• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2009 (VC / WiiWare / DSiWare)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this works! Especially because japanese is in! I don't believe I can photo an japanese text and this translates well.

So I'm waiting for some reviews first :)

Capndrake

Yup, that's all this week for Europe, pretty bad:

WiiWare:
Contra Rebirth (Konami, 1000 points)

DSiWare:
6 in 1 Dictionary with Camera Function (Nintendo, 800 points)

the-iek

Caesar III said:
I wonder if this works! Especially because japanese is in! I don't believe I can photo an japanese text and this translates well.

It's only 15,000 words, so yeah. I downloaded the application a few minutes ago. If you want to, you can post some Japanese in this thread and I'll try if the dictionary will recognize it.

Yoschi

Caesar III said:

i just bought it, but i'm pretty disappointed for an application that's 800points..
it only translates simple words, the camera function while it works is rather clumsy. It's better to just type in the word you want to translate, since it doesn't translate whole sentences anyway .
Functions are very basic, it really just translates one word into another language with three different input methods, keyboard, handwriting and by making a picture of the word and then selecting it.
Don't expect anything full-fledged, it doesn't even have words like teargas (tränengas), transpose (umsetzen, transposer) or lumberjack (holzfäller, bucheron).

So I got a DSi because I had to leave my DS Lite at home for college. I downloaded Flipnote Studio, the browser, and WarioWare: Snapped! I don't get the hate WarioWare gets for being hard to get work. I got it to work easily. My only complaint is that it's short, although the credits game gives it some replayability, and there are always new people in my dorm to show it to. So anyway, I still have 500 points. I can't decide between one of the Art Styles (probably Boxlife or PiCTOBiTS) and Pop+ Solo. Or I could buy more points and get something for 800.

neoism

For the LOVE of god please release Cave Story this month!!!
16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Capndrake said:

WiiWare:

DSiWare:

It's even worse for Australia, we don't get Contra. =\

Jazzem

cooljeanius said:
So I got a DSi because I had to leave my DS Lite at home for college. I downloaded Flipnote Studio, the browser, and WarioWare: Snapped! I don't get the hate WarioWare gets for being hard to get work. I got it to work easily. My only complaint is that it's short, although the credits game gives it some replayability, and there are always new people in my dorm to show it to. So anyway, I still have 500 points. I can't decide between one of the Art Styles (probably Boxlife or PiCTOBiTS) and Pop+ Solo. Or I could buy more points and get something for 800.

PiCTOBiTS (or PiCOPiCT as it's called in PAL)

Thank me later ;)

And yeah I like Wario Ware as well, but find I have to turn the light on/close the curtains to get it to work. Always a laugh though, especially the two player levels!

Capndrake said:

WiiWare:

DSiWare:

DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Somnid

I think the point was that Europe got but a single WiiWare game whether good or not. It's probably a lot better than most weeks by most people's standards since they are actually buying something but overall they should throw in a little VC at the very least.

Amalthea

Banned
Contra Rebirth is good fun and it doesn't take itself as serious as other entries of the franchise.
It's also much easier than other Contras but it tries more new things compared to Contra 4.
Let's hope there will be announced a Castlevania Rebirth soon.

Somnid

Japan's Lineup Next Week:

VC:
Rygar (Arcade, Tecmo, 800pts)
Dragon Spirit (Arcade, Namco-Bandai, 800pts)

DSiWare:

DSiWare 200:
200V Majhong Challenge Sprirts (Tasuke)

DSiWare 500:
Ima kara Hajimeru Facening Kao Tore-mini: Sukkiri Kogan Course (Nintendo)
[From now on your first Facening: Face training mini: Shapely Small-face course]

Ima kara Hajimeru Facening Kao Tore-mini: Sutekina Egao Course (Nintendo)
[From now on your first Facening: Face training mini: Wonderful Smile Course]

Ima kara Hajimeru Facening Kao Tore-mini: Me to Kuchi no Kenkou Course (Nintendo)
[From now on your first Facening: Face training mini: Eye and Mouth Health Course]

