• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo increased presence at Toys R Us for Holidays

bodine1231

9MCDY3bl_zps86a3d2b3.jpg

What is that? Is that a cat goomba plushie!? (cause I want one)

All those Wii Party U games are just crying "Somebody buy me"

Small CSB:

Over here in Bogota, Colombia, Wii U Party costs 129.000 COP (over 66 USD). The wiimote by itself costs 139.000 COP (72 USD). The Wiimote costs MORE than buying then game that comes with one free.

The wiimote still outsells Wii U Party, even though both are clearly visible and in the same aisle. To my knowledge, a certain store near me has never even needed to restock Wii U Party, ever.

Why?!

And even with sections as big as those, there's not only a single customer interested on the console. Embarrassing to say the least.

Davey Cakes

Small CSB:

Over here in Bogota, Colombia, Wii U Party costs 129.000 COP (over 66 USD). The wiimote by itself costs 139.000 COP (72 USD). The Wiimote costs MORE than buying then game that comes with one free.

The wiimote still outsells Wii U Party, even though both are clearly visible and in the same aisle. To my knowledge, a certain store near me has never even needed to restock Wii U Party, ever.

Why?!
It's a great party game and a tremendous value. Deserves better.

BowieZ

Banned

Here's a closer look. I can make out all but one
Looks like the others are Donkey Kong (NES) and Trine 2.

And even with sections as big as those, there's not only a single customer interested on the console. Embarrassing to say the least.
Do you mean a TRU you went to had nobody interested, or are you commenting on the photos ITT only? Because the photos show a store that is not open to the public lol

Daknight

Toys R' Us is also the only one getting a 'substantial' Wii U black friday price. The are the only ones with a 259.99 Skylander Wii U bundle.

All the other stores will have it at 299.99. I would had giving that special price to Walmart also at least. Two big stores would had benefit it. Still this is a nice start and last time I was in Toys R' Us, two people where buying the Wii U as gift and they did have the demo station right beside the cash register. Impossible to not see it.

Chairhome

9MCDY3bl_zps86a3d2b3.jpg

What is that? Is that a cat goomba plushie!? (cause I want one)

Empty promo boxes. That was the first thing that caught my eye, the render of the Cat Luigi on the other side of the box looked so real i thought it was a plush and was going to pick one up. :(

There's plenty of interest. As I said earlier, my wife got the last of the bundled consoles there. They're probably saving some for Black Friday since they have them in the ads. These pictures were taken at 11pm at night, the store was closing at 12am.

starmud

i'd imagine this is a high volume toys r us to get this treatment, but none the less a impressive up do for retail showings.

i know my chain of stores will be re launching our electronics section next year, which will include an all new video game layout and design. given the relationship our chain has with nintendo, i'd hope to see them put work into a flashier presence in their shelf space. im glad we can finally get rid of the awful 3DS launch display.

Kinda off topic, though seeing TRU & Nintendo in the same title made me wonder.
why has Nintendo always been so crappy about toys in the US at least?

Sendou

I think Nintendo has the right idea. Wii U is not fundamentally flawed product. They just need more people to get their hands on it. Especially when we're talking about something as good as Super Mario 3D World. I believe that will also help clearing any confusions surrounding the name.

Now they need to step their game up in Europe.

Does toys r us even get much foot traffic anymore? I've been in there a few times over the past few years when theres a good game sale and its like a ghost town in there. They were better off putting more emphasis on Target and Wal-Mart IMO. Maybe even Best Buy as well.

Top Bottom