• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the argument would be that Grezzo is working on it, and therefore it wouldn't have interfered with ALBW development.

Who knows, really. I just think it's funny how sure everyone is that it's coming.
Same here. Has anybody at Nintendo ever expressed the idea to "remake" MM? It's a great game, but Nintendo just barely started to acknowledge it's existence. It doesn't seem all that important to them.

Riki

Same here. Has anybody at Nintendo ever expressed the idea to "remake" MM? It's a great game, but Nintendo just barely started to acknowledge it's existence. It doesn't seem all that important to them.

Aonuma and Miyamoto have both expressed interest in it, actually. But that doesn't mean it's happening.

Lunar15

Nintendo has put some nods to MM in stuff, most notably the mask showing up in ALBW. For whatever reason, Aonuma has been asked about a Majora's Mask remake in most interviews recently. The notion isn't entirely farfetched.

It's just that people so darn sure that it's coming that amuses me. This is what leads to those big ol' embarassing meltdowns after E3 conferences: misplaced expectations.

All that being said, I think a Majora's Mask remake would be fantastic, and I do hope they have one in the works. Grezzo did a stellar job on the OOT remake.

I'm not going to be disappointed if theres no remake, but they have been so heavily alluding to it recently that it would seem silly not to. Plus, it would be so easy to make and would likely be at least moderately successful, thinking 1-2 million sales easily.

Lunar15

I'm not going to be disappointed if theres no remake, but they have been so heavily alluding to it recently that it would seem silly not to. Plus, it would be so easy to make and would likely be at least moderately successful, thinking 1-2 million sales easily.

Reggie wore a metroid pin and has made several side remarks about Metroid in the past few directs. But I won't be fooled into thinking there's a new metroid. I can't let that happen. The disappointment would be crushing.

E3 has taught me that your heart must remain black. Then even the weakest surprise can bring light into your life. It's the only way.

rokero

Takamaru never gets any love. :(

That's one series I'd love to see revived Sakurai-style.
If not Sakurai then developed by Kamiya at platinum, the Murasame Castle franchise has so much potential and could be Nintendo's game for the ''hardcore'' audience especially if developed by kamiya

About Majoras Mask didn't Aonuma say he was interested but he would first want an original Zelda game for 3DS than another port. So now that LBW is out there's no obstacle for Majoras Mask to get made

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's definitely better than Xenoblade's overall, but...

There's still jarring stuff like that that I'm sure they could find more discrete ways of displaying rather than laying it smack-dab on center of the screen.

Well yeah, just a lil bit more work and it would be perfect for me personally.
Did you replace it with a better screenshot btw?

AniHawk

the one really good thing about mm getting a remake is that the next on the docket should be to remake twilight princess.

-Horizon-

put me on the Hype train too :3
image.php

here's to Zelda U destroying gaf.
I wouldn't mind if X had a name too ;d

I actually want them to keep it as just "X". Seems unique. At least to me.
And then people will ask the cashier "where's Y version?" >.>

Yagami_Sama

Am I late to bord the hype train ? After the last two directs, my hype is reaching a unhealthy parameters.

Please let me in !

the one really good thing about mm getting a remake is that the next on the docket should be to remake twilight princess.
I'd definitely buy an HD remake of that game. It's such a solid experience. Hopefully they can find a way to insert crisper texture work in there. Unlike SS or WW, TP in it's current form doesn't look too great in HD.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd definitely buy an HD remake of that game. It's such a solid experience. Hopefully they can find a way to insert crisper texture work in there. Unlike SS or WW, TP in it's current form doesn't look too great in HD.
I could see them adding a texture filter of some sort. TP was kind of grainy looking to begin with.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have been lurker for this thread ever since it was created. Please add me for Hype Train, but I probably would go back to lurker again since I don't really want to overhype this E3. I know this E3 would have potential to be good one but we don't know for sure. Even we already know few things like Zelda U, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and X.

I have been lurker for this thread ever since it was created. Please add me for Hype Train, but I probably would go back to lurker again since I don't really want to overhype this E3. I know this E3 would have potential to be good one but we don't know for sure. Even we already know few things like Zelda U, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and X.
How would you overhype it?

MattyG

Banned
One ticket to the hype train, please. I'd like a seat in the Zelda U car if you have it, I'll settle for the Metroid car if not.

Seik

Banned
Is the famous hype train pic of the year already in preps?

Please add me if so, I'll be there for the hype! :D

Kind of off-topic, but after this month passes, Scott Moffitt would have been at his current role as EVP of Marketing at Nintendo of America, Inc. longer than Cammie Dunaway has retained that position.

