• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo has changed the Princess Peach Showtime artwork to make Peach look angrier

Saber

Gold Member
Found this unnecessary imo.
I mean, she could be at some point angry looking in the game(I don't mind as this may be related to the fact that she changed to a focused person, practicer of fight arts). But I don't think it was necessary to change that in the artwork. Even her main face was changed sightly...so theres probably a reason for that.

Last edited:

Moses85

She looks nicer now! Cute asf!!
comedy central pervert GIF by The Other Two

TBH the changed expression for her in the karate gi is perfect; who smiles like a toy doll when kicking someone through a wall? A little angry in her face is way more suitable.

But the angry expression for her on the cover gives me Bowsette-transformation vibes. That's nice too, in its own way, if you've seen the "fanart" 😉

Crayon

TBH the changed expression for her in the karate gi is perfect; who smiles like a toy doll when kicking someone through a wall? A little angry in her face is way more suitable.

But the angry expression for her on the cover gives me Bowsette-transformation vibes. That's nice too, in its own way, if you've seen the "fanart" 😉

I was enjoying the bowsette fan art for about 30 seconds before it took a turn for the horny.

Astral Dog

Yeah but the Karate pic doesn't really fit Peach's 'persona' imo,there are game characters who are happy fighting and kicking ass, i imagined princess Peach would be like them rather than expressing anger

I like the other change though its an improvment, i imagine princess Peach will look a lot more expressive than she is ever been on next generation 🥰

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Huge downgrade... fortunately I'm sure the devs of the actual game aren't the ones changing it, and it's just art for the international box trying to appeal to idiots who like Dreamworks movie characters.

Nothing is more boring and obnoxious than the "smirk face" that every damn CGI design has these days. Combine it with the slightly sassy girlboss side that it invokes in the Peach movie character and damn, somehow she's even more generic now than even her worst N64 renders.

EDIT:

dreamworks-face-collage.png

...nothing is more generic than the damn cgi smirk face. I can't imagine anything less than a 300lb moviegoer with a giant soda and gap between their ears in front of these designs, including the Peach face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom