• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo lists the 23 games launching w/ WiiU on Nov 18 [Post-Launch Day List Added]

Since people seem to be fixating on it, here's the day one US retail launch lineups for every HD (and qHD!) system minus ports and multiplats:

Xbox 360
Amped 3 (2K Sports)
Kameo: Elements of Power (MGS)
Perfect Dark Zero (MGS)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (MGS)
Ridge Racer 6 (Namco) * later ported to PS3

PlayStation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade (SCE)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (Namco Bandai)
Resistance: Fall of Man (SCE)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (SOE)

PS Vita
Dynasty Warriors Next (Tecmo Koei)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (SCE) * later ported to PS3
Little Deviants (SCE)
Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Ubisoft)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip (SCE)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE)

Wii U
ESPN Sports Connection (Ubisoft)
Game Party Champions (Warner Bros.)
New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
Rabbids Land (Ubisoft)
SiNG Party (Nintendo)
ZombiU (Ubisoft)

WipEout Vita wasn't a port and neither was Fifa I don't think. at least not a straight port from anything else which is kind of funny since from what I have heard Fifa 13 sounds like it is just Fifa vita with roster update.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
CARS will be great but it has no open world right?
Right. Though it's a sim, so we can spare it the open-world-ness.

Fuck that, why isn't there a 1st party launch racer (F-Zero, Wave Race, Excite)? This is the first Nintendo console not to launch (window!) with one. :(
I just bought the other day Excite Truck PAL (I have an NTSC Wii) so I'd have a good arcade racer to play on my new PAL WiiU. True story.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Most people who were interested in Arkham City already own the game, and it is one year old already, so i dont see how it will even be one of the best sellers.

You underestimate the brand power of Batman, especially considering TDKR should hit BluRay/DVD this holiday season. Not to mention there are still tons of gamers who have yet to play Arkham City, and the game is fricken awesome. Any Wii-only owner should be picking it up day one.

Drago

Will be getting (most of these)

NSMBU
Nintendo Land
Sonic Racing
Scribblenauts
Tekken
Assassins Creed
Rayman whenever that comes out (why not day 1, Ubi? :[ )

It's a good launch for sure :)

codhand

Day one US retail launch lineups for every HD (and qHD!) system:

Xbox 360

PlayStation 3

PS Vita

This really puts in perspective how good this lineup is, ports or not, they do still have a unique controller, and quality exclusives. While the controller is not revolutionary, it is certainly different from a standard controller.

Also no real mention of NintendoLand, which has been getting very positive impressions. No one will care that NG3's framerate sucks, when your entire family is playing NintendoLand at Thanksgiving.

I agree about wanting the Wonderful 101 at launch, but I doubt the public at large cares about it.

To those saying the lineup sucks could someone point out the better one from that list above?

Going off exclusives, 360 and PS3 had equally poor (or worse) launch lineups. Most post-1990s launches tend to go like this, it's always portmania. Expect the same for XB3 and PS4.

He's not comparing launches. He's comparing current situations. The Wii U isn't launching against the 360/PS3 launch. As it stands against the current 360/PS3, it can't match them. That's what he's referring to.

To those saying the lineup sucks could someone point out the better one from that list above?

I don't think I could, although I don't think that's saying much. The Wii U isn't launching against those line-ups, it's launching against systems that already have half the games on this list, among other exclusives.

codhand

I don't think I could, although I don't think that's saying much. it's launching against systems that already have half the games on this list

This is a losing argument especially when you factor in good exclusives and a unique method of control. Basically no one can point out the better lineup because it doesn't exist.

To say what can be considered the best launch lineup ever "isn't saying much" is disingenuous.

Is it the best or not, that's what we we're discussing and I think the listing of lineups over the last eight years proves that this is the best.

I own all systems and handhelds, I loved Vita's launch, but this is better by far.

WipEout Vita wasn't a port and neither was Fifa I don't think. at least not a straight port from anything else which is kind of funny since from what I have heard Fifa 13 sounds like it is just Fifa vita with roster update.
I cut WipEout by accident. :(

Conversions are still ports. FIFA Vita included.

He's not comparing launches. He's comparing current situations. The Wii U isn't launching against the 360/PS3 launch. As it stands against the current 360/PS3, it can't match them. That's what he's referring to.
This isn't really unusual either. Xbox 360 launch wasn't great stacked up against PS2's or a gaming PC's current lineup then. Again, expect the same next year for Sony & MS.

I don't think I could, although I don't think that's saying much. The Wii U isn't launching against those line-ups, it's launching against systems that already have half the games on this list, among other exclusives.

