• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

Magypsy23

Banned
Green Scar said:
Is it wrong for me to want Nintendo to have a completely seperate UK branch to the rest of Europe? No offense, Euro folks, but if we didn't have to wait for you guys then we'd be getting our games a LOT quicker. No Other M release delay, for instance.

Did Japan get Spirit Tracks so late because of localization issues? They could have simultaneous global release dates for all of their titles if they wanted to.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
WHY IS THERE NO METROID FOOTAGE

WHY IS THERE NO NEW TRAILER

NINTENDO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You know nintendo really knocked this conference out of the park... When you look at the next few months

Red Steel 2
Fragile Dreams
Monster Hunter
Cave Story
Mario
Metroid
Sin and Punishment...

And after that little run is done, most likely the vitality sensor and zelda at E3... Just wow.

How anyone can say that Wii isn't a gamers system is beyond me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
NinjaFusion said:

Because its not HD (sic) and waggle is for kids / wrecks games.

There's no point trying to convert anybody who already has that mindset. Best to ignore them and keep enjoying whats there.

Turrican3

Green Scar said:
Is it wrong for me to want Nintendo to have a completely seperate UK branch to the rest of Europe? No offense, Euro folks, but if we didn't have to wait for you guys then we'd be getting our games a LOT quicker. No Other M release delay, for instance.
Hmm, I'm not sure about that.

NoE -or whoever is actually in charge of those kind of things- has already clearly demonstrated it *can* localize and release games simultaneously or with very small delays between USA and Euro street dates, I believe the real issue here is if they *want* (or are allowed to, according to NCL plans/schedules, I wonder how much freedom they are given, but I guess it's still NCL that has the final word) to do that...

mclem

E-phonk said:
Those are no excuses, nor are the one nintendo make.
If sony and MS can do worldwide releases, and third party games are worldwide, I can't see why Nintendo wouldn't be able to do it.

I think "Why make two distinct pressings, incurring the extra costs of having a second distinct pressing, when we could just make one for the entire region" is a pretty good excuse. That's nothing to do with worldwide releases; if they were doing worldwide releases, there would still be just a single europe-wide pressing, so those extra costs would not be a factor.

Edit: In theory, since the PS3 is region-free, I'd imagine they can reduce the quantity of pressings further if they so wished; it wouldn't be impossible to make a single release that works on any PS3 worldwide; while I doubt they do that, I do wonder if simultaneous release titles have one pressing which covers both Europe and the US.

ReyBrujo

Was not trying to give them any credit (we spent quite a lot of time removing their sales numbers from Wikipedia articles), just wondering whether Nintendo picks their information from them.

Burai

shitonmychest57
NinjaFusion said:
You know nintendo really knocked this conference out of the park... When you look at the next few months

Red Steel 2
Fragile Dreams
Monster Hunter
Cave Story
Mario
Metroid
Sin and Punishment...

And after that little run is done, most likely the vitality sensor and zelda at E3... Just wow.

Because ever since Brawl came out it hasn't been?

The past 18 months have seen nothing but token gestures from Nintendo toward the non-casual audience. They've clearly learned from their error and 2010 is going to be a brilliant year, but to pretend that Nintendo's critics over the past couple of years have been complaining unfairly is pretty shortsighted.

tabsina

ReyBrujo said:
Was not trying to give them any credit (we spent quite a lot of time removing their sales numbers from Wikipedia articles), just wondering whether Nintendo picks their information from them.

good lord, spend your time on more important things

and no nintendo doesn't get their information from there

Burai said:

The past 18 months have seen nothing but token gestures from Nintendo toward the non-casual audience. They've clearly learned from their error and 2010 is going to be a brilliant year, but to pretend that Nintendo's critics over the past couple of years have been complaining unfairly is pretty shortsighted.
LOL!

Nintendo doesn't learn from us peons. They're just as likely to piss on us.

But I'm a submissive person so I take every golden shower with a smile.

ReyBrujo

tabsina said:
good lord, spend your time on more important things

and no nintendo doesn't get their information from there
Like posting in NeoGAF? :p

Everything is relative. I spend probably 30 minutes per day at Wikipedia, out of which 15 are to remove a few. And I am already doing much more important things at work, so I can kill time at Wikipedia, Ameblo or NeoGAF.

Rafaelcsa

Burai said:

The guy you quoted was mentioning 3rd party games as well, not only 1st party. And we've seen a good number of great 3rd party games in 2009.

And also, I find it funny because people only take notice of the games Nintendo releases when they're either Mario, Zelda or Metroid. If it's not one of those, they ignore it. Then they complaint that Nintendo rehashes only the same series.

I'm not saying Nintendo's output has been spectacular since Brawl. It could be a lot better, no doubt. But it's not been that bad either, even though I'm sure you'll have some kind of excuse about games like Punch-Out, Wario Land, Excitebots, Another Code or Wii Sports Resort not being "gamers" games.

