• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maaaan, wtf at no Halloween sale.

Think I'm gonna rebuy Art Style: Boxlife just to help pass the time.

donny2112

They have a new dev-submission platform thing (online) for sales. Thus they can't accurately cover sales in the PR.

tumblr_m04rowcUbh1qeeuh8.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But... That's for both NoA & NoE. Is NoE being lazy too?

Hell no, the NOE Halloween sale (last week I might add) is a great one overall by NOE standards.

I still think overall NOA does have better sales...but they are seemingly less frequent.

Is the 3DS eShop down for anyone right now? I'm getting "007-2100 An error has occurred, please try again later," my internet is fine for my other devices, so probably just maintenance related but just thought I'd check.

-shadow-

F-ZERO X week!

HYPE! FINALLY!

EU I presume? Because I can't believe NOA would give a damn.

F-ZERO X (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99

I knew it. NOA really is worthless it seems. It's absolutely mind boggling how much the two different regions have changed over the past ten years and now Europe of all places is getting treated so many times better. Not that I'm complaining a European!

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

F-ZERO X (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99

A scintillating successor to a Super Nintendo classic, F-Zero X is one of the fastest racers you'll ever clap eyes on. If you were one of the wimps who got queasy from playing the original F-Zero, wait until you play F-Zero X! Part of the reason F-Zero X plays so well is the game's consistently fast frame rate. Even with 30 hover cars jostling for pole position on-screen, there's never a hint of slow-down.

Gravity+ (Nitrolic Games) - €6.49/£5.89
Gravity+ - Level Editor (Nitrolic Games, Add-on Content) - €3.99/£3.59

Gravity+ is a puzzle game suitable for all ages. You play a small robot on a space station and you have to find your way through a maze to the exit. You are able to manipulate gravity to make your way through traps and hazards. The game features over two dozen stages, various challenges, online high scores, stamps and Miiverse support.

Pinball Breakout (nuGame) - €7.00/£6.00
Pinball Breakout is a breakout game for one or two players combining game mechanics from a traditional breakout game and a flipper game. Play single player and aim for a high score or two player mode competing against a friend.

Twisted Fusion (Leuvsion) - €5.00/£4.00
Three friends are transported to a strange world unlike our own. Surrounded by strange creatures and even stranger locals, Cora and her friends have only their wits and a brace of water guns to rely upon! Luckily for our plucky trio of outlanders, the water found in this curious new land possesses mysterious qualities; transforming their ordinary water guns into powerful weapons.

Hyrule Warriors: A Link Between Worlds Pack (Nintendo, Add-on Content available on October 31) - €4.99/£4.49
Hyrule Warriors: A Link Between Worlds Pack (Nintendo 3DS + Wii U) (Nintendo, Add-on Content available on October 31) - €8.99/£8.09

Special offers

360 Breakout (nuGAME) - €5.00/£4.50 (Ends November 30, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Gear Gauntlet (Crystalline Green) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends November 10, normally €9.99/£7.99)
Frankenstein - Master of Death (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends November 17, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Joe's Diner (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends November 17, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends November 17, normally €7.99/£5.99)

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Mario's Super Picross (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €7.99/£7.19

This Super NES version of the popular ‘picture crossword’ game was originally released only in Japan and features hundreds of relaxing yet challenging brainteasers. Each Picross puzzle consists of a numbered grid of tiles which reveal a picture when correctly chiselled away. In Mario’s main mode, a wrong move means losing time. However, in the more difficult Wario mode, mistakes are not shown... so be careful!

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers (GameMill) - €29.99/£19.99

When Uncle Grandpa accidentally drives the UG-RV through multiple dimensions, he picks up some surprise passengers in the form of Gumball, Steven Universe, Finn, Mordecai and Clarence! Now they'll have to band together to defeat the evil shard creatures and set things right. Use each character's unique attacks and special moves to conquer the elements, fight your way through all the levels and beat some brutal boss battles. Replay maps with special modifiers to switch up the fun, and unlock bonus rooms along the way.

Collide-a-Ball (STARSIGN) - €1.99/£1.99
Set up a course to make two balls meet at the same place and time in this unique puzzle game. A red and blue ball start from different places in the stage. Position and rotate objects such as slopes and acceleration panels to prepare the path for the balls to travel so they meet at the goal flag at the same time. Once you've set the scene hit Start to trigger the two balls rolling. Can you make the two balls collide at the goal flag at the same time?

Ice Station Z (Wobbly Tooth) - €2.99/£2.99
After a strange virus spreads across an Arctic island you are left alone to survive.

Scavenge for food, drink, medical supplies, weapons, ammunition, clothes, fuel and other useful equipment.

Find shelters, vehicles and other interesting locations to help you survive during day and night.

Unlucky Mage (KEMCO) - €9.99/£8.99
From loner to saviour of a nation? The various powers across the Adamantia continent have long fought one with another in an effort to gain supreme control over the vast regions of land- each ruler and monarch thinking of none but themselves and leeching mercilessly off the labour of those citizens within their borders...But that all begins to change when an untrusting young mage named Jasper, living isolated from society, finds himself involved in a chain of events that is sure to go down in history as the greatest story ever told!

SEGA 3D Classics Collection (SEGA, available November 4 at 15:00) - €29.99/£24.99
A collection of 9 classic SEGA games in one game! From the arcades straight to your Nintendo 3DS, experience the classics that defined the genres in gameplay. Choose a game to suit your mood! Shooting, racing, action, puzzle, and more! With: Power Drift, Puyo Puyo 2, Maze Walker, Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa, Fantazy Zone II W, Sonic The Hedgehog, Thunder Blade, Galaxy Force II, Altered Beast.