Ima kara Hajimeru Facening Kao Tore-mini: Kao no Refresh Course (Nintendo)
[From now your on first Facening: Face training mini: Face Refresh Course]

Saikyou Yoko-Suku Action Vol 1. Noroi no Game Chi (Square-Enix)
[Worst Luck Side-Scrolling Action Vol.1 Noroi Game Blood]

Saikyou Yoko-Suku Action Vol 2. Noroi no Game Goku (Square-Enix)
[Worst Luck Side-Scrolling Action Vol.1 Noroi Game Prison]

zigg

Somnid said:
Saikyou Yoko-Suku Action Vol 1. Noroi no Game Chi (Square-Enix)
[Worst Luck Side-Scrolling Action Vol.1 Noroi Game Blood]

Saikyou Yoko-Suku Action Vol 2. Noroi no Game Goku (Square-Enix)
[Worst Luck Side-Scrolling Action Vol.1 Noroi Game Prison]

What are these?

Somnid

zigg said:
What are these?

Not sure, it's just says it's side scrolling action. It also has a relation to the Nanashi no Game series.

VOOK said:
Oh fucking hell not more X Training games broken up...

To be fair this one makes sense as you can't play the original on DSi anyway.

the-iek

Nintendo reduced the price of the Dictionary 6 in 1 from 800 to 500 points. My news can be found
nintendo-korrigiert-still-und-heimlich-preis-des-dsi-wrterbuchs

Bad thing is, the users still haven't received the 300 points refund.

Roto13

The last Final Fantasy IV: The After Years chapter releases next week and I don't have a Wi-fi connection any more. Augh. >_<

ksamedi

the-iek said:
Nintendo reduced the price of the Dictionary 6 in 1 from 800 to 500 points. My news can be found
nintendo-korrigiert-still-und-heimlich-preis-des-dsi-wrterbuchs

Bad thing is, the users still haven't received the 300 points refund.

There probably weren't any users.

dock

I've never played a Contra game before, but I really love Metal Slug.
I'm downloading Contra Rebirth now because I fancy something new :)

dock said:
I've never played a Contra game before, but I really love Metal Slug.
I'm downloading Contra Rebirth now because I fancy something new :)
Make sure you play Contra 4 by any means necessary. Easily the best in the series.

dock

Just played this for a while, it's a lot of fun!

It's much funnier than I expected, as I generally don't enjoy 'so crap it's good' humour like Earth Defense Force, but this has some very funny moments in it already. Holy crap it is hard though. I'm useless at dodging the bullet patterns of the missile/samurai style boss, and you have to do him and the following section as well as the next boss all on the same 'credit'.

Glass Joe

when the hell is Contra Rebirth coming to the States? i went through all the trouble of finding my wifi connector to download it last week due to the false info IGN's front page gave me, telling me it was out. one week later i'm still rebirth-less with no ETA.

Glass Joe said:
when the hell is Contra Rebirth coming to the States? i went through all the trouble of finding my wifi connector to download it last week due to the false info IGN's front page gave me, telling me it was out. one week later i'm still rebirth-less with no ETA.
Come on man, you can find the answer just a few posts above yours.

rpmurphy

Hey regarding the Internet Channel, is there a economy version of niconico douga that can work on the browser? I sort of recall there being one, but I forget, but don't remember how to find it (or whether it would even work). Help appreciated, thanks.

Apenheul

Contra Rebirth on normal mode is already kicking my ass in stage 3, Contra II and Super Contra never were this intense. It does feel a bit like fanservice: "hey remember that awesome event in Super Contra? Guess what, it's back x 1000". But in the end it's a very cool game, especially with 2 players.

Jaded Alyx said:
Anyone download Contra?
Yeah, it's pretty fun from the hour or so I put in. A bit more forgiving than your usual Contra too (which is good for people like me with restricted gaming time).

Love that Konami has gone for SNES'esque sprites for both Contra and Gradius Rebirth (which has a nicely balanced difficulty that is good for both veterans like me and noobs). If only Hudson would take a page from Capcom and Konami and do sprites for some of their Wiiware games (I'd love to see Bonk get the Megaman 9 treatment). Still can't get over how ugly WW Adventure Island is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom