• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Force Issue #2

Glass Rebel

IhCkLw0.png
GcP2u9a.png

Well, this is out and I'm reading it atm. I don't know what the exact guidelines are so I'll go with review scores and other bits.

New Staff

Brett Martin - VG collector and owner of Video Game Memorabilia Museum
Emily Rogers - Writer for Not Enough Shaders, indie supporter and GAF favourite
Lindsey Layne King - TheSpeedGamers artist
Tony Ponce - Destructoid writer, new column "Then & Now"

Features

"How to become an eShop developer"
a guide by Emily Rogers

"From 1 to 2"
How to make a sequel, Nintendo Force favourite sequels and short interviews with Gaijin Games, Zen Studios, Two Tribes and Renegade Kid about their experience with sequel-making.

"The 30 Years of Luigi"
History of Luigi from 1983 to 2013.

"Then & Now: Castlevania"

Interview

Sean Velasco of Yacht Club Games (ex-WayForward) about Shovel Knight

Reviews

Luigi's Mansion (2): Dark Moon (3DS) - 9.5
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS) - 4.5
LEGO City Undercover (Wii U) - 8.5
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U/3DS) - In Progress
Pandora's Tower (Wii) - 6.0
Naruto: Powerful Shippuden (3DS) - 8.0
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (3DS) - 8.5
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (3DS) - 9.0
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (3DS) - 7.0
Hyrule Historia (Book) - 9.5

You can buy Nintendo Force here

I always want to buy magazines like this but the price is just to high for me to pay for a magazine. Unfortunately I'm sure that's what the have to charge for make a worthwhile profit off of it.

Glass Rebel

I totally missed the feature by Emily about how to become an eShop developer

even Ber(t)il is mentioned :)

A Wind Waker HD preview? We know jack sit about it.

Is it new stuff?

I'll check in a sec

edit: not really, nothing that we didn't get from Nintendo Direct.

oti

Banned
Just bought it for the first time. Just 4€? Why not. Scanned through the pages, everything's well designed. No ads! Which is so bewildering to me (I work for a print gaming magazine myself). I wish you all the best NF.

NFreak

A yearly six issue print subscription is 30 bucks for those that don't know. Single issues are expensive because they are print on demand with no ads.

Glass Rebel

Emily's article/feature about eShop development is pretty good.

I think we knew that already but it seems to have a very friendly approval process, especially compared to Microsoft.

mackattk

Just subbed for a digital subscription. This may be a stupid question, but how do I gain access to this month's magazine? I looked at magcloud, and only see my first months magazine there.

Glass Rebel

Just subbed for a digital subscription. This may be a stupid question, but how do I gain access to this month's magazine? I looked at magcloud, and only see my first months magazine there.

Check your e-mail, you should have gotten a mail by Lucas Thomas.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Only just had a quick skim-through of this issue so far, but very impressed with the amount of content. I found the "How to become an eShop developer" article really informative. I'm pleased a magazine like this still exists in the digital age.

I was dumb enough to opt for print version, so a waiting I will do.

Pandora's Tower (Wii) - 6.0
This game is so misunderstood, I'm going to love it so much.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (3DS) - 7.0
I cancelled my preorder yesterday. I've heard it's even easier than previous game, how is such a thing possible? I thought it would give me SOME kind of Mystery Dungeon fix, but I decided to not punish myself with it, it would just make me sad that there's no Torneko or Shiren game on the horizon (and if there was, it wouldn't come out here).

Maybe if word that SpotPass dungeons or DLC dungeons are real Mystery Dungeon fare gets out, I'll buy it on sale sometime.

Yeah, nothing. I sent them an email about it, hopefully will hear back soon. Thanks!
If you just now subscribed, then you will not get an issue until issue #3 is out. Sorry.

Anywayz: 1/4 of the way through and loving it! Was having a problem viewing the pdf on my iPad because they sent a high quality version that made alot of text dissapear but they sent me a low quality version after emailing them so I'm finally reading it.

Reading the digital versions and keeping all physical versions sealed.

Loved the eShop article. Really love the whole magazine. I read through the first issue so fast that I was shocked. Reading through issue 2 just as fast. :D

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Oh then I'll probably purchase issue 1 & 2 since I just subbed.

Wiz

Just got my copy in the mail yesterday. Very pretty magazine to say the least lol, going through it atm.

Top Bottom