• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2013

Roto13

Ugh, the Mario vs. DK music is terrible. Like, worse than NSMB terrible.

Well I'm going to assume you mean the old ones. :p Because the new one sounds pretty good but the music and sound effects in the other games are remarkably bad. The sound effects, especially, sound like something that would come free with Baby's First Video Editing Software.

I will agree with him in the sense that the previous MvsDK games had great soundtracks, well mostly Miniland Mayhem did, and I've caught myself totally tuning out the music in this one, other than the catchy but slightly grating jingle that plays when your minis have a clear path to the exit. Other than that song, I can't remember the music at all, and I've played 40 levels today.

I wish there was a way I could share my Mario and Donkey Kong level here through a QR code or something like Pushmo instead of needing to be friends with everyone. Other than that, the level editor is pretty cool. If anyone reads this and has me on their 3DS, go check out my level! It's called Tough Time.

EDIT: Hmm, I'm noticing the levels show an ID number in the bottom right of the top screen. There doesn't seem to be any way to use them though from what I can tell..

I just tried your level but since I just started the game really, I failed hard haha

BooJoh

So how does level sharing work in M&DL? QR codes?

You can download levels from four categories: Top Weekly, Random, Popular (all time), and Friends. You can see the creator's username, level name, level ID (not searchable by ID) and popularity on a scale of 0-3.

I haven't created any yet myself but I assume it's just a matter of create -> save -> publish.

QR support probably could have worked, but it's not there.

zroid

Banned
You can download levels from four categories: Top Weekly, Random, Popular (all time), and Friends. You can see the creator's username, level name, level ID (not searchable by ID) and popularity on a scale of 0-3.

I haven't created any yet myself but I assume it's just a matter of create -> save -> publish.

QR support probably could have worked, but it's not there.

Sounds good! Friend support seems like it'd be a great inclusion. I definitely need to pick this up soon.

Actually I just checked out some youtube videos to refresh my memory, and the MvsDK music isn't that great lol I think I just loved the music from SMB2USA so much that my memory is clouded. I heard that there's a fair bit of Mario 2 music in this new one too :)

Ugh, the Mario vs. DK music is terrible. Like, worse than NSMB terrible.
The music in every MVSDK game is awesome. Why do you have such bad tastes?

Anywayz: I recorded almost 15 minutes of footage (actually more but I cut some filler out, which kinda makes it look like a jumbled mess but whatever) of Mario & DK. For anyone's who on the fence on getting it that check out me playing some of its modes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZfXSnS9FDw

I love it. Well worth the $10. Its already too hard for me since I suck at puzzle games but that hasn't stopped me from playing over two hours of it. The only parts that I hate is that you can't change the background/music in the editor and no multiple toys in the editor. Wtf? Unless I've just totally missed them.

If anyone wants to share levels my fc is 3351-4051-6189 I plan on having levels that go from World 1-1 to 8-4 in the coming weeks that get more difficult. I got world 1-1 to 1-4 up already and they are extremely easy :lol

I just tried your level but since I just started the game really, I failed hard haha

Oops. I admit it is a bit difficult, it took me a few tries when testing it to succeed. I just put up another one though, it's a bit easier as long as you understand the mechanics I think.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone else really love the 3D backgrounds with the curvature of the horizon?

Dat is da shit I want in my next 3D Mario.

Although densely filled with platformy bits.

Screaming into the microphone isn't necessary.

Yeah that kinda came out wrong. The other Let's Play videos I have recorded didn't have that audio problem...I don't think I was screaming I think it sounded low when I was editing it and I manually upped the volume. Whoops. As always I will try to get things like that better in the future.
Anyone else really love the 3D backgrounds with the curvature of the horizon?

Dat is da shit I want in my next 3D Mario.

Although densely filled with platformy bits.
i assume your talking about Mario & DK? yeah, I like it too. Really cool.

serplux

Looks like Road Redemption and C-Wars are going to hit their Wii U goals.

C-Wars:

ed6cf36b50ef1fb005ddc1165e29b291_large.jpg

Road Redemption:

6b155b7888199ae544f2ddbb75457b68_large.png

I just checked out the eShop in the Wii Menu on my Wii U, and noticed I had 700 points left.

I also noticed I couldn't buy points in denominations lower than 1000 pts. wtf

@MUWANdo

Banned
I just checked out the eShop in the Wii Menu on my Wii U, and noticed I had 700 points left.

I also noticed I couldn't buy points in denominations lower than 1000 pts. wtf

700 Points will buy you a NES/C64/Master System/TG16 game, or some Mega Man 9/10 DLC, but not much else.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo just refunded me the 150 coins I spent on Super Metroid because it's coming to the Wii U for 30 cents soon.

I'm looking forward to C-Wars but the footage left me a bit worried. I'm not sure it's a good fit for the 3DS when all the interaction is on the bottom screen. Hope they create a good 3DS-specific UI.
I think it'll turn out fine. Of all the platforms they were pushing it for, they seemed the most invested in the 3DS.

Roto13

Anyway. :p

They said there'd be a bunch of Nintendo Directs leading up to E3, so it shouldn't be too much longer now before the next one.

zigg

Really? Is it just me that finds it a little creepy for someone to look her up on FB, check out her wedding pics then post comments about them on an unrelated YT vid?
It could be an actual personal friend with no sense of public/private boundaries. Lord knows I have plenty of those myself.

I downloaded My Kong mode for Tank Tank Tank last night. Played it (and the other multiplayer modes) with my girlfriend and we had a blast. I honestly don't see how anyone could bash this, it's a terrific value for $2.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I downloaded My Kong mode for Tank Tank Tank last night. Played it (and the other multiplayer modes) with my girlfriend and we had a blast. I honestly don't see how anyone could bash this, it's a terrific value for $2.

Basically my feeling too. Even if I end up using it for a grand total of 4 hours over the course of the Wii U's life, it'll be worth it. More simple party games are always welcomed. Some of Nintendo Land's games are actually pretty tough for non-gamers to pick up right away.

Vamphuntr

Any update on Harvest Moon GBC for the 3DS VC? It was supposed to be out in April, was pushed to May but with more Mega Man and the Zelda Oracle games coming out I'm worried it will be pushed back for the nth time.

Top Bottom