Hyrule Warriors: A Link Between Worlds Pack (Nintendo, Add-on Content available on October 31) - €6.99/£6.29
Hyrule Warriors: A Link Between Worlds Pack (Nintendo 3DS + Wii U) (Nintendo, Add-on Content available on October 31) - €8.99/£8.09

Special offers

Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends November 17, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends November 17, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.79/£3.19 (Ends November 17, normally €5.99/£3.99)

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
The first three Hello Kitty themes available on November 1. All others will release on November 4.

Hello Kitty Birthday (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty celebrates her birthday

Mimmy gives a present to Kitty (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty celebrates her birthday with her sister

Kitty takes a selfie with friends (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty takes a picture with her friends

Hello Kitty plays with origami (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty plays with origami and paper

Hello Kitty Thanksgiving day (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty celebrates with her family

Sonic Bundle #3 (SEGA) - €4.99/£4.49
A set of three Sonic themes.
(1) Sonic series: Cute Style
(2) Sonic series: Shadow Style
(3) Sonic series: Silver Style

Sonic series: Cute Style (SEGA) - €1.99/£1.79
Cute Sonic characters drawn like stuffed animals.

Sonic series: Shadow Style (SEGA) - €1.99/£1.79
Cool Theme of Shadow, that is the arch-rival of Sonic.

Sonic series: Silver Style (SEGA) - €1.99/£1.79
Themed on Silver that is a silver-furred hedgehog from future.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Autumn Leaves (Nintendo) - €1.99/£1.79
Isabelle, Lottie and the twins clear up autumn leaves as you scroll the Touch Screen. The Resetti brothers might pop up as well!

Go MIFFY by Mercis (Mercis/CPLG) - €0.99/£0.89
All together: give me a M, give me a I, give me two Fs and then a Y. Go M I F F Y!

Miffy with stripes or spots? by Mercis (Mercis/CPLG) - €0.99/£0.89
Stripes or spots? That is the question.

Glass Rebel

I wish Nintendo would announce their plans for Switch VC. If I knew that these purchases are gonna transfer, I'd buy F-Zero X in a heartbeat.

-shadow-

I'm assuming we're not getting any information on that until January. Personally I recommend waiting, the VC on the WiiU is garbage-tier for most platforms. It can only improve from here on out. Especially looking at the NES Mini.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh damn, that's right, new HW Legends DLC is out today....I look forward to forgetting to play it.

Also what the hell, EU gets Mario's Super Picross AGAIN? Bring it to the US, Nintendo, I would gladly get it, I need more Picross.

& dat ain't F-Zero GX.......gimme GCN VC on Switch, Nintendo. F-ZERO GX ON THE GO, I WILL GLADLY PAY FOR THAT.

Glass Rebel

I'm assuming we're not getting any information on that until January. Personally I recommend waiting, the VC on the WiiU is garbage-tier for most platforms. It can only improve from here on out. Especially looking at the NES Mini.

Oh, I'm definitely waiting but I'd also love to start playing it on Thursday.

TheMoon

EU I presume? Because I can't believe NOA would give a damn.

I knew it. NOA really is worthless it seems. It's absolutely mind boggling how much the two different regions have changed over the past ten years and now Europe of all places is getting treated so many times better. Not that I'm complaining a European!

Why do we need to go through this again? Monday is PAL day. You won't hear ANYTHING about NA on Mondays. Mondays is only for PAL eShop news.

It's actually "garbage tier" for the minority of platforms.

VC may not transfer for free but it will be acknowledged. There's no way it won't.

-shadow-

Why do we need to go through this again? Monday is PAL day. You won't hear ANYTHING about NA on Mondays. Mondays is only for PAL eShop news.
Now that I didn't know this myself, so excuse me on this one (even if I'm assuming they're not getting it :p)

It's actually "garbage tier" for the minority of platforms.

VC may not transfer for free but it will be acknowledged. There's no way it won't.
Personally I find most of the supported consoles to have one issue or another ranging from input lag, terrible colour pallet/darkness and/or multiple 50Hz releases (though this one is not really emulator related).
But we'll see how they'll handle the VC transition or not. It's going to be interesting with the NNID's and MyNintendo. But we'll see.

Putosaure

SEGA 3D Classics Collection (SEGA, available November 4 at 15:00) - €29.99/£24.99
A collection of 9 classic SEGA games in one game! From the arcades straight to your Nintendo 3DS, experience the classics that defined the genres in gameplay. Choose a game to suit your mood! Shooting, racing, action, puzzle, and more! With: Power Drift, Puyo Puyo 2, Maze Walker, Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa, Fantazy Zone II W, Sonic The Hedgehog, Thunder Blade, Galaxy Force II, Altered Beast.

They better release Power Drift separately :(

jmizzal

Now that I didn't know this myself, so excuse me on this one (even if I'm assuming they're not getting it :p)

Personally I find most of the supported consoles to have one issue or another ranging from input lag, terrible colour pallet/darkness and/or multiple 50Hz releases (though this one is not really emulator related).
But we'll see how they'll handle the VC transition or not. It's going to be interesting with the NNID's and MyNintendo. But we'll see.

With NNID and MyNintendo in place, I dont think we will have to rebuy VC games, even Wii to WiiU they didnt make you rebuy them, only upgrade fee if you wanted WiiU features.

I dont think Switch will have some feature that would require rebuying, it will already have off-tv play and should have Miiverse and button mapping in place.

My only concern is will Nintendo make us wait so long for VC games to release. I think they should release almost all VC games that are out now on WiiU and 3DS on Switch by the end of the year, and mix in GC games and more Wii games.

BooJoh

F-Zero X and Super Picross? That's a great VC week for EU.

I really hope NOA brings Super Picross over this time. I don't even care if it comes this week or next year, I just want the opportunity to buy it.

Top Bottom