• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

It will speed up launching a game on the system a bit because you can bypass the OS and go straight to the software. There's a video of it on this page. They just said it will come with an OS update "either before or during summer." So around Mario Kart 8 launch sounds possible.

Ah, cool! Thanks Sendou

onilink88

Forgive me if this has been posted and discredited, but I didn't see it anywhere and need a confirmation that this is bullshit.

983677_10202253228193842_4476367225482358857_n.jpg

Xenogears: Origins? Really? If you're going to do stuff like this, at least make sure it can't be flippantly dismissed.

Sendou

Well... I've been out of the loop. Guess it is possible for an announcement, but I'll keep my expectations low on that.

Yeah you should. Although I think it will materialize at some point.

I would *LOVE* if they opened with a smash bros fakeout trailer. Make it look like zelda, fire emblem, X, anything, and then just reveal a newcomer. Segue into smash bros info. Close w/ Zelda or some unannounced revival of a franchise. That's my ideal this year.

Make it look like new F-Zero but then actually make it Captain Falcon returns to the fight SSB4 trailer.

Then keep on with not announcing new F-Zero game for the rest of the event. I think reactions for that would be something else.

That SAID, even though I prefer they open w/ something announced but unrevealed, I really want them to close with Zelda this year. I want to see if they can try to recapture the majesty of 2004. I think opening with some smash 4 revealed would be nice, as well. The game is announced, but those CHARACTERS are unrevealed :)

Not possible, due to no live conference with audience and atmosphere, sorry. So Zelda should be in the middle and in the end something we are hoping for.

Forgive me if this has been posted and discredited, but I didn't see it anywhere and need a confirmation that this is bullshit.

fanfiction.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

At the bare minimum, square published xenogears and nintendo probably doesn't have any reason to care about the brand enough to buy it when any "Xenostuff" title would do.

Edit: SotN 2? Cruel joke :( I want more castlevaniaaaaa.

Sendou

Not possible, due to no live conference with audience and atmosphere, sorry. So Zelda should be in the middle and in the end something we are hoping for.

No actually that might still be possible. Remember how Iwata said they had to invest a significant amount of money to R&D during last fiscal quarter? That was actually to research and develop technology that allows adding clapping and cheering sounds to video clips.

JoeM86

Ah but they will! They will spend 10-15 precious minutes talking about how great the MK8 release was and how you need to buy it (if you hasnt already)

The only way MK8 will be included is if they're advertising a new thing for it, like DLC or a special tournament or something.

Nibel

Havent followed the thread to closely, but when is your super-awesome official hype-train going up? I need to be on it to maximize hype-levels!

Close to their show

I don't want people and myself waste all their hype energy now - I need you guys powered up when we are close to the big show

And that train will probably start with the new thread from BY2K and me

:O You're an unusual one! I like it! Any Nintendo IPs you care for? Anything nintendo themselves could make that you would want?

on my 3ds and wii u the only games I own that are nintendo first party is fire emblem and wonderful 101(is that their IP? I dont remember how that worked out)

I bought/played most of the 1st party games on both(except fucking pikmin) and none really grabbed me like the 3ds fire emblem and w101(which has its own issues but whatever)

That post could come back to haunt him though if Kamiya and company are working on Star Fox:p

would be the first time in my entire life i'd be interested in star fox so I'd like to see how that would even happen, (even if that rumor is most likely booboo)

on my 3ds and wii u the only games I own that are nintendo first party is fire emblem and wonderful 101(is that their IP? I dont remember how that worked out)

I bought/played most of the 1st party games on both(except fucking pikmin) and none really grabbed me like the 3ds fire emblem and w101(which has its own issues but whatever)

would be the first time in my entire life i'd be interested in star fox so I'd like to see how that would even happen, (even if that rumor is most likely booboo)

For the good of gaming, StarKamiya needs to happen so that he can get it out of his system and stop with the shooter segments in action games.

Banned
Omg if we get Metroid prime trilogy HD I'm never selling my Wii U and will always consider it a successful console.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The simple fact that Konami would announce a metroidvania just a few months after the master himself left the company is laughable.

Shard of Nightmare is cool and all, but Nintendo's been using mostly 2 words subtitles for Zelda game for the last 10 years. (Minus A Link Between Worlds.)

The most believable thing in there is Xenogears: Origins. But I fail to understand why would such a document exists. Not even the press knows in advance what are the games they'll see at Judges Week.

We all know that Zelda U will be a direct spirit tracks sequel with the subtitle "The Train of Hype" anyway.

PLEASE NO I WOULD CRY IT'S A CRIME FOR ZELDA GAMES TO HAVE WHATEVER THAT SHIT WAS INSTEAD OF AN ACTUAL OVERWORLD. capslock was accidental but I think I'll leave it.

georly

We all know that Zelda U will be a direct spirit tracks sequel with the subtitle "The Train of Hype" anyway.

PLEASE NO I WOULD CRY IT'S A CRIME FOR ZELDA GAMES TO HAVE WHATEVER THAT SHIT WAS INSTEAD OF AN ACTUAL OVERWORLD. capslock was accidental but I think I'll leave it.

Link's crossbow training 2: On rails.

A cross between crossbow training and spirit tracks. The game is literally and figuratively on rails.

JB2448

Not sales-figures gloating if they have good initial results?

That's one of the reasons they're doing this "Nintendo Digital Event" for their consumers instead of a live press conference. Most consumers simply don't care about the sales numbers of a home leisure equipment company's products.

georly

castlevania SON 2 made laugh for almost a minute, its really cute that someone though that would be believable

It's really cute that someone thought that a piece of paper with info on all 3 main conferences would exist.

Anyone make a list of things that are more or less confirmed to be at E3 this year?

• Nintendo mentioned Zelda could show up
  • Nintendo announced they'd have NFC info
  • Nintendo has a smash tournament, so it's likely there will be more smash info.

Anything else basically confirmed?

as fake as it most likely will be, i dropped the apple i was eating when i saw Symphony of the night 2.

if this is fake im gonna find who made it and break their legs for messing with my feeling like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom