• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

Penguin

Why hasn't there been more talk on FlingSmash? I think that game looks and sounds pretty cool. Want to see a video of it in action. Also kind of curious about Guilty Party, as it seems like could be a major hit, and a fun alternative for when my friends want to play Scene It!.

Finished at last!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonicMS2010

All five games that [Nintex] found at Nintendo of Europe's Press Site, all in here in their original quality and freely downloadable! :D

As I said, I'll do this again at E3 of course! :D

Remember, [Nintex] said that the files were already jpg-ed and compressed for some moronic reasons.

Also, does anyone here have access to NOA's press site? I can do this with assets from there as well if someone can provide them!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Haunted said:
... and 8 million in the other two regions, kinda proving his point.

1 million is still very impressive for that type of game in this current console generation. It will also be Nintendo's biggest release in probably 6-7 months when it comes out in Japan.

comedy bomb said:
Pretty happy with all the release dates/trailers and hands on impressions. Wish we had Metroid footage though..

I now have this horrible feeling that E3 is going to focus on Wii _____ style games. I'm sure either Zelda or the Retro game will be there, but I have doubts that they will be the focus of Nintendo's presentation.

Why mess with success? Nintendo doesn't need to show off hardcore games at E3. They need a big platform for Wii Relax or whatever other Wii ____ game they are developing. We're all going to buy Zelda anyway :p

A Twisty Fluken said:
I'm hearing that the burgundy we're getting for the XL is NOT the wine red from Japan? This is an outrage!
Eh, I'm getting the Bronze DS-XL anyway. I did reserve one today along with WarioWare D. I. Y. . Too many good Nintendo games coming out this Spring. Never thought I would ever say that, LOL.

Linkified

timetokill said:
Why mess with success? Nintendo doesn't need to show off hardcore games at E3. They need a big platform for Wii Relax or whatever other Wii ____ game they are developing. We're all going to buy Zelda anyway :p

But yes your right but depends on the makeup of who is in the audience if it made up of only print gaming mags as well as the usual Giant Bomb/1up/GameSpot/IGN then maybe not the best idea.

ILikeFeet

Banned
schuelma said:
1 million is still very impressive for that type of game in this current console generation. It will also be Nintendo's biggest release in probably 6-7 months when it comes out in Japan.

yea, but compared to NSMBW (which is triple that), Galaxy just didn't explode like it did in the west.

DarkWish

Hero of Legend said:
Also, does anyone here have access to NOA's press site? I can do this with assets from there as well if someone can provide them!
I would, but Nintendo's press site doesn't have any assets there. There must be a separate media kit given to those attending the US Media Summit.

mclem

Dascu said:
Europe gets Sin&Punishment 2 in May, with Galaxy 2 in June. Metroid: Other M is only a Q3 title for Europe. Germany doesn't get anything except Greece' bailout costs.

It has just crossed my mind that "Q3" actually starts just a couple of days after Metroid's US release date. If it's early in Q3 it may not be all that late, perhaps on a similar timescale to the gap between Galaxy 2's US and EU releases.

...or it could mean September, of course. At which point I'll be lining up with my pitchfork and flaming torch, naturally.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
charting_thedates.gif

^ Welcome to the chart of fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
VOOK said:
DQIX has the same date for every other region including Australia, thus not on the list.

They gave DQ IX a date for Aussie? That's a victory then! :lol

Also considering it's summer does that mean you get it in December? :lol :lol :lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Magypsy23 said:
Japan doesn't even get a slot in the chart. :'(

Japan is the same as Australia at this stage. Isn't it?

Man God said:
They gave DQ IX a date for Aussie? That's a victory then! :lol

Also considering it's summer does that mean you get it in December? :lol :lol :lol

Nope 'Winter" ;)

Dragon Quest IX Confirmed for Australia

26 February 2010

In a unique partnership with Square-Enix, Nintendo of Australia will publish Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies in Australia when the game arrives in winter 2010.
Dragon Quest IX has sold over 4.15 million copies in the Japanese market.

