• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America registers "www.TheLastStory.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemo

Yaweee said:
I'm not at all worried about this or Xenoblade not coming to America. I honestly don't understand what people are worrying over.
You are setting yourself up for complete disappointment.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Of course Xenoblade is coming to America
When I import my PAL copy :(

FoneBone

Drkirby said:
The site was registered 2010-04-24

It was brought up a number of time in the Xenoblade topic. The game will most likely come IMO, but this isn't new.
Yup. Says nothing meaningful at all.

antonz

Didnt they say last year that this year would be a period where they brought over a bunch of Japan games? Its obvious outsideof Zelda that the Wii Teams moved on to better stuff so its back catalogue time for NA/EU

They have been redirecting since sometime last year. I guess no one ever mentioned this outside of IRC's? lol

Now we just need some Reginleiv and I'll be happy.

Slime

Banned
I've fallen for a few too many fake ARG gamejacks in my day, so I'm kind of suspicious. First thing I noticed was that the Whois is inconsistent with a lot of Nintendo sites. The format is off, and a reverse IP check reveals that thousands of other sites share the same IPs, which is usually indicative of a generic (non-business related) domain registration. Nintendo domains, from what I can gather, usually resolve to show other Nintendo domains. Also, Nintendo's name servers generally link back to Nintendo themselves, while this one's seem to have belong to a company called Melbourne IT, a open-to-all domain name registrar based in Australia.

So I'm calling fake on this. Someone probably just registered it, hoping to cause a stir.

Ezalc

MidnightScott said:
They have been redirecting since sometime last year. I guess no one ever mentioned this outside of IRC's? lol

Now we just need some Reginleiv and I'll be happy.

I want Captain Rainbow damn it.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
antonz said:
Didnt they say last year that this year would be a period where they brought over a bunch of Japan games? Its obvious outsideof Zelda that the Wii Teams moved on to better stuff so its back catalogue time for NA/EU
Wasn't it just Iwata talking about DS games?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Chemo said:
For reference:

Domain Name.......... mother3.com
Creation Date........ 1999-08-21
Registration Date.... 2009-07-05
Expiry Date.......... 2011-08-21
Organisation Name.... Nintendo of America Inc.
Organisation Address. 4820 150th Ave NE
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Redmond
Organisation Address. 98052
Organisation Address. WA
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES
Fuck you.

Chemo

Yaweee said:
I'm setting myself up for completely satisfied expectations.
Based on what, exactly? There's literally nothing to go on besides Nintendo of America's localization track record, which is abysmal. Blind faith isn't what gets games localized.

Yaweee

Chemo said:
Based on what, exactly? There's literally nothing to go on besides Nintendo of America's localization track record, which is abysmal. Blind faith isn't what gets games localized.

In Xenoblade's case, if a game is on the US release schedule (although TBD), and has just recently had an official announcement of the EU version, I take that as about a good of a sign as there could be.

For The Last Story's case, it is way too early to worry. It came out, what, two or three months ago in Japan? Shit takes time, and Nintendo don't give a fuck about announcing things way in advance anymore.

Ezalc

MidnightScott said:
You'll have to wait for a fan translation patch then. :/

Yeah I know I'm not worried. At least whenever that comes out I'll shut the fuck up about the game.

farnham

Banned
this is such a good game.

people say that xenoblade is the better game because of its vast landscape

but man the combat system of this just eats every JRPG alive. its so refreshing and great.

also it has no grinding. some people might hate it for that but compared to the grindfest that is pokemon, DQ or yes.. xenoblade... this is so much more convenient to play.

story is a tad cheesy but aside of that... great great game!

daffy

Banned
Chemo said:
For reference:

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA
Somebody with power delete this shit

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
0522441001302036004.jpg

thefro

I will take a perm ban from GAF if The Last Story and Xenoblade aren't out in the US by the end of 2012.

Chemo

Yaweee said:
In Xenoblade's case, if a game is on the US release schedule (although TBD), and has just recently had an official announcement of the EU version, I take that as about a good of a sign as there could be.

For The Last Story's case, it is way too early to worry. It came out, what, two or three months ago in Japan? Shit takes time, and Nintendo don't give a fuck about announcing things way in advance anymore.
I see one 'if' and one 'it's way too early to worry,' neither of which qualify as legitimate evidence to me. I think I'll stay on the realism train so I'm not disappointed in the future.

FTH said:
Somebody with power delete this shit
What the hell

qq more

Chemo said:
For reference:

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA
The thing that puzzles me here is "2009". What were they doing with Mother 3 at such a late year?

Vinci

Danish
Chemo said:
For reference:

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA

I hate you for this post and I even feel you make an excellent point with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom