• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America release a George Floyd/BLM statement

carlosrox

Banned
And the usual suspects continue to go about comparing and dick measuring PR statements amongst billion dollar companies.

They "spoke up" now. Quit crying and shut the fuck up about it. Move onto the next faux outrage.

"That's not a black background"
"Where's the BLM hashtag"
"It's alright"

And double matching donations wasn't already enough for them.

Piss off, grow up.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
And the usual suspects continue to go about comparing and dick measuring PR statements amongst billion dollar companies.

They "spoke up" now. Quit crying and shut the fuck up about it. Move onto the next faux outrage.

"It's alright"

Piss off, grow up.
Who are you talking to exactly?

kretos

Banned
After all the pressure they finally cracked and released a statement

AngelicUnripeArcticfox-size_restricted.gif

REE Machine

Banned

"It's alright"

Piss off, grow up.
Speaking of someone who needs to grow up.....

TheContact

Hey at least they kept to their color scheme. I have zero problem with companies coming out to support anti-racist movements as long as they're actually doing something about it (in the form of a fund, etc...) and not just virtue signaling.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
May have been the best response from the gaming community, everyone is critizing SONY right now and delay their products but it's proven consoles have released in tough situations before.

sevoro

I honestly didn't think they would do it, guess I was wrong. Well it's nice to see the gaming moguls united.

Great statement, I like that they included “shared humanity” because it’s important to realize we are all human and deserve equal treatment. Right now the focus is on black lives but hopefully everyone walks away from this with an understanding that we all need to treat each other with more compassion and dignity.

MiguelItUp

Wooo, big surprise! I wondered if they waited a day later to "be different", lol.

Is Square/Enix the only developer/publisher that donated money or did something other than "insert name here"?

Last edited:

Paracelsus

I mean... whats the value of saying the same everyone says, when no fuckin single person in earth is saying 'I stand with the cop'.

I hate when common sense is treated like gold.

Argument ad populum results in brainwashing of the masses.
This isn't even political, look at Sony and the nonsense about the SSD, or the Pokemon SWSH scam.

carlosrox

Banned
Speaking of someone who needs to grow up.....

I'm not the one crying about PR statements that billion dollar corporations make or don't make.

And then after one is made people continue to compare different corporations' PR statements like they're fucking baseball cards.

I'm not saying Nintendo shouldn't make a statement, and I'm not saying they should.

"They NEED to say something" is bullshit.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
I'm not the one crying about PR statements that billion dollar corporations make or don't make.

And then after one is made people continue to compare different corporations' PR statements like they're fucking baseball cards.

I'm not saying Nintendo shouldn't make a statement, and I'm not saying they should.

"They NEED to say something" is bullshit.
Nah they need to say something because not only are they a company that we look to for entertainment but they also have millions of employees that may be dealing with issues like this and for some it may hit home to them. Knowing a corporation no matter how big or small supports their employees as well as the people they put products out for goes a long way than staying silent and not doing anything. If my boss didnt have my back but we shared a mutual respect for one another...well that respect can be broken quite quickly

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Nah they need to say something because not only are they a company that we look to for entertainment but they also have millions of employees that may be dealing with issues like this and for some it may hit home to them. Knowing a corporation no matter how big or small supports their employees as well as the people they put products out for goes a long way than staying silent and not doing anything. If my boss didnt have my back but we shared a mutual respect for one another...well that respect can be broken quite quickly

It just reeks of some kind of insecurity to me. Like I can't comfortably get gas at Chevron, buy a meal at Subway, or play Nintendo games unless I know they put out some obvious PR statement denouncing racism? And if they don't put one out I default them as racists? Doesn't make any logical sense. So what, everybody assumed Nintendo was anti-black til today??

To 99% of people aside from outright racist assholes, this shit is obvious and should be the default. I don't go around assuming people around me are racist, and I don't go around assuming companies who don't make PR statements about the latest issue are against them.

Nintendo isn't a person, even this statement ultimately means nothing. You think there aren't some closet racists somewhere in all these companies putting out statements? This statement in the end changes nothing. If an employee there was outed as a racist before this I'm pretty sure they'd get fired, just like most businesses. Guess what would happen to a racist after this statement? The exact same thing.

Nothing changed, they just stated the obvious.

Everyone in the world should just carry a "I'm not a racist" ID card. Even racists. That'll solve all the problems.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
It just reeks of some kind of insecurity to me. Like I can't comfortably get gas at Chevron, buy a meal at Subway, or play Nintendo games unless I know they put out some obvious PR statement denouncing racism? And if they don't put one out I default them as racists? Doesn't make any logical sense. So what, everybody assumed Nintendo was anti-black til today??

To 99% of people aside from outright racist assholes, this shit is obvious and should be the default. I don't go around assuming people around me are racist, and I don't go around assuming companies who don't make PR statements about the latest issue are against them.

Nintendo isn't a person, even this statement ultimately means nothing. You think there aren't some closet racists somewhere in all these companies putting out statements? This statement in the end changes nothing. If an employee there was outed as a racist before this I'm pretty sure they'd get fired, just like most businesses. Guess what would happen to a racist after this statement? The exact same thing.

Nothing changed, they just stated the obvious.

Everyone in the world should just carry a "I'm not a racist" ID card. Even racists. That'll solve all the problems.
I think the only one insecure is you, your thinking of yourself but not the millions of people this may affect and a statement like this can help bring a sense of hope for them and their employees. If they dont release one it doesnt mean they are racist, but it hurts no one that they release one. Just triggers some people for some reason...im not sure who but it does.....

carlosrox

Banned
a statement like this can help bring a sense of hope for them and their employees.

How?

I can't wait for Quizno's to put out a statement, it will really empower me.

I think the only one insecure is you

What exactly am I insecure about? I'm pretty damn secure. I don't look for things that aren't there and whine about capitalism 364 days out of the year only to do a 180 and suddenly look to mega corps 1 day out of the year to complete me.

Do people realize how stupid they look? They're completely contradicting their usual song and dance.

People hate capitalism and billion dollar conglomerates until the time comes for them to make obvious PR statements that support them.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Probably talking about comments like this from era :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy:
Era didn't even realize white ON black text is inherently racist. It's basically a dogwhistle, and not even a subtle one. I'm appalled they didn't pick this up on the spot.

Good for Nintendo for keeping to their brand colors, and for making possibly the best statement of the bunch.

carlosrox

Banned
Honestly, I don't see much reason to praise nor condemn this statement.

Both sides are as idiotic as the other, really.

I don't care they put out a statement, and I would care just as little if they didn't.

It's their choice.

kiphalfton

Hey at least they kept to their color scheme. I have zero problem with companies coming out to support anti-racist movements as long as they're actually doing something about it (in the form of a fund, etc...) and not just virtue signaling.

Not like they're obligated to say or do anything. But people expect it of them... well "expect" is putting it lightly as they are otherwise condemned if they don't say anything. These companies can't win. Good thing it's about money, and not principles.

Top Bottom