How is that different to, say, 360 launching in 2005?

I assume we're going to see all these arguments reappear when 720 and PS4 launch?

This is a losing argument especially when you factor in good exclusives and a unique method of control. Basically no one can point out the better lineup because it doesn't exist.

To say what can be considered the best launch lineup ever "isn't saying much" is disingenuous.

I can't point to a better line-up of THOSE consoles. Now if we opened the floor to ALL consoles, I can tell you close to half a dozen I liked quite a bit more.

pvpness

Zombi U, AC3, Blops2, Scribblenauts, NSMBU. Maybe Batman, maybe NG3.

Gonna be a long wait to W101/Pikmin3/MH but hopefully I'll be occupied with the launch stuff.

Great line-up for me.

Shiggy

I think it's a pretty strong lineup, if you haven't played some of the ports before. I'm actually most interested in Sing Party because I like the developer :D
But then I'm also not too interested in the rest of the lineup, which coincides with my general disinterest in the current games offered. Only Broken Sword 5 was able to spark my interest this year...

codhand

I can't point to a better line-up of THOSE consoles. Now if we opened the floor to ALL consoles, I can tell you close to half a dozen I liked quite a bit more.

I was trying to think about that too, I didn't wanna say beyond eight years cause I'm too old to remember, but out of curiosity what were you thinking was better if we're looking at "all-time"?

I cut WipEout by accident. :(

Conversions are still ports. FIFA Vita included.

This isn't really unusual either. Xbox 360 launch wasn't great stacked up against PS2's or a gaming PC's current lineup then. Again, expect the same next year for Sony & MS.

The difference being that 360 and PS3 launch games looked like titles you couldn't get on the past consoles. Wii U's issue is that their launch games look like everything we've been playing for 7 years. When next Xbox and PS4 come out, the games may be sparse, but they're going to have the added benefit of looking like games you could never get on a 360/PS3/WiiU

What I am getting at launch:

Deluxe WiiU-Nintendoland pack-in

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition or Call of Duty Black Ops 2. (I know my Fiance will want BLOPS 2 and I have the ps3 version of Batman.)

Darksiders 2

Assassin's Creed 3

What I am getting eventually:

Aliens colonial Marines

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

New Super Mario Bros. U

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Toki Tori 2

The Wonderful 101

ZombiU

Expensive list, need more money.

The difference being that 360 and PS3 launch games looked like titles you couldn't get on the past consoles. Wii U's issue is that their launch games look like everything we've been playing for 7 years. When next Xbox and PS4 come out, the games may be sparse, but they're going to have the added benefit of looking like games you could never get on a 360/PS3/WiiU
PS3? Uh, might want to reconsider that one, it easily had the least impressive launch lineup in recent memory.

Why limit to consoles? Gaming PCs are more common than ever with the rise of Steam and that trend is just going continue. I'd also say the "jump" for most launch PS4/XB3 stuff is going to be less than most expect, you'll see lots of current gen ports with the same assets.

codhand

Yes, instead they will look like the games we've been playing on Steam for five years.

Yes, instead they will look like the games we've been playing on Steam for five years.

Yeah, but now they'll sell well.

PS3? Uh, might want to reconsider that one, it easily had the least impressive launch lineup in recent memory.

It's not about content, it's about the graphical jump, which is often needed to push people to overspend for new consoles. PS3 definitely showed it well despite being an incredibly bad launch.

nice lineup...

For me personally it is missing that ONE killer ap (Mario 64 caliber) to make it a launch purchase, so i am content waiting a few more months(or years even)

AGITΩ

It's a pretty good launch line up.
Launch I'll be picking up Assassin's Creed III and Epic Mickey 2
With Eventuals being Scribblenauts, NSMBU and Maybe Batman if I feel like the features are double dipable. I'll hold off on Zombie U until I hear how long the campaign is.

What was a gaming PCs current lineup then?

Passing on launch. Nothing screams "must have at $60", and software price cuts won't likely happen until late next year due to the launch.

It's not about content, it's about the graphical jump, which is often needed to push people to overspend for new consoles. PS3 definitely showed it well despite being an incredibly bad launch.
How were mostly inferior 360 ports a graphical jump? Gears 1 shit all over the entire PS3 launch lineup visually.

What was a gaming PCs current lineup then?
Most of the games on 360 and a lot more.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Since the other thread is filled with rage posts, anyone else think the fact that ME3 is now dated "launch window" could mean that they're thinking of releasing the ME Trilogy instead? It's the only logical reason i can think of about this "shocking" news.