Really puts time into perspective.

rokero

Kind of off-topic, but after this month passes, Scott Moffitt would have been at his current role as EVP of Marketing at Nintendo of America, Inc. longer than Cammie Dunaway has retained that position.

Really puts time into perspective.
seeing how he's handled the WiiU and to a lesser extent the 3DS he's been there way too long

With Metroid, I'd be more excited about a well polished side-scroller than a FPS. Something that has an art style similar to this:

mrwj.jpg

(drools)

Or if we're lucky, a repeat of 2002/2003, when we got a side-scrolling and FPS Metroid only months apart (on the same day for some of you).

HUELEN10

seeing how he's handled the WiiU and to a lesser extent the 3DS he's been there way too long
He's also the only one who publicly acknowledged the fact that Nintendo not having account based purchases was a problem (until only recently). That's gotta count for something right?

Anth0ny

Iwata has previously stated that they won't release more than one NSMB game per console.

That's why it won't be a New Super Mario Bros game. Just a 2D Mario, new series ;)

Assuming it would be their big holiday game for 3DS (November 21 or whatever), I'm thinking it's been enough time between the release of Pikmin 3 (July 2013) for them to have a new game ready for late this year.

What else would their big holiday game be? Even if Smash is out before Black Friday (doubt it), what does 3DS have?

rokero

With Metroid, I'd be more excited about a well polished side-scroller than a FPS. Something that has an art style similar to this:

Or if we're lucky, a repeat of 2002/2003, when we got a side-scrolling and FPS Metroid only months apart (on the same day for some of you).
I could see a classic 2D Metroid for 3DS but for WiiU Nintendo needs to go all out in terms of production values and have Metroid and Zelda be the games that showcase the graphical prowess of the console

AaronB

All aboard the Hype Train! Zelda alone is enough to put me there. Nintendo's recent videos have inspired confidence that they can put on a show, too.

I think we'll get a Majora's Mask remake and a Metroid U eventually, but I doubt they will be revealed this E3. 2016-17 is my guess.

I could see a classic 2D Metroid for 3DS but for WiiU Nintendo needs to go all out in terms of production values and have Metroid and Zelda be the games that showcase the graphical prowess of the console

I Dread that we're not even going to see Metroid at E3
That was awful. I'm sorry T_T.

Lumyst

Maybe he just plays the cards he's been dealt with as best he can, hardware sales are bad even in Japan for instance. If his input is what gave me the 2DS though then I'm okay with him :p

rokero

He's also the only one who publicly acknowledged the fact that Nintendo not having account based purchases was a problem (until only recently). That's gotta count for something right?

Maybe he just plays the cards he's been dealt with as best he can, hardware sales are bad even in Japan for instance. If his input is what gave me the 2DS though then I'm okay with him :p
could be but still he's job is marketing and WiiU's marketing has been abysmal thus far

If a MM remake doesn't come I won't be too heartbroken, since I have it on the VC anyway and am not adverse to playing it there.

But I would never say no to updated textures, polygons, controls, and stable 30fps.

rokero

If you're given shit, you can only create sculptures out of shit. Which is what he's done (NA is the best performing market for the Wii U).
I dunno man aren't good marketing people supposed to turned shit into gold and sell ice to the Eskimos, I'm not saying the guy is responsible for WiiU not selling well but it's no secret WiiU's marketing campaign has been awful Nintendo was promoting WiiU at pottery barn for God's sake

Draconian

I wonder when we'll get a Kirby Wii U game. Is HAL working on some other project right now? It seems reasonable to expect this at some point, right?

I wonder when we'll get a Kirby Wii U game. Is HAL working on some other project right now? It seems reasonable to expect this at some point, right?

They only just finished up with Triple Deluxe. HAL is pretty big (140 or so people), but it can take them a long time to make new console Kirby games.

I dunno man aren't good marketing people supposed to turned shit into gold and sell ice to the Eskimos, I'm not saying the guy is responsible for WiiU not selling well but it's no secret WiiU's marketing campaign has been awful Nintendo was promoting WiiU at pottery barn for God's sake

Haven't you heard? The Wii U's biggest problem was marketting, but it's clearly not the marketting guys fault. <sarcasm>

Yarbskoo

Humbly requesting a spot on the Hype Train, if you've room for another junior.

I'm hoping for Majora's Mask 3D, but I'll be happy with any Zelda news, even if it means I have to get a Wii U to play it.

Really hoping there's a story trailer for X. It's the one thing that could put my doubts to rest about that title.

HUELEN10

Why are so many gloomy about Metroid? Just because we haven't seen a game in a while doesn't mean the series is dead. Look at Punch-Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom