• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

Empty

killer_clank said:
Except on little games that they release months before America...

How can they release Disaster, Tingle, Another Code Wii, buying goodwill, then fuck up on the real shit. How? HOOOOOWWW? Those 19 days between the US and UK release dates of Mario are going to be hell.

Empty said:
How can they release Disaster, Tingle, Another Code Wii, buying goodwill, then fuck up on the real shit. How? HOOOOOWWW? Those 19 days between the US and UK release dates are going to be hell.

Exactly. It beggars belief.

nintendolife said:
06:11:07 -

Dazza got an A-rank. He's a gaming legend!

06:10:07 -

It's a disc game that looks very colourful, motion controlled

06:08:08 -

Darren is about to play Flingsmash, a MotionPlus pinball platformer with one to one movement.

Heh, FlingSmash even has a lettered ranking system like Sonic's. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Empty said:
How can they release Disaster, Tingle, Another Code Wii, buying goodwill, then fuck up on the real shit. How? HOOOOOWWW? Those 19 days between the US and UK release dates of Mario are going to be hell.
Why don't you just play Disaster, Tingle and Another Code Wii during those 19 days?

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
S&P2 is not what I was talking about.
They don't want to push SMG2 just after they've released MH Tri. Now they've got at least a little bit more time.
They really want to push Monster Hunter 3-Tri but even after I've played it at NoE, I still don't think it'll be a big hit.

VOOK said:
Least you guys HAVE release dates, we've got NOTHING.
Poor Australians :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
Least you guys HAVE release dates, we've got NOTHING.

The Australia one was awesome.

"Monster Hunter 3 is coming but we dont know when. Here's no footage or games. Oh, and the rest of the world gets to play Metroid. Seeya!"

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mafro said:
First/second week of July for Metroid would be fine. Anything later and I'll be importing.

I'm not even allowing that, either give me a firm date or I make other arrangments.

Shiggy

Reknoc said:
Huh. There was no mention of the Monster Hunter Tri bundle or demo for Europe...

No demo, but two bundles -> WiiSpeak+game+CC Pro (limited bundle) & CC Pro + game (as announced before).

Empty

BGBW said:
Why don't you just play Disaster, Tingle and Another Code Wii during those 19 days?

Well i guess i could play through AC and Tingle again, or buy Disaster, but they don't quite stack up when compared to the followup of my favourite game of all time.

Extremely pleased with the S&P2 date, and the SMG2 wait isn't too bad.

As for Other M, I can't be too angry about a game I don't even know I want yet being released later than expected.

Taker666

Empty said:

19 days..however will we cope. :lol

I can understand people getting annoyed at a couple of months..but 19 days is nothing...unless you have OCD or something.

Having said that I would have thought they'd have aimed for the end of May purely because it's a holiday week/weekend in the UK and that would have maximised their sales.

Reknoc

Shiggy said:
No demo, but two bundles -> WiiSpeak+game+CC Pro (limited bundle) & CC Pro + game (as announced before).

Oh that's alright then, little pissed about lack of a demo but aslong as I can get my CC Pro it's all good, now to constantly check HMV or GAME to see if they have it for preorder.

I have always been under the impression that the internal translation group, Treehouse, are usually to blame for the lag in EU releases. But they are the industries finest, and their way with words in this industry is the best. So I think the waiting time is worth it. As long as they all eventually get released, unlike Mother 3 and such.

I don't ever play in any other languange outside of English. Does anyone know how good the quality of translation is in say; French, Spanish, German, Portuguese etc.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
EatChildren said:
The Australia one was awesome.

"Monster Hunter 3 is coming but we dont know when. Here's no footage or games. Oh, and the rest of the world gets to play Metroid. Seeya!"

And what's worse half the guys who went already knew everything.

Mafro

rockman zx said:
Where is the EURO release date for Mega Man 10?.

NOE sucks and Capcom Europe too.

Presumably it's out on March 4th, since it's out on the 1st in America and the Euro store updates on the Thursday, but you never know with NoE.

Empty

Taker666 said:
19 days..however will we cope. :lol

I can understand people getting annoyed at a couple of months..but 19 days is nothing...unless you have OCD or something.

Having said that I would have thought they'd have aimed for the end of May purely because it's a holiday week/weekend in the UK and that would have maximised their sales.

Its not the end of the world, i can wait bitterly, but it is very very irritating given that they released Galaxy within a few days of the US, and that simultaneous launches should be the rule not the exception in this day and age, and for every other major publisher it is, but not NOE.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
At least we get confirmation of the big games coming out, no excite bots though. might have to import, or get a family memeber in USA to buy it and post it over :D

I don't expect Nintendo to give the whole years gameplan away and seeing as the mentioned the Nintendo dev or published by (Monster hunter Tri) games I am not too fussed.

i still expect more news at the later game shows

Sadist

Lol, two months ago on GAF:

"Yeah, NoE of Europe is awesome. They're a lot better these days!"

Today:

"Fuck you NoE I have to wait 19 days for SMG 2 and there is only a vague Q3 release for Other M! FUCK YYYYYOOOOUUUU!!!"

Empty said:
Its not the end of the world, i can wait bitterly, but it is very very irritating given that they released Galaxy within a few days of the US, and that simultaneous launches should be the rule not the exception in this day and age, and for every other major publisher it is, but not NOE.

Nail on the head.

[Nintex]

Sadist said:

Today:

"Fuck you NoE I have to wait 19 days for SMG 2 and there is only a vague Q3 release for Other M! FUCK YYYYYOOOOUUUU!!!"
The Smash Bros. delay and dicking around during the GameCube days will never ever be forgiven.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sadist said:

Today:

These people forget when 19 days used to be 19 weeks or in some cases 19 months.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You Europeans are getting S&P2 a full month before the U.S. and getting SMG2 just two and a half weeks after the U.S.

Metroid will probably be out a week or two after the U.S. release. It'll all even out. So chill :lol

At least you got Disaster and Another Code! What did we get? Excitebots? That doesn't even out =\

Sadist

[Nintex] said:
The Smash Bros. delay and dicking around during the GameCube days will never ever be forgiven.
Eh, never forget I suppose. But the Brawl delay was pretty retarded though.

BGBW said:
These people forget when 19 days used to be 19 weeks or in some cases 19 months.
Ding ding ding.

[Nintex]

On a side note is third party development on the Wii officially dead? The only new third party game announced is Guilty Party or something from Disney. The others are either WiiWare/DSiWare or published by Nintendo.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
[Nintex] said:
On a side note is third party development on the Wii officially dead? The only new third party game announced is Guilty Party or something from Disney. The others are either WiiWare/DSiWare or published by Nintendo.

They're all gearing up for Wii Plus's November 2011 release, I'm sure =P

I'd expect Graces to be announced in NP and maybe released around June or July.

Because NP announced DotNW, and that came out in JP in June '08, and in NA in Nov '08.

Graces came out in Dec '09, so five months later is May, but it could be June or July for all we know.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Danthrax said:
At least you got Disaster and Another Code! What did we get? Excitebots? That doesn't even out =\

Mario Super Sluggers, Glory of Heracles, Fossil Fighters, Legendary Starfy and Chibi Robo Park Patrol all came to the US and not the EU. I'd say the US still gets treated better, though they missed out on Tingle, too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
[Nintex] said:

There were hardly any actual game announcements here. E3 is the last stop. Nothing there, and then its dead forever (which it is).

Sadist

[Nintex] said:
Looking at Stump's list two days ago Nintendo's doesn't really highlight third party games during these type of events, except for a few games.

Ushojax said:
Mario Super Sluggers, Glory of Heracles, Fossil Fighters, Legendary Starfy and Chibi Robo Park Patrol all came to the US and not the EU. I'd say the US still gets treated better, though they missed out on Tingle, too.

o_O Fuck I never knew Sluggers never made it to EU! :(

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
[Nintex] said:
Gotta save something for E3.

Not that I have any hopes of there being anything worthwhile announced then.

swerve

Empty said:
Well i guess i could play through AC and Tingle again, or buy Disaster, but they don't quite stack up when compared to the followup of my favourite game of all time.

Jeez, you guys will bitch about anything. Sure, it's not nice waiting, but it's just over two fricking weeks. Japan had to wait longer for NSMBWii. Japan had to wait, whist Australia played Mario. That made no sense. This makes a *bit* of sense - but Japan still doesn't know when they are getting Galaxy 2.

And yesterday, we had no idea WHEN we were getting Galaxy 2, with many people expecting Holiday/November.

Suck it up and enjoy the new movies.

BikoBiko said:
So weird that Fling Smash is a disc game. From what I've seen it just screams WiiWare to me.

I'm guessing it will probably sell for $20 or $30. Nintendo has been pretty smart about releasing their games at the correct prices this generation so I'm sure they won't try to sell a pinball game that requires motion+ for full price.

[Nintex] said:

If we hit E3 and there's still no sign of any significant Western or Eastern support (i.e. new games announced, some high-profile titles for late 2010, projects announced for early 2011 etc.), then yes, it's dead.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Ushojax said:

I didn't realize. That does suck.

Frankly, though, I've never been interested in any of the games you listed (or Excitebots) but I WAS genuinely hoping Disaster and Another Code R came to the U.S. So those are sore spots for me.

I'm mildly shocked and elated S&P2 is coming... I expected that one to get Disastered, too.

Cosmonaut X said:
If we hit E3 and there's still no sign of any significant Western or Eastern support (i.e. new games announced, some high-profile titles for late 2010, projects announced for early 2011 etc.), then yes, it's dead.

Yeah. =\ But hey, at least we're getting an awesome 2010! And we had an awesome 2007! 2008 and 2009 had their bright spots!...

Top Bottom