• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

ant1532

Banned
ok people, it seems my parents bought the "stomach virus" act. :D I even had to take some pemtobismal(or however you spell it) :lol

bring on da ruckus!

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
like was said by koam (THANK YOU) in the egm zelda thread, 7 nintendo ips at launch. so i was right to an extent. so very sadly though, ssb3 and mp3 are both 2007. speaker in the controller, which actually is pretty awesome. if wii is 200 at launch, i expect success after that sony snoozefest last night.

lancubap

Sweedishrodeo said:
like was said by koam (THANK YOU) in the egm zelda thread, 7 nintendo ips at launch. so i was right to an extent. so very sadly though, ssb3 and mp3 are both 2007. speaker in the controller, which actually is pretty awesome. if wii is 200 at launch, i expect success after that sony snoozefest last night.

Mario alone is enough to storm the industry, if it is AAA++ !

ant1532 said:
ok people, it seems my parents bought the "stomach virus" act. :D I even had to take some pemtobismal(or however you spell it) :lol

bring on da ruckus!

Good man! Was it the chewables or the liquid?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ant1532 said:

bring on da ruckus!
:lol glad I don't have to do that shit anymore.

I still haven't sleep at all.

ant1532

Banned
Netrunner2k2 said:
Good man! Was it the chewables or the liquid?
the liquid sadly. :(

:lol i just finished the bathroom act, i was in there for an hour,(coming to computer back and forth)

ahh, i cant wait:D

i cant see how this conference will top Sony's(but im hoping to god it will), imo that conference was amazing towards the end.

HomShaBom

Banned
I'm 18, I don't have to fake it anymore. Though my mom would get pissed if she found out, considering she pays for my private school...*cough*

ant1532

Banned
HomShaBom said:
I'm 18, I don't have to fake it anymore. Though my mom would get pissed if she found out, considering she pays for my private school...*cough*
yep lol, she pays for mine too, thats why i apparantly have a stomach virus.

Saoh

lancubap said:
You must count the delay.

fine, 5.30 hrs :D

so, i just woke up. where´s the USA today leak??

i see Matt is teasing with a mario model... looks like the meele/NSMB model imo.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
ant1532 said:
i cant see how this conference will top Sony's(but im hoping to god it will), imo that conference was amazing towards the end.
Reggie could make fart jokes for two hours and it would top the Sony conference.

Krowley

Sweedishrodeo said:
what does everyone think of the console always being online? what does that mean for the games? ; )

That's actually very strange to me, i guess they will explain it today. I don't see many applications for it.

Error

Archie said:
Reggie could make fart jokes for two hours and it would top the Sony conference.
:lol

jesus sony screw up so fucking bad it's not even funny.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Scrow said:
uhh.... it's the SSBM model, but that's irrelevant.

agreed. dont look so far into it, people. we are hours away.

cast_jackson.jpg

hold onto your butts

Saoh

btw, due to recent shameless events, does anyone think Nintendo will change their conf??

i really hope not, they must deliver now. E3 is not supposed to be as boring as yesterday

Today just mentioned the Wii will be out this summer. That could mean Sept or it could mean July. Or it could mean they just don't know shit.

Saoh said:
btw, due to recent shameless events, does anyone think Nintendo will change their conf??

i really hope not, they must deliver now. E3 is not supposed to be as boring as yesterday

I just want some smart remark from Reggie to Sony.

Or hell, even from Iwata!

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
evilromero said:
Today just mentioned the Wii will be out this summer. That could mean Sept or it could mean July. Or it could mean they just don't know shit.

i've been saying it all along. suprise launch = easter, bitches

nintyftpoow.jpg

Error

Saoh said:

very doubtful, like I said after sony's colossal fuck up yesterday Nintendo can't pussy out now.

Tonche

Not sure if this has been mentioned but its related to the hint above. From Matt's blog on Saturday the 6th. Interesting edit @ #4!:

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2006/05/06/

Specific E3 2006 Predictions
For me, E3 2006 begins this weekend. That's because I've already got a few things to write about prior to the show and I'll have a lot more in a couple of days. If I don't tackle this stuff now, I'll run out of time next week. So I figured I should use this Saturday morning (er, afternoon) to post a quickie blog before I'm neck-deep in coverage.

I'm going to make some predictions. I don't think they'll all come true. In fact, I'm expecting to be wrong on at least a couple of them, but what fun are predictions if you don't shoot for the moon? This is a blog, so of course I welcome your input on these, good or bad. And before you start posting "Matt confirms..." threads, I refer you to the beginning of this paragraph again -- you know, the bit about these being predictions, and possibly wrong ones.

1. Nintendo and Sony Keep Wii and PlayStation 3 price points a secret
2. Microsoft unveils a massive lineup of downloadable Xbox Live Arcade games to combat Nintendo's virtual console
3. Metroid Prime 3 confirmed as Wii launch title
4. New Wii Mario shown on video, but not playable [EDIT: Er, I change my mind]
5. At least thee new Wii IPs from Nintendo and its teams, one of them a "sandbox" style game
6. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii shown, but not playable, and void of online functionality
7. Most, if not all Wii games shown exclusively at Nintendo's E3 booth
8. Zelda: Twilight Princess demoed for Wii
9. A number of Wi surprise titles that nobody could have predicted
10. Metroid Dread for DS returns? Well, a man can dream...

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I've said this in a couple of threads already and we'll soon find out if I'm right. The first 2 have already happened:
-TGS-Nintendo shows the Wiimote controller earlier than we all thought, it's very puzzling 'cos of them being afraid of "stealing" it
-E3 2006-Sony pretty much "steals" it (in a way)
-E3 2006-Nintendo counters with something big* (camera, so as to double trump Sony's EyeToy) knowing all along that Sony would "steal" it

My other predictions were that Sony *would* reveal the price (which they did) and that MS will reveal the "X-BOY".

*maybe it's not a camera, maybe it's just the speaker (and hopefully mic too) which would be big, but I'm thinking bigger

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Tonche said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but its related to the hint above. From Matt's blog on Saturday the 6th. Interesting edit @ #4!:

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2006/05/06/

yeah we caught that a while back. yeah matt's an idiot. yeah, mario is gonna be there (probably/hopefully/better be playable).

DrGAKMAN said:
I've said this in a couple of threads already and we'll soon find out if I'm right. The first 2 have already happened:
-TGS-Nintendo shows the Wiimote controller earlier than we all thought, it's very puzzling 'cos of them being afraid of "stealing" it
-E3 2006-Sony pretty much "steals" it (in a way)
-E3 2006-Nintendo counters with something big* (camera, so as to double trump Sony's EyeToy) knowing all along that Sony would "steal" it

i agree with 3, but we know of the speaker, and they said in the egm article that there was no camera (or something along those lines). i think it has something to do with wi-fi service

Honestly I'm pretty excited to see Sonic Wild Fire running on the Wii. Sounds like a great idea and a return to form (solo adventure!). Hope we get some videos soon.

evilromero said:
Honestly I'm pretty excited to see Sonic Wild Fire running on the Wii. Sounds like a great idea and a return to form (solo adventure!). Hope we get some videos soon.

Whhhat? Its just Sonic? Well then +1 for that. I was excited about the PS3/360 Sonic until I learned it was another mutl character adventure. But if this is just Sonic then i'll get it over that game.

Diffense

Maybe Mario won't be playable. Nintendo has a way of changing plans at the last minute. Sony's stunt might dissaude them from revealing just how they put the motion sensitive controller to use in that game. Unfortunately for E3 observers, Nintendo's fear of being rapidly copied was proven to be justified.

I'd rather wait and seen videos of the Sonic, I don't really have high hopes for it though... 3D Sonic? Blech.

Gimme Mario. :)

Error

with the speaker in the wiimote now my geekness screams for a fucking star wars game now.

press the big A button to turn on the lightsaber, the speaker could make the lightsaber sound effects. I don't care if it gets old after 5 minutes I need to try something like that.

SolidSnakex said:
Whhhat? Its just Sonic? Well then +1 for that. I was excited about the PS3/360 Sonic until I learned it was another mutl character adventure. But if this is just Sonic then i'll get it over that game.
Only Sonic and a return of the mozaic tiles and palm trees. Let's keep our fingers crossed Sega can pull it off.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Error2k4 said:
with the speaker in the wiimote now my geekness screams for a fucking star wars game now.

press the big A button to turn on the lightsaber, the speaker could make the lightsaber sound effects. I don't care if it gets old after 5 minutes I need to try something like that.
apparently the speaker isn't high fidelity, so don't expect awesome sound fx

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Diffense said:
Maybe Mario won't be playable. Nintendo has a way of changing plans at the last minute. Sony's stunt might dissaude them from revealing just how they put the motion sensitive controller to use in that game.

stunt is a good word. i think it was a stunt, bc the rest of that show basically confirmed (at least my own) worst fears: $600, warhawk looking a little drab, etc.... im pretty sure general opinion is sony couldve done so much more.

i think if anything, nintendo is just going to go all out. they have theoppurtunity to overshadow sony completely. ...so either way it goes, fanboys ready your tissues.

i have classes off and on all day. may the force be with you all. good [day] and good luck.

spppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnddd

Johnas

Looks like I'll be able to leave work early and catch the conference live.

I used GameSpot last night for Sony, and it crapped out before Metal Gear came up (really the only reason I was watching). Anybody know which site performed best last night? I'm gonna be sick if I miss Metroid footage just because the stream didn't hold up.

lancubap

Diffense said:
Maybe Mario won't be playable. Nintendo has a way of changing plans at the last minute. Sony's stunt might dissaude them from revealing just how they put the motion sensitive controller to use in that game. Unfortunately for E3 observers, Nintendo's fear of being rapidly copied was proven to be justified.

Yeah. I remember that last E3 a TON of people said that it was a shame that Nintendo didn't present the controller. What Nintendo didn't know, is that PS3 would have been deleayed from Q1 2006 to Q4 2006: this gave more time to Sony to copy the Wiimote.

Well, playable or not, I WANT to see Super Mario 128 !!!

DrGAKMAN said:
-E3 2006-Nintendo counters with something big*

I expect this, i think they set the bait with the controller at TGS and Sony took it, i think we'll get something else, pretty simple, but with BIG implications
$199 with pack in Mario>?

lancubap

Ancestor said:

I used GameSpot last night for Sony, and it crapped out before Metal Gear came up (really the only reason I was watching). Anybody know which site performed best last night? I'm gonna be sick if I miss Metroid footage just because the stream didn't hold up.

Nintendo-Difference, but it is in French. Try with N-Sider or GameDaily.biz: they updates both the conference live, but without the video.

Ancestor said:

I don't think anyone but GameSpot had the feed last night. Nintendo's conference will have multiple websites carrying it though. Hopefully that spreads out the viewers.

Johnas

Netrunner2k2 said:
I don't think anyone but GameSpot had the feed last night. Nintendo's conference will have multiple websites carrying it though. Hopefully that spreads out the viewers.

Oh, OK, thanks (and to lancubap). I'm glad to hear that, hopefully that'll help.

master15

Keep expectations level folks, after Sony's dissapointing showing yesterday it's really given both Microsoft and Nintendo a fantastic advantage to launch their stuff particulary the latter, but it seems for every good move Nintendo makes they make to cock-ups in the process. So I am not holding my breath.

5.30 pm for Londoners? It's on! :)

Totally inconsequential but ... isn't it weird that Nintendo's conference is at 9.30?
For Iwata/Miyamoto and anyone else from Japan, that's like 1.30am!
I mean, that's a major case of jetlag, not something i'd like to deal with on one of the most important day's in the companies history!

Then again Nintendo employees are probably always burning the midnight oil!

HomShaBom

Banned
Beezy said:
*sigh* I woke up earlier han I expected. Now I'm excited and I can't go back to sleep. :(

Multiple Nintendo characters? Please be Smash Brothers.

Mario + Twilight Princess + SSB = Greatest launch ever

I immediately thought SSB when I saw those characters

Top Bottom