• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Site Opens: E3 Direct one hour long. Teases some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited for this, but none of these are really teasers since they're all assets from announced games. (Except maybe the solo Mario.)

javac

10 Days...holy crap E3 snuck up big time this year. No Weinerpoop no nothing just straight up out of nowhere. 10 days isn't long but hell its gonna feel like an eternity until the very last second. Can't wait.

GUYS GUYS! WHat if the character art on the E3 page is actually Smash Bros?
10 Days...holy crap E3 snuck up big time this year. No Weinerpoop no nothing just straight up out of nowhere. 10 days isn't long but hell its gonna feel like an eternity until the very last second. Can't wait.

And all we need is pictures of boxes and the return of E3 Bear
wTsAXH4.jpg

RagnarokX

I don't even get snake, we've had like what? a few MGS over the history of Nintendo?
MGS NES, MGS Ghost Babel, Twin Snakes, and Snake Eater 3D?
Snake really didn't deserve the spot, but eh.

Kojima is a huge Smash Bros fan and begged Sakurai to let him in. He wanted Snake to be in Melee but asked too late, so Kojima stuck Snake in a Konami smash bros ripoff called DreamMix TV World Fighters. I think Snake not being in PSABRA is a sign that he's returning in the next Smash.

I'll be happy if they don't talk about AC:NL or any other game that is already out. Also I hope they keep the Pikmin talk to a minimum (a game that should already be out). Just focus on games that haven't been announced yet.
Why would they talk about NL? It comes out 2 days before this "Wii U" direct

Ryoku

If they do bring it up at all (I don't really expect them to), it'd probably be something along the lines of "We have a great line-up of 3DS games for you to enjoy this summer, including the newly released Animal Crossing: New Leaf."

Kojima is a huge Smash Bros fan and begged Sakurai to let him in. He wanted Snake to be in Melee but asked too late, so Kojima stuck Snake in a Konami smash bros ripoff called DreamMix TV World Fighters. I think Snake not being in PSABRA is a sign that he's returning in the next Smash.
No Kojima wanted his kids to play with Snake in a game that they would be interested in.

hatchx

Banned

I would hope, if Snake is in Smash, the WiiU also gets the MGS2/3 collection as well as MGSV.

I am always a little thrown off by the relationship Konami and Nintendo have. I'm not sure if it's good at all.

Meelow

Banned
I would hope, if Snake is in Smash, the WiiU also gets the MGS2/3 collection as well as MGSV.

I am always a little thrown off by the relationship Konami and Nintendo have. I'm not sure if it's good at all.

Nintendo and Konami's relationship is so freaking weird.

DaBoss

Hahahahahaha, no chance in hell that is happening.

Konami's and Nintendo's relationship is terrible when it comes to core games. Castlevania was the only core series you can really count on appearing on Nintendo platforms, but that is pretty much no more with the Lords of Shadow series.

LOLDSFAN

Oh yeah I forgot about the "Wii U Direct" part lol. Yeah they shouldn't talk about it then.

I was just worried because last Nintendo Direct they talked about Mario vs. Donkey Kong even though it was already out.

OnFire331

I'm looking forward to see more of X (hopefully) and the new 3D Mario (Super Mario Universe? It seems like a no-brainer and it follows up nicely from World and Galaxy).

Has it been confirmed, or are there at least rumors, that the new Smash Bros. will be shown in the Direct?

I'm looking forward to see more of X (hopefully) and the new 3D Mario (Super Mario Universe? It seems like a no-brainer and it follows up nicely from World and Galaxy).

Has it been confirmed, or are there at least rumors, that the new Smash Bros. will be shown in the Direct?

Smash is confirmed to be shown in some form.

I wonder if there will be any surprises from Nintendo during the conference. Possible unified accounting system surprise? Any new info regarding the June firmware update? I'm really excited for the next six months of the Wii U. Should be really good.

Nintendo and Konami's relationship is really terrible.
Neku from TWEWY should take Snake's spot.
pls

Please no... I don't want the roster filled up with one-off characters.

I'd love for Konami to push a bit closer using Smash and maybe having a couple more characters like Goemon... but that seems even LESS likely.

Give me Mega Man, Snake, Sonic, Kite (.hack), and... I dunno... some random Final Fantasy character (double points if it's Chrono instead). That covers 5 major 3rd party's with 1 character each and I'd be very happy on the 3rd party front.

Please no... I don't want the roster filled up with one-off characters.

I'd love for Konami to push a bit closer using Smash and maybe having a couple more characters like Goemon... but that seems even LESS likely.

Give me Mega Man, Snake, Sonic, Kite (.hack), and... I dunno... some random Final Fantasy character (double points if it's Chrono instead). That covers 5 major 3rd party's with 1 character each and I'd be very happy on the 3rd party front.

I wouldn't expect more than three 3rd party characters total. I'm thinking they'll drop Snake, keep Sonic, and add 2 new ones.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
playing DKCR now, I would cream my pants if a sequel was announced for the WiiU. One game of such quality isn't enough and just imagine them graphics...hmmm

playing DKCR now, I would cream my pants if a sequel was announced for the WiiU. One game of such quality isn't enough and just imagine them graphics...hmmm

Yeah, many say it would be a waste of Retro's talent or boring if they are doing another one but that's nonsense.

One of the best platformers in ages and I am sure they left a lot of crazy ideas on the table despite for a first entry, the game being almost perfect.

Shahadan

I can't really imagine another good reason for the 3DS port ! Then again Retro is probably busy on something else.

Donkey Kong is my favorite Nintendo franchise as a whole and even I don't want a DKCR2. I'd much prefer something with a wider scope, like a 3D adventure platformer with a more atmospheric focus.

Hire Dave Wise already, Nintendo.

Even though I plan on being disappointed by a lack of surprises, I do have to admit that a 5 month span with Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Yarn Yoshi, new 3D Mario, and Mario Kart is pretty damn amazing as a Nintendo fan.

I wouldn't mind a sequel on the Wii U, just make it harder and the length of the game longer and add some new enemies, then it be perfect.

Donkey Kong is my favorite Nintendo franchise as a whole and even I don't want a DKCR2. I'd much prefer something with a wider scope, like a 3D adventure platformer with a more atmospheric focus.

Hire Dave Wise already, Nintendo.
Still can't believe Retro Studios passed on hiring Kirkhope when he applied there. Especially since they even openly admitted part of Returns' soundtrack was inspired by DK64 and Banjo. :/

bon

Hopefully they don't spend too much time on Pikmin 3, NSLU, or The Wonderful 101. Focus on new stuff!!
Wouldn't mind seeing a Windwaker trailer though.

PopeReal

So is anyone getting a hype bus/train/whatever pic together?

I want to ride. Don't care if it takes me off the cliff.

I actually wouldn't mind a sequel to DK64. I must be one of the few that liked the game. Would be neat if Retro was working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom