• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update officially released [New Update: Fixes Ridge Racer 3DS issue]

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Hey if you have a jp 3ds you get Xevious, not to mention with the addition of 2 more this Thursday, over 10 different 3d eshop apps!

Some of these eshop games are even made by American companies. no clue why there is no love for the american eshop

NOA
LOL

M3d10n

perfectchaos007 said:
cool thanks

Do you think its impossible to transfer saves or is Nintendo just being lazy?
After SudokuHax, Nintendo now encrypts/signs the saves using the key that is unique to each DSi/3DS unit (just like they do with the games themselves) so they cannot be tampered with after being exported to the SD card. Therefore, they cannot be read by a different system.

While there are some ways saves could be transferred (aka: the DSi could upload the decrypted save to a Nintendo server using a secure connection, and the 3DS would download it the same way), I don't think this will ever happen in order to prevent hackers from using the DSi as a trojan horse to hack the 3DS, if the DSi ever becomes fully compromised.

kanugo

jokkir

When do you guys think the 3DS to 3DS transfer will be available?

I think it's pretty ridiculous that it wasn't unlocked when the big update rolled in :\

Chopper

jokkir said:

I think it's pretty ridiculous that it wasn't unlocked when the big update rolled in :\
And will it include Streetpass and Activity Log data? That's what I want to know...

angelfly

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Hey if you have a jp 3ds you get Xevious, not to mention with the addition of 2 more this Thursday, over 10 different 3d eshop apps!

Some of these eshop games are even made by American companies. no clue why there is no love for the american eshop
Where did you hear that? Other than the D3 game and Witch's Cat I haven't heard any news on this weeks releases. Looks like I'm going to have to add more points on which classics they are.

Somnid

jokkir said:

Probably when there's enough reason to switch. Like new color lineup.

The Lamonster said:
So... 3D Classics. Where are they??
tumbleweed.jpg

CoolS

mclem said:
On the one hand, yay, it's the first Kirby, but on the other, it's a *tiny* game, A couple of hours at the very most. Pretty sure an experienced player could get through it in less than an hour.

KDL2, though, that's a pretty meaty affair.

Edit: Speedrun in just over 12 minutes: http://www.archive.org/details/KirbyDreamLand_1207

Yeah, Kirby's Dreamland is a very short game and I am only buying it for nostalgias sake since I played it to death back then. The sequel is really awesome though :)

CoolS

AbsoluteZero said:
When you do a DSi > 3DS transfer can you pick and choose what you want to move or does it have to be everything?

You can, but you have to select an transfer every game individually then.

angelfly said:
Where did you hear that? Other than the D3 game and Witch's Cat I haven't heard any news on this weeks releases. Looks like I'm going to have to add more points on which classics they are.

You just named an additional 2 more 3d apps that are being added this week(beyond everything else that is up there)

M3d10n

They finally added streaming videos for most (all?) retail games. Seems only Nintendo's are 3D: 3rd parties just dumped their youtube trailers there.

RaidenZR

FINALFANTASYDOG said:

I didn't even realize that the Xevious 3D Classic was out in Japan, and they also have a Mega Man title on virtual console! Seriously, what gives with these release schedule discrepancies per territory? When the publishers are the same worldwide and the titles are without licensing issues (like the ones in question), what the hell is the hold up?

So arbitrary...

GeekyDad

M3d10n said:
They finally added streaming videos for most (all?) retail games. Seems only Nintendo's are 3D: 3rd parties just dumped their youtube trailers there.

Yeah, the streams are pretty choppy for me. Only the Pokedex 3D thing ran smoothly. And yeah, it's pretty disappointing that all the third-party vids only run in 2D. Was hoping to get an idea of what Overclocked looks like in 3D.

As an aside, wasn't the original Devil Survivor rated M? It's been a while since I played it.

maeda

GeekyDad said:
Yeah, the streams are pretty choppy for me. Only the Pokedex 3D thing ran smoothly. And yeah, it's pretty disappointing that all the third-party vids only run in 2D. Was hoping to get an idea of what Overclocked looks like in 3D.