EatChildren said:
Because its not HD (sic) and waggle is for kids / wrecks games.

There's no point trying to convert anybody who already has that mindset. Best to ignore them and keep enjoying whats there.

It's a shame too. If "Waggle is for Kids" why are Sony and Microsoft following with their own versions? That's the counterargument everytime

ReyBrujo said:
According to Dan Adelman, head of business development at Nintendo, mentioned 76 Wii titles have sold more than 1M copies worldwide, including 54 third parties.

The odd thing? It matches the list of a certain banned site with 22 first parties and 54 third parties...

Here's the key question: Did lolchartz have exactly 76 Wii million sellers listed before Nintendo made this public statement? Given that they have a record of adjusting their numbers after NPD announcements I know what my guess is.

Since Zelda is a lock for e3 now I'm starting to look forward to whatever Retro and Sakurai are working on. I really hope we at least get a teaser at the big show.

EatChildren

LegendofJoe said:
Since Zelda is a lock for E3 now I'm starting to look forward to whatever Retro and Sakurai are working on. I really hope we at least get a teaser for what they're working on at e3.

Retro are dead.

Okay maybe not.

MYE

Burai said:

Last time i checked, nintendo wasnt the only company developing games for the system after Brawl.

And you're agreeing with that mindset? Really? :lol

carlo6529

grandjedi6 said:
I don't know why so many people are giving that statement attention. Even if it doesn't come true, she still has an "out" as Dunaway can just claim that she was refering to Spirit Tracks.

Spirit Tracks is a 2009 title.

GET A LOAD OF THIS longer video of FlingSmash by NWR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpoyS_xBDc

One thing that concerns me are the random pauses, is that the level loading during gameplay or what?

And :lol @ Zip's Fail Face at the end!

16ia34n.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
oh my god stop replying to grandjedi's post it's abundantly obvious that he meant her "out" was that they released the three games within twelve months, not that he thought spirit tracks was 2010

not only that but it's pretty absurd to even give a shit about her comment anyway. they're clearly trying for a 2010 release for zelda wii. maybe they'll make it, maybe they won't. if they don't, it won't be because of cammie. she doesn't have control over any kind of game development.

i can't believe anyone is even discussing that answer as if it provides some new information

Jaruru

silverbullet1080 said:
2009 =/= 2010

and 2010 = most awesome year of Nintendo on releasing games. :D
it makes no sense to push all announced games in first 6 months of 2010 without something big for the rest.

unless they announce NSMBWii2 @ E3 and launch in year end.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
NinjaFusion said:

Red Steel 2
Fragile Dreams
Monster Hunter
Cave Story
Mario
Metroid
Sin and Punishment...

Don't forget Trauma Team and Arc Rise Fantasia also. Yeah, this first half is just to awesome :D

Second half, I'm pretty sure Xenoblade will release alone with Zelda and a Vitality sensor game.

Sadist

Stumpokapow said:
oh my god stop replying to grandjedi's post it's abundantly obvious that he meant her "out" was that they released the three games within twelve months, not that he thought spirit tracks was 2010

not only that but it's pretty absurd to even give a shit about her comment anyway. they're clearly trying for a 2010 release for zelda wii. maybe they'll make it, maybe they won't. if they don't, it won't be because of cammie. she doesn't have control over any kind of game development.

i can't believe anyone is even discussing that answer as if it provides some new information
Butts Butts Butts

cacildo

Naive people said:
Yeah, im dying to see this new Prince of Persia Wii game. Im betting it will be amazing! It also comes with Classic SNES Prince of Persia! FREE! Awsome!

This game will be amazing!!!! Its on my list! Im telling you RIGHT NOW

indiana_jones_staff_of_kings_box.jpg

Ok...

Vinci

Danish
Burai said:

I've had plenty of games to play on the thing. Unless you seriously only count Nintendo titles... then yeah, you might have been a little disappointed with the output. Man, I'm starting to doubt my whole rationale behind critiquing 3rd parties' treatment of the system - some of its owners are either seriously blind or don't give a damn about anything but Nintendo.

Vinci said:
I've had plenty of games to play on the thing. Unless you seriously only count Nintendo titles... then yeah, you might have been a little disappointed with the output. Man, I'm starting to doubt my whole rationale behind critiquing 3rd parties' treatment of the system - some of its owners are either seriously blind or don't give a damn about anything but Nintendo.

Seriously, even in the last, supposedly dry year we've gotten Little King's Story, Muramasa, Excitebots, Punch Out!, and more. I'm currently playing through Dead Space: Extraction with a friend, and it's a fun experience. I also recently found Wario Land on clearance and there are a bunch of other games I'd like to pick up when I have the cash.

Penguin

Vinci said:

Of course, its only Nintendo's fault! You know 3rd parties make nothing but shovelware.

I mean not to knock em, but I always wondered why people lay the weight of the Wii on Nintendo when I'm almost certain they provide/publish more games than MS/Sony, who pretty much divert the majority of the attention to 3rd party.

I could be wrong but did Sony have anything in between Ratchet and Heavy Rain? And is Forza's MS most recent release?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Vinci said:

Yup. No huge OMG 3rd party blockbusters but I've enjoyed a lot of 3rd party stuff since early 2009.

Vinci

Danish
Penguin said:
Of course, its only Nintendo's fault! You know 3rd parties make nothing but shovelware.

I mean not to knock em, but I always wondered why people lay the weight of the Wii on Nintendo when I'm almost certain they provide/publish more games than MS/Sony, who pretty much divert the majority of the attention to 3rd party.

I could be wrong but did Sony have anything in between Ratchet and Heavy Rain? And is Forza's MS most recent release?

It's because the Wii isn't getting the high-tier support of 3rd parties. That doesn't somehow make what support they do give completely dogshit. True, a lot of it is worthless - but it's not like anyone on GAF would buy that stuff in the first place. At least buy the stuff they release that's good even if it's hardly AAA.

You guys are missing the earlier part of that conversation, which states pretty clearly that she's talking about releasing Zelda in the back half of calendar 2010.

If you compare the first half of 2010 with the first half of 2009, it’s night and day. And from some of the things that Mr. Iwata has talked about, and that we will talk about at E3, like Zelda, you know that we’re going to have a good back half of the year, as well.

Wired.com: I think people were really interested to know, are they going to release Mario and Metroid and Zelda all in one year?

Koren

gamergirly said:
It's a shame too. If "Waggle is for Kids" why are Sony and Microsoft following with their own versions? That's the counterargument everytime
Some will argue that Natal and Arc are casual crap, that it's not for gamers (MS and Sony wanting to broaden their audience), and they won't touch them.

The fact is that Sony/MS will have some funny times ahead. They were first to call motion capture a "casual gimmick", and now they have to market it, and not only towards casuals if possible. Of course, Microsoft will say it's completely different (even if I personnally have some doubts of usability in many genres) and Sony will say it's more precise (slim difference, especially with M+).

I'd like to see next PS3 WE/PES supporting Playmaker control sytem using Arc, it deserves more attention. And maybe some will change their views (I'm pretty sure that many rely mostly on commercials to make their mind on what wiimote control is).

A friend of mine was recently bashing the Wii saying that it has nothing to follow up NSMBWii in the early months of 2010. I was like, "What are you talking about? No More Heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom just came out!" Point is, people will create their own reality based on their belief systems. My friend had it set in his mind that he was investing in a PS3. Yes, there is a difference in demographics. Wii owners haven't gotten anything like Darksiders or God of War. However, if you bought a Wii expecting those type of games, I would question your rationality.

My friend then went on to say there was nothing for casuals to play. My response is similar to Dunaway's. There are a ton of fun games already released that new owners have yet to experience. Nintendo's philosophy of evergreen titles needs to be picked up by third parties. I personally, would still like to give Boom Blox a go in a party atmosphere. The issue, however, is the matter of shelf space. How these shovelware games get so much shelf space while Gamestop is no longer restocking Wario Land and House of the Dead: Overkill boggles my mind!

EatChildren

Fourth Storm said:
A friend of mine was recently bashing the Wii saying that it has nothing to follow up NSMBWii in the early months of 2010. I was like, "What are you talking about? No More Heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom just came out!" Point is, people will create their own reality based on their belief systems. My friend had it set in his mind that he was investing in a PS3. Yes, there is a difference in demographics. Wii owners haven't gotten anything like Darksiders or God of War. However, if you bought a Wii expecting those type of games, I would question your rationality.

Pretty much. It basically stems from system loyalty stupidity and console warriors. The 'real' way to game is unfortunately multi-platform, including PC, and for many people its not financially possible or simply not in their interest.

So you get these people that have grown up only playing a specific system brand and become a tad biased and blind to the whole concept of good games existing on multiple platforms, and them sometimes not being available on others.

So yeah, while the Wii doesnt have anything like God of War, its got stuff like Mario Galaxy and Prime 3, which in turn these other systems dont have. Like people raving how good shooters are on other platforms and how the Wii has none, in turn can be said about platformers; Galaxy and NSMB Wii are in my opinion the best platformers this generation by leaps and bounds, and they are only found on the Wii.

With the younger crowd I kinda let it go because I used to be a Nintendo console warrior when I was a kiddy. Now that I'm older it simply comes down to whether or not the game is fun, and by fun I dont mean what other people think is fun, but what I think is fun. If its fun I will buy it and play it if I can. If its not, I wont.

And thats all that matters.

Platy

biggyfries said:
Light Trax needs an official thread, stat!

This man/person/2dkirby speaks the truth !

Art style needs more love ... be it the Light Trax, the dotstream remake (i LOOOOOOOOVE dotstream) or the new "flow killer" Rotozoa =3

Top Bottom