Nintendo and Square-Enix will now work together to bring this title to the Nintendo DS consumer base in Australia.

carlo6529

Didn't really know where else to post this; haven't seen it here yet.

Interview with Cammie Dunaway at Wired. She pretty much says Zelda Wii is coming out in the second half of the year(which we all assumed by now).

I don't know now if we can officially say that Zelda is confirmed for this year even though Iwata has said himself 2010.

Wired.com: I think people were really interested to know, are they going to release Mario and Metroid and Zelda all in one year?

Dunaway: And you said we wouldn’t. You bet no, right?

Wired.com: I bet no. Are you going to hold me to that? Do I owe you a steak dinner?

Dunaway: I think you do.

Wired.com: I’m happy to lose that bet. Those are the kind of bets that I try to make.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/02/nintendo-dunaway/

Struct09

2010 was already slated to be a great year in gaming. If Zelda releases and completes the holy trinity, it may very well be the best year for games ever.

iwanttobelieve.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dunaway: I was expecting you to ask about Xenoblade and The Last Story!

Wired.com: That was my next question!

Dunaway: It’s too early to say whether we’re going to bring those here;
Yeah, that definitely doesn't sound good. So much for even hoping Xenoblade was coming out here late this year.

And Kohler some of NoA's guys didn't even know Monado was in the E3 press kit last year in that A.T.B. podcast. ;_;

ShockingAlberto said:
Cammie is the new Perrin Kaplan. She doesn't make decisions and only knows what they tell her to know.
I hope so...

grandjedi6 said:
Damn, both Dunaway and Kohler forgot that Xenoblade (Monado) has already been announced for NA (at last E3). That can't bode well.

Monado was never actually announced for NA, just dumped unceremoniously in the press packet and then ignored completely afterwards.

Firestorm

Dunaway: I was expecting you to ask about Xenoblade and The Last Story!

Wired.com: That was my next question!

Dunaway: It’s too early to say whether we’re going to bring those here;
Ok, that's just mean. Next up:

Dunaway: I was expecting you to ask about WiiHD!
Wired.com: I didn't think you would say anything, but sure!
Dunaway: Nintendo does not comment on rumours or speculation.

Is it wrong for me to want Nintendo to have a completely seperate UK branch to the rest of Europe? No offense, Euro folks, but if we didn't have to wait for you guys then we'd be getting our games a LOT quicker. No Other M release delay, for instance.

mclem

Green Scar said:
Is it wrong for me to want Nintendo to have a completely seperate UK branch to the rest of Europe? No offense, Euro folks, but if we didn't have to wait for you guys then we'd be getting our games a LOT quicker. No Other M release delay, for instance.

Would we, though? They'd still need to make a PAL pressing of the game, so that conversion needs to take place, and they might be a bit loath to pay for the cost of making two distinct pressings which would work equally well in the same region.

mclem said:
Would we, though? They'd still need to make a PAL pressing of the game, so that conversion needs to take place, and they might be a bit loath to pay for the cost of making two distinct pressings which would work equally well in the same region.

Lack of localisation would certainly reduce the wait though. I know there'd still be A wait, but sometimes it's utter crap.

slaughterking said:
You're not waiting for us, but for NoE to stop sitting on their hands

Well, yeah. Fucking NoE :mad:

Mael

Green Scar said:

Tell that to the Aussies :lol

E-phonk

Banned
mclem said:
Those are no excuses, nor are the one nintendo make.
If sony and MS can do worldwide releases, and third party games are worldwide, I can't see why Nintendo wouldn't be able to do it.

I doubt it has anything to do with localization. It should be no problem for a globally operating company like Nintendo to localize a game in time for a worldwide release (especially with games like Galaxy 2, which apparently are pretty much finished since sometime last year and don't need much effort to localize anyway). It's just the 'slightly' different strategy that NoE follows and the UK just happens to be part of Europe.
If it was just a matter of having a separate branch then I want one for my country as well! :lol

Top Bottom