• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

Empty

swerve said:
Jeez, you guys will bitch about anything. Sure, it's not nice waiting, but it's just over two fricking weeks. Japan had to wait longer for NSMBWii. Japan had to wait, whist Australia played Mario. That made no sense. This makes a *bit* of sense - but Japan still doesn't know when they are getting Galaxy 2.

And yesterday, we had no idea WHEN we were getting Galaxy 2, with many people expecting Holiday/November.

Suck it up and enjoy the new movies.

I'm not sure why it is illegitimate to complain about Nintendo being behind the rest of the industry when it comes to a worldwide release dates and doing it in a way that hurts their fans a little. I'm really happy about the announcements yesterday, thrilled that Galaxy 2 is coming so soon, but i'm allowed to express some dissent and disappointment, surely.

Shiggy

[Nintex] said:
On a side note is third party development on the Wii officially dead? The only new third party game announced is Guilty Party or something from Disney. The others are either WiiWare/DSiWare or published by Nintendo.

The European event concentrates on Nintendo games, it seems.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
swerve said:
Jeez, you guys will bitch about anything. Sure, it's not nice waiting, but it's just over two fricking weeks. Japan had to wait longer for NSMBWii. Japan had to wait, whist Australia played Mario. That made no sense. This makes a *bit* of sense - but Japan still doesn't know when they are getting Galaxy 2.

And yesterday, we had no idea WHEN we were getting Galaxy 2, with many people expecting Holiday/November.

Suck it up and enjoy the new movies.

People expecting November/Holiday for Galaxy 2 haven't been paying much attention.

We complain because Nintendo's handling of localisation is abysmal, and has been since forever. Its a big deal, because its poor treatment of their customers. They treat each sector of the world as if they're totally isolated from the rest, and that they dont know what's going on. They have finished games they could ship and chose not to.

They say they're a company that cares about 'core' gamers and giving us quality. Showing stuff like Galaxy 2 and Other M supports that. Refusing to localise Fatal Frame IV, Disaster, and ExciteBots for particular regions says otherwise.

Plus the fact we Australians got nothing makes it worse. No release dates for any games. We can only assume the EU dates are similar to ours. The AU summit was literally a waste of everybody's time and money.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I don't think any of those games(sans the ones that are already out) have dates in japan so quit your whining eurogaf.

swerve

EatChildren said:
We complain because Nintendo's handling of localisation is abysmal, and has been since forever. Its a big deal, because its poor treatment of their customers.

You're quite right. Sorry. May the grumbling and frustration continue!

sprsk said:
I don't think any of those games(sans the ones that are already out) have dates in japan so quit your whining eurogaf.

Yeah, that's what I'm finding most interesting/perplexing about this whole series of events.

We now have several Nintendo games announced and dated for the US and Europe (SMG2, Other M, FlingSmash) but no word at all on when to expect them in Japan, arguably the territory where Nintendo could really do with having some bigger titles dated at the very least.

With the dates for SMG2 in the West fixed it's certainly looking very likely that they will be able to hit Golden Week in Japan, but why the absolute silence?

Mafro said:
First/second week of July for Metroid would be fine. Anything later and I'll be importing.

This. In fact if its the first week of July it'd make a nice birthday present for me :p
Anything later though and no way...

I'm not sure I can even wait the short wait for SMG2

Dascu

Very pleased about Sin&Punishment 2 being released a month early here. It would've landed right in the middle of my exams otherwise. Metroid: Other M I can import if the delay takes too long.

To bad that the USA and EU dates are not closer together but its not TO bad at least.
Its still sad that a world wide video company as big as Nintendo can't release first party games in the same week world wide.......

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Mafro that would make sense as they might have to scrap the Japanese fees once that is done they can open it up world wide, I hope.. otherwise you get USA and EU playing each other? I hope they dont region lock it permanently

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fucking NoA not giving me S&P when I want it.

At least I got the Japanese version to hold me while PAL arrives!

Hero of Legend said:
Did the original have a tagline in NA (well, the VC release import)?

I think Star Successor makes more sense, as it's the sequel, succeeding the skies is lower/less than succeeding the Earth, but being the successor of the stars is bigger than the Earth!

The original game's subtitle could be read as either Successor of the Earth/Stars, while the Wii game was Successor of the Skies/Galaxy.

Or that's what I heard!

Mafro

jufonuk said:
Mafro that would make sense as they might have to scrap the Japanese fees once that is done they can open it up world wide, I hope.. otherwise you get USA and EU playing each other? I hope they dont region lock it permanently

Inter-continental GAF hunts!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Mafro said:
Inter-continental GAF hunts!

That would be sweet and shut a lot of people up about the lack of online co-op wii games.
let's see how it pans out though :D

Edit: for any Gaf'ers not able to get to some live feeds of the Nintendo Event, Nintendo Life have this to say:

Nintendolife.com - Live Sumit Feed 2010
13:28:33 -

Other M is really cool. It's still "Metroid" but with a refreshing twist. Perfect reboot perhaps!

12:52:49 -

Samus is a curvey babe

12:51:28 -

Watching trailer on 60" LCD. Looks amazing. Almost HD! :p

12:50:40 -

But point Wiimote at TV and it goes FPS

12:50:09 -

Controlled with Wiimote NES style. 2D style

12:49:03 -

It's cinematic action, lots of cutscenes

12:48:36 -

Other M story follows Super Metroid

gogojira

Swittcher said:
No, there was a long-ass trailer, and a 90 minute developer walk through. How could you have missed that?

Yeah, it's crazy that so many people missed it. I love the 1:1 mechanics thanks to Wii MotionPlus. And, Link betraying Hyrule? Crazy.

gogojira said:
Yeah, it's crazy that so many people missed it. I love the 1:1 mechanics thanks to Wii MotionPlus. And, Link betraying Hyrule? Crazy.

And can you believe we actually get to play as Ganon in a sort of RTS style mode?
That looks freaking awesome.

[Nintex]

ShockingAlberto said:
Oh, you didn't login to the press site? It's misnamed as StarTropics.avi, but it's definitely Link.
Fun fact, the Metroid Other M artwork is actually called MonsterHunter010.jpg on NoE's press site. :lol

Is anyone allowed to upload the art and screens from the NOA and NOE press sites at sites like Mediafire to pass around?

Why are only big news sites allowed to have access to this stuff? Fuck 99% of these sites botch the stuff up with watermarks or awful compression. :/

If I had access, I could rehost everything into a Picasa account without any compression and I never use watermarks.

Here's what I had from E3 2009 at Picasa:

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonicE32009

You need to hit Download to get the image at it's original size (basically, the exact same as found at the press site).

GC|Simon

Hero of Legend said:
Is anyone allowed to upload the art and screens from the NOA and NOE press sites at sites like Mediafire to pass around?

Why are only big news sites allowed to have access to this stuff? Fuck 99% of these sites botch the stuff up with watermarks or awful compression. :/

If I had access, I could rehost everything into a Picasa account without any compression and I never use watermarks.

You need to hit Download to get the image at it's original size (basically, the exact same as found at the press site).

Dear Nintendo and all other publishers,

give this man anything he wants.

Hero of Legend said:

I need to PM you come E3 :D

[Nintex]

Hero of Legend said:

I can help out with this, give me a minute to download all the stuff.

GC|Simon

One more thing from @NGamer_mag (on Twitter):

Matthew at summit: just made warioware game about rolo/trouser situation. Was better than galaxy and metroid combined.

:lol I vote for Matthew as person of the day!

Vinci

Danish
Hero of Legend said:

Good god.

Top Bottom