Since the other thread is filled with rage posts, anyone else think the fact that ME3 is now dated "launch window" could mean that they're thinking of releasing the ME Trilogy instead? It's the only logical reason i can think of about this "shocking" news.

Not in a million years will you see that happen.

Wipeout 3 as a Wii U exclusive makes me want to fucking KILL MYSELF, as a gamer. I'm a hardcore Wipeout fan, and that is JUST disgusting.

Why not? It's the only thing that could save their asses from this whole shitstorm. They already had enough of this with ME3 ending, i doubt they want another one.

Shitstorm? It was their biggest seller. Think they care about a few people whining about endings on gaming forums? The reason why I said 'never' though is that ME1 is a Microsoft published title.

Wipeout 3 as a Wii U exclusive makes me want to fucking KILL MYSELF, as a gamer. I'm a hardcore Wipeout fan, and that is JUST disgusting.

Joke post?

Skiesofwonder

AGITΩ;42562685 said:
It's a pretty good launch line up.
Launch I'll be picking up Assassin's Creed III and Epic Mickey 2
With Eventuals being Scribblenauts, NSMBU and Maybe Batman if I feel like the features are double dipable. I'll hold off on Zombie U until I hear how long the campaign is.

ZombiU is suppose to be 16-20 hours long, but we shall see.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Shitstorm? It was their biggest seller. Think they care about a few people whining about endings on gaming forums? The reason why I said 'never' though is that ME1 is a Microsoft published title.

But they're releasing the Trilogy on PS3, this isn't an issue anymore.

And they cared enough to release a free extended cut for the ending and a DLC that explain more about Reapers, which is part of the issue people had with the ending.

But they're releasing the Trilogy on PS3, this isn't an issue anymore.

And they cared enough to release an extended cut and a DLC that explain more about the Reapers.

I respectfully apologize then. I had no idea they were doing that. In that case, I hope you're right. Just releasing ME3 to users that may never have played the first two does seem rather stupid. Hopefully if they do this they spend a lot of time updating the visuals of the first (framerate) and use the touchpad wisely. I'd actually considering rebuying if they did that.

Skiesofwonder

I think it's too late into the game to be porting Mass Effect one and two, along with finishing three for WiiU, and have it out within launch window, much less this Holiday season. I think the more likely opition is the Trilogy to be released later on for WiiU, though I doubt that as well.

Such as? I see COD2 and Q4 being the obvious answers, but what else? Did the PC receive ports of the 360 sports games?

edit: why did you cut out Condemned?
360 sports games? You mean those uprezzed PS2 games?

Condemned was developed and always planned as multi, even though 360 got a nice little window for the fiscal year.

MarkusRJR

So Mass Effect 3: SE ($60) isn't a launch game while Mass Effect Trilogy goes literally everywhere else (along with the once MS exclusive ME1) for the same price more than a month earlier. EA is so fucking stupid I can't even handle it.

This is a surprisingly strong launch lineup. I'm trying to think of one that's stronger, but I'm drawing a blank. There's no killer app (for me, at least) but I can appreciate that there won't be a lack of anything to play.

Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
ZombiU
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Assassin's Creed 3
Skylanders Giants
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
Ninja Gaiden 3
Just Dance 4
Disney's Epic Mickey 2
FIFA 13
SiNG PARTY

Say what you will about the launch window but launch day is actually extremely solid, definitely the best launch Nintendo has had in years. Truly is something for everyone. Sad to see Wonderful 101, Rayman and Pikmin 3 will miss launch day but that was to be expected.

Sucks that U.S. doesn't launch with Monster Hunter HD and the Dragon Quest beta like Japan does.

andthebeatgoeson

Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
ZombiU
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Assassin's Creed 3
Skylanders Giants
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
Ninja Gaiden 3
Just Dance 4
Disney's Epic Mickey 2
FIFA 13
SiNG PARTY

Say what you will about the launch window but launch day is actually extremely solid, definitely the best launch Nintendo has had in years. Truly is something for everyone. Sad to see Wonderful 101, Rayman and Pikmin 3 will miss launch day but that was to be expected.

Sucks that U.S. doesn't launch with Monster Hunter HD and the Dragon Quest beta like Japan does.
Pikmin and wonderful are the bone for everybody hungry in a few months. Yet, where is madden? I won't buy it but WTF are they doing? It may be a few weeks late but interest in football, in december, is low. College is over and waiting for bowls and playoff seeds are being set. Not exactly the run up to september baseball, it's kind of bleak.

Top Bottom