• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Site Opens: E3 Direct one hour long. Teases some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Guys, of course there is going to be a surprise beyond Retro's game. We've had at least one completely unknown game almost every year.

The Retro game is completely unknown from Nintendo's stand point, right? Nintendo hasn't commented on it, pretty sure. We only found out through hirings and stuff and that Twitter account.

It's better than Reggie's.

reggie2.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Retro game is completely unknown from Nintendo's stand point, right? Nintendo hasn't commented on it, pretty sure. We only found out through hirings and stuff and that Twitter account.

Yup. Amazingly enough we are in the dark on it as far as official announcements from Nintendo go. I really do expect to see it at some point during E3.

Question:

Does Nintendo need to knock it out of the park with what the Wii U can really do graphically?

or:

Does Nintendo really need to focus on what makes the system totally different (Gamepad gameplay uses that are innovative) than the other new consoles coming?

Question:

Does Nintendo need to knock it out of the park with what the Wii U can really do graphically?

or:

Does Nintendo really need to focus on what makes the system totally different (Gamepad gameplay uses that are innovative) than the other new consoles coming?

Both.......I think.

Question:

or:

Yes.

Also they need to show that there will be a steady stream of games... People are tired of Nintendroughts.

Question:

or:

Well Iwata said they were gonna show how the Wii U was not to far behind in graphics so we'll see.

Shahadan

Who cares we still want to see. What killzone gif? You mean the one when your watching it?

I mean the threads where people were jerking off about X's graphics and then came Killzone. Suddenly some people said X looked like shit and compared the graphics.

It was stupid but you'll see more of that soon.

Darryl

Banned
I think if there's any game that can have the best graphics it's Retro's game. Next is Monolith.

Just random thinking: is HAL working on a game? Any chance it's a new IP?

i don't think those guys are really the new IP kinda crowd. they're probably working on yoshi yarn and smash brothers

AGITΩ;60533493 said:
An hour? I feel thats too short given that they have 2 platforms to focus on.

Yes but the only platform imperative that they focus on is the Wii U, the 3DS is kicking ass right now.

I think if there's any game that can have the best graphics it's Retro's game. Next is Monolith.

Just random thinking: is HAL working on a game? Any chance it's a new IP?

You guys are underestimating Bayonetta 2, that game will look amazing. Seriously over 130k polys for bayonetta......

spliced

Question:

or:

They should have some games that make good use of the Gamepad, but no need for all or even most to have it be a major part of the game. I think Miiverse has more potential than the Gamepad anyway.

AGITΩ;60533493 said:
An hour? I feel thats too short given that they have 2 platforms to focus on.

To be fair, a 60 min direct is probably on par with a 90 min show on the floor. You have to take lots of pauses for applause, introductions, wonky on stage demos, etc. Where as ND's have quick cuts, no pauses for rowdy audiences, etc.

I'd of course like it to be longer, but you can get a lot done in an hour... especially if you'd gotten a lot of it out of the way already (if you count the directs from May alone, that's almost an hour right there).

Darryl

Banned
Any source by chance :/

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130430qa/03.html

As you stated, it is a fact that some software development companies assume that Wii U is not powerful enough. On the contrary, some developers say in interviews that Wii U has a different architecture from other consoles and that, when utilized in the right way, it can perform well. At the moment, there is a great deal of contradictory information. Nintendo is required to make more efforts to dispel such a misconception.

ffdgh

Eh I'm not worried since 2 years of failure left me very cautious lol. Hopefully they'll do 3 minutes videos for each game. 10-15 vids would make me happy.

Not.... I meant not...

To be fair, a 60 min direct is probably on par with a 90 min show on the floor. You have to take lots of pauses for applause, introductions, wonky on stage demos, etc. Where as ND's have quick cuts, no pauses for rowdy audiences, etc.

I'd of course like it to be longer, but you can get a lot done in an hour... especially if you'd gotten a lot of it out of the way already (if you count the directs from May alone, that's almost an hour right there).

This is a fantastic point.

For a man that was supposed to be retiring, and then supposedly stepping out of the way so new creators could come in (and implied new IPs with it) we sure aren't hearing a lot about new blood.

I have a feeling Shiggy is one of those types of people that likes the IDEA of stepping down, but when the time comes to pass on the reigns, he holds them tighter. I personally don't have a problem with that, but I think he likes the control far more than he realizes.

miyamoto's new ip will be about a wonderful handsome genius puppeteer who is constantly harassed by horrible goblins that want him to make a new show with new puppets

jmizzal

I wonder if this is going to be like last years pre E3 direct where each region will have the same info, I hope so, I really dont wanna have to watch two feeds lol.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Wasn't it confirmed or something that Miyamoto is indeed working on a new IP?

We just don't know what it will be about or if it will be on Wii U or 3DS...Or both.

I believe he told the Associated Press that he is indeed working on a new property, but we haven't heard much more then that. I imagine what Anthony said is close to the truth, where he hasn't really had time to start any substantial work on the new property yet.

It's a big gray area for Nintendo though, and I don't see it get nearly as much attention as Retro's new title. Considering Miyamoto announced it last year though, it could potentially be ready to show at E3 (but I doubt it).

miyamoto's new ip will be about a wonderful handsome genius puppeteer who is constantly harassed by horrible goblins that want him to make a new show with new puppets

Icwhatudidthere.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom