Wii U

- Kirby’s Epic Yarn – When Kirby incurs the anger of a sorcerer, he is transported to a world made completely of cloth and yarn. In this Wii classic, guide Kirby through uniquely crafted levels in Patch Land as he takes on a variety of forms and transforming into powerful vehicles. A second player can also aid in the adventure by playing as the adorably named Prince Fluff (additional accessories required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Kirby Mass Attack – Gather a mob of Kirby characters and then lead them through this crazy Game Boy Advance adventure in which nothing can stand in your way. Send Kirbys swarming over enemies, fling them into the air to hit flying floes and even use them to take on challenges of strength. Don’t forget to collect medals hidden throughout various stages to unlock mini-games.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS

- Kirby’s Dream Course – Get ready for one of the most surprising Kirby games imaginable! In this fun Super NES golf game – yes, it’s a Kirby golf game – control the force and angle of your shot and sink Kirby for a hole-in-one. Play through various stages and acquire classic power-ups to get the lowest score possible. (In this game, a low score is a GOOD thing.)

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- Sketch Wars is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 11.
- Steel Lords is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.50) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Runny Egg, Ninja Battle Heroes and more games from Tom Create are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 26.
- Glory of Generals and Samurai Defender are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.
- Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 4.
- Sadame is more than 45 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 25.
- Epic Word Search Collection is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 4.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Shin Megami Tensei IV are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 8.

Also new this week:

- Gotta Protectors (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- 3Souls (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- BLOC (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Dracula’s Legacy (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Vektor Wars (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

GulAtiCa

Gotta Protectors relegated to the "Also New This Week" section. :-\

Sadly basically any indie game that isn't big news is just a footnote.. :(

At least NOE gives all indies full coverage in their PR. Heck, they are pretty happy to help promote you. (ZaciSa EU got a nice banner spot for launch and a few times showed up here and there on front page for sales)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I bought DKC on my N3DS, and I have got to say...It feels like the premier way to play that game. Controls are tight and responsive, visuals are great, AND I can rock this game in my pocket for quick bursts.

On the flip side, I bought Sonic 1 and, while I love the visuals and such, I can't stand being able to spin dash. It just feels out of place. The worst part is, I can't NOT use it because it's a tool at my disposal and I have to take advantage of that fact.

Are any of the other Sonic VC games worth grabbing?

Oh, and has anyone played Sadame? I was reading that it's an ARPG with loot which got me super interested.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Kirby Mass Attack – Gather a mob of Kirby characters and then lead them through this crazy Game Boy Advance adventure in which nothing can stand in your way.

somebody fucked that one up

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I bought DKC on my N3DS, and I have got to say...It feels like the premier way to play that game. Controls are tight and responsive, visuals are great, AND I can rock this game in my pocket for quick bursts.

On the flip side, I bought Sonic 1 and, while I love the visuals and such, I can't stand being able to spin dash. It just feels out of place. The worst part is, I can't NOT use it because it's a tool at my disposal and I have to take advantage of that fact.

Oh, and has anyone played Sadame? I was reading that it's an ARPG with loot which got me super interested.
Can't you disable spin dash from the options menu?

Robin64

The pack with Linkle, the ones that came with the 3DS version

Yeah, the's the Legends Character Pack which went up on June 30th.

$12.99 (US), €11.99 (EU), £10.79 (UK)

Linkle
Skull Kid
Toon Link
Tetra
King Daphnes
Trident weapon for Ganondorf

RedToad64

You can disable the spindash from the main menu, I believe. I can't comment on any of the other Sonic VC games, but 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is an excellent port as well.

somebody fucked that one up
Yeah... and Nintendo usually does a pretty good job with the descriptions. I wonder what happened here.

tolkir

Week 30 finished. Dedicated to my NoA PR friends

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Sketch Wars is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 11.
  • Steel Lords is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.50) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.

New Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Kirby: Planet Robobot (Nintendo | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 4.
  • Epic Word Search Collection is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 4.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Shin Megami Tensei IV are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 8.
  • Glory of Generals and Samurai Defender are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 18.
  • Sadame is more than 45 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 25.
  • Runny Egg, Ninja Battle Heroes and more games from Tom Create are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 26.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• Beatbuddy (Threaks) - €3.99/£3.99 (Ends August 8, normally €8.99/£8.09)
  • Sweetest Thing (Joindots) - €4.89/£3.84 (Ends August 11, normally €6.99/£5.49)
  • Island Flight Simulator (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends August 11, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (ScrewAttack Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 11, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • 99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (August 25, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (August 25, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (August 25, normally €5.99/£5.39)

New Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Heirs of Fate IV: Light’s Sacrifice (€1.99 | £1.79)
    Heirs of Fate V: Endless Dawn (€1.99 | £1.79)
    Heirs of Fate End: Lost in the Waves (€1.99 | £1.79)

• Crazy Construction (Joindots | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (ScrewAttack Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 11, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.75 (Ends August 11, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • 4 Elements (MSL) - €1.00/£1.00 (Ends August 25, normally €11.99/£10.79)
  • Azada (MSL) - €1.00/£1.00 (Ends August 25, normally €11.99/£10.79)
  • Hidden Expedition Titanic (MSL) - €1.00/£1.00 (Ends August 25, normally €11.99/£10.79)
  • Jewel Quest The Sapphire Dragon (MSL) - €1.00/£1.00 (Ends August 25, normally €11.99/£10.79)
  • Luxor (MSL) - €1.00/£1.00 (Ends August 25, normally €11.99/£10.79)
  • Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhearst (MSL) - €1.00/£1.00 (Ends August 25, normally €11.99/£10.79)
  • Secret Mysteries in London (MSL) - €1.00/£1.00 (Ends August 25, normally €11.99/£10.79)
  • More sales

uxwGK.png

• Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins + Training (Nintendo | Demo)
  • Star Fox Guard (Nintendo | Demo)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Gotta Protecotrs looks like fun. Reminds me a bit of a musou in terms of the whole "fighting off hordes and protect your base". I may pick that up. I'll probably grab Kirby's Dream Course too because that game is great. And it's wonderfully convenient that Sadame is on sale after I was literally just looking into it. Guess I'll grab that, too!

Top Bottom