• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

Why would you do that? said:
Yeah, with Mario and Metroid releasing soon, it would be natural for Nintendo to speak about them at the upcoming event. However, my concern is that they have a good E3 performance. Considering the number of Nintendo studios and the number of their active, big franchises we know they're making, I can't imagine what Nintendo would announce at E3.

I suppose that's what's special about them. You'll never know what they'll pull out of their sleeves...

However, considering that Zelda's known about, Pokemon will likely be announced before E3, Golden Sun is known about, and Mario and Metroid information will likely be tomorrow, the only potential announcements I can think of that would surprise everyone will be Retro's game and Project Sora.

Once again, though... You'll never know what Nintendo will do. They could partner with a 3rd party, even...

Even not counting new IPs, they could easily throw a new Star Fox, F-Zero, Wave Race or finally show off Pikmin.

ShockingAlberto said:
Mario Sunshine: August 26, 2002
Metroid Prime: November 17, 2002
Wind Waker: March 24, 2003

This isn't as big a deal as you guys are making it seem.
Man, that must've been as good as it got for the Gamecube.

Azure J

ShockingAlberto said:

I would really love to know where anybody mentioned a Star Fox was in development for the Wii though. Seriously.

beelzebozo said:
on a long enough timeline, all dead series return. you've just gotta survive long enough to see it.

Things like this give me hope. :lol

It just sucks that the Startropics series has no fans high up there who can moan about the lack of a new Startropics entry, make rumors about one being in the works, pressure developers who might not have had any hand in it on info about the one they're allegedly working on, drum up public interest through constant mentioning and references, and get Mike Jones into Brawl.

awesomesmiley.jpg

Sipowicz

Banned
i'd like to see some graces/xenoblade/last story footage in english. i'd also like to see mario/metroid/reginlev/s+p2 as well as mickey mouse, monster hunter, batman, spawn smasher, tact of magic and cosmic walker

like i said i would be very happy with a lack of new announcements. just bring some japanese stuff over here and show me some footage!

SecretBonusPoint said:
Just as there is a Sonic Cycle, I am surprised there isn't a Nintendo Conference Cycle. I guess IGN Reaction Crew counts as a pretty good all-rounder though.

what's that? is it a podcast?

People should really calm down about Pikimin 3, it's far from a sure thing. The only info we learned at E3 08 was that it was in prototype phase, just like every other Nintendo franchise not in full development. That's how they work, they always keep a small core team working on ideas. While, it could very well be under way now, I'd wager Miyamoto was surprised by all the interest.

June = Galaxy 2
August = Metroid
November/December = Zelda?

I hope we get Sin & Punishment 2, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Line Attack Heroes, and Span Smasher, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc...

Kirby Wii please...

Don't forget GDC is a month away...so we might hear more if we don't hear much at this summit tomorrow. Some game release dates would make me happy. I don't care about Black Wii because I have a Wii, and I already own DS, DS Lite, and DSi so I don't care about DSi XL.

Guess I'll have to stick to 3rd party games ala Fragile, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri, and Trauma Team (and my backlog zomg)

Firestorm

Zelda is 2011. I can't believe some people "can't sleep". I'm trying to figure out if this is even worth getting up for at 9AM.

Bentendo said:
:lol Several years ago I stayed up three nights in a row without going to sleep during E3. It was totally worth it.
There is nothing worth staying up for during E3 aside from the press conferences =/

Bentendo

Probably old, but here's what NGamer expects to see at the summits:

"Well, that's when they're going to reveal Sonic in Mario Galaxy 2, obviously" - Kittsy

"Me, playing loads of awesome Nintendo games." - Matthew

"DS2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Pilotwings, Star Fox, more Pokeymans, erm, Bahamut Lagoon DS remake. Things like that." - Andy

"Hopefully some Mario and Metroid. I doubt the latest Jewel Quest will get a mention, though. Shame." - Charolette

Ydahs

