• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop Charts July-August | Inkocalypse is coming

noshten

Two weeks in a row for NBA 2K18, seems Switch owners are thirsty for sports games. FIFA might hand around the top 5 in Europe until the end of the year.

Andyliini

Splatoon 2 seems to be very low, or not listed at all. Did that game underperform? Or is it just selling mainly physical copies?

noshten

Splatoon 2 seems to be very low, or not listed at all. Did that game underperform? Or is it just selling mainly physical copies?

I don't know what your expectations were like but without doubt it's already 3rd best selling game on the Switch. In the West MK8D and Zelda are simply much bigger games - while in Japan Splatoon 2 already has an attach rate around 80% with digital.
The game was bundled in Europe during July/August while in the US it had a bundle at Walmart for September.

I expect that it's between 2.5-3 million right now and it is exhibiting similar legs to the original.
In Japan it's already surpassed 1.3 million on Famitsu with their digital estimate(1.2 million physical). The original Splatoon sits at 1.5 million physical so the sequel will pass the original in either late October or early November.

While in NA it took 1st Spot July, in the August NPD it made the top 5 and if the Walmart bundle counts towards the September total it's going to be in the top 10. Currently for 2017 it's the 5th most ordered game on Amazon.com behind MK8D, Zelda, HZD and SMO.

We don't have much data outside of some physical sales for UK and Spain, Amazon Rankings and BIU awards. Physical sales it currently its around 60K sales in UK and 45K in Spain. In terms of Amazon Rankings its 25th for the year in UK, 9th in France and 17th in Germany.
It hasn't won a BIU award in Germany so we can conclude it's below 100K but the original only won a BIU award in September 2015, so if Splatoon 2 wins a BIU award in either September or October it would be out passing the original there.
Keep in mind that the original was actually cheaper in Europe so that factors into the better performance of Splatoon 2 overall.

I think Splatoon 2 will outsell the original this year with ease. The constant updates and big sales during holiday months will help it and it will finish the year well over 5 million with around half the sales coming from Japan.

Rafavert

Nintendo eShop Charts - as of September 28th, 2017, 13:15 CEST {2017.08.14 - 2017.09.28}

Spain + Portugal

01. NBA 2K18 (Take Two)

Since when does Portugal/Spain care for basketball....?

This has surprised me a lot. If NBA can get to the top, imagina FIFA....

Top Bottom