As an aside, wasn't the original Devil Survivor rated M? It's been a while since I played it.
Doesn't Overclocked have its main gameplay on the bottom screen? No 3D I thought for that one...

angelfly

RaidenZR said:
I didn't even realize that the Xevious 3D Classic was out in Japan, and they also have a Mega Man title on virtual console! Seriously, what gives with these release schedule discrepancies per territory? When the publishers are the same worldwide and the titles are without licensing issues (like the ones in question), what the hell is the hold up?

So arbitrary...
NoJ, NoA, and NoE eShops have different people running them that decide what goes up.

GeekyDad said:

No, it was definitely T.

CoolS said:
You can, but you have to select an transfer every game individually then.

Good to know, I'm thinking I'd like to keep Photo Dojo and Pictobits on my XL as Photo Dojo is best seen on a big screen and Pictobits is just downright easier to play on the bigger screen.

RaidenZR

angelfly said:
NoJ, NoA, and NoE eShops have different people running them that decide what goes up.

And it's arbitrary. There's no guarantee for any kind of parity and the Wii's shop is obviously the evidence for that. This is just an example, but technically right now there's no guarantee we'd ever see something like Xevious 3D here. They just do whatever.

watershed

Banned
The audio and video quality for streaming videos in the eshop is so bad is actually makes the games less appealing.

About Overclocked, that does kinds suck. Just another in a long list of "release window" low quality ports and rush jobs.

All right we got gargoyles quest here in Japan today for the nice price of 400 yen!

All is right with the world.

Also apparently vector racing is being ported to eshop with a release date this July(in Japan)

mzl.tuwulxuz.320x480-75.jpg

RaidenZR said:
And it's arbitrary. There's no guarantee for any kind of parity and the Wii's shop is obviously the evidence for that. This is just an example, but technically right now there's no guarantee we'd ever see something like Xevious 3D here. They just do whatever.

seems like NoA thinks were all still flat broke or something. even the Euro store shitted on us last week when they got Double Dragon.

Like this one guy on GameFAQs posted, they could release a strong title every week for at least the Gameboy for 2 years straight. dont know why they're sitting on their hands with this. press the button and let us throw our money at you.....

kanugo

Going to buy Kirby and Zelda later this week.

I don't have any problem using a credit card, but does anyone know when the cards will be available in Europe?

M3d10n

GeekyDad said:
What?! So, then what the heck is the purpose of even bringing it to 3DS?
The game has voice acting now, due to the larger 3DS carts, and updated the 2D art and UI to make use of the higher resolution. Pretty much the same treatment a DS->PSP port would get (but easier to make since they still have two screens). With the bonus that 3DS carts cannot be pirated (games like Devil Survivor are the most affected).

artwalknoon said:
The audio and video quality for streaming videos in the eshop is so bad is actually makes the games less appealing.

About Overclocked, that does kinds suck. Just another in a long list of "release window" low quality ports and rush jobs.
The 3D videos are very compressed, yes, but the 2D ones are completely fine. Smooth framerate and I barely see any compression artifacts.

Greymanic

Neo Member
kanugo said:
Going to buy Kirby and Zelda later this week.

I don't have any problem using a credit card, but does anyone know when the cards will be available in Europe?

As far as I'm aware no word yet, but the local Gamestop said they'd heard nothing except that the eshop was out and the older points cards wouldn't function with it.

So...I doubt anytime soon.

kanugo

Greymanic said:
As far as I'm aware no word yet, but the local Gamestop said they'd heard nothing except that the eshop was out and the older points cards wouldn't function with it.

So...I doubt anytime soon.
Thanks. Man, that sucks for people without access to a credit card.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
If I own Kirby Superstar Ultra, then I have no need to buy Kirby's Dreamland, do I?

I actually agree with this, as after the amazing Kirby Superstar Ultra, Kirby's Dreamland is going to seem like a horrible game.

Top Bottom