• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS headset picture

Khalid-S

I saw that in Go Nintendo

027.jpg

GONINTENDO said:
There it is people, the official Nintendo DS headset. This baby hits the Japanese streets Sept 14th (as reported earlier) for roughly 9 bucks US. One question remains…will this be sold in game stores, or only online?

Wollan

So will we get use for it?

In Metroid you can chat inbetween matches but that's all sofar. Whta's coming that supports this?

threeball said:
I just don't see the point of this until voice chat in game is supported without the need for friend codes.
Though I'm not keen on the mono sound, I imagine it could be nice for any game that frequently uses the microphone. No positioning the system at the right spot necessary.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Wollan said:
So will we get use for it?

In Metroid you can chat inbetween matches but that's all sofar. Whta's coming that supports this?

Pokemon and tony hawk DJ

Jupiter_Shrooms said:
My friend's mic is broken. Would this circumvent that?

Assuming it's the microphone device itself that's broken and not a connector farther in, or the sound chip or something, yes.

osyrus

Nintendo should release Conversation Training for the DS and pack in the headset. it would teach you how to talk to people better, and allow you to talk to anyone over the WiFi connection and play pictochat with eachother.

or just call is DS Phone FTW

either way, i want to make free long-distance phone calls with my DSL.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Don't forget the luxury of monaural sound.
I think it is Stereo, has a 2nd earpiece. See that there are two cable coming out of the plug? And one goes into the Headset unit....
027.jpg

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
knoo said:
That´s a submarine.
Really? With the giant fish chasing after it? I had no idea.

Yes, I know it's a submarine, but who ****in' cares? It's Star Wars...they're all spaceships or star cruisers or wookiees or whatever.

Sheesh. It looks like the DS headset. That's the important part.

knoo

Whimsical Phil said:
Really? With the giant fish chasing after it? I had no idea.

Yes, I know it's a submarine, but who ****in' cares? It's Star Wars...they're all spaceships or star cruisers or wookiees or whatever.

Sheesh. It looks like the DS headset. That's the important part.

I *might* not have been all to serious with my comment :)

Man, the new Star Wars movies suck so bad. This thread just became a really depressing reminder of how much I hate Lucas. He's a storyteller. And Episode 1 is poetry in motion.

bumpkin

All that matters to me is it comes stateside or can be imported (import stores often let me down with their available inventory).

biggreenmachine

The bleeding edge of news reporting...
I'm glad they waited for this styling it after the DSlite instead of releasing it last year styled after the DSdull.

Symytry

JoshuaJSlone said:
Don't forget the luxury of monaural sound.

yeah, wtf? Thats pretty lame its only one earphone, unless of course only the voice channel comes through this and the regular sound still through the DS speakers.

Symytry said:
yeah, wtf? Thats pretty lame its only one earphone, unless of course only the voice channel comes through this and the regular sound still through the DS speakers.
It propably has 2 earpieces, read post #22

And I'm sure the DS Speakers are off when it's plugged in like with every headphones.

Cheerilee

Looks uncomfortable. I prefer the old 80's standards. The looked like crap, but they were comfy and they sounded great. And they were supposedly less likely to give you hearing damage.

ozma7_01.jpg

Top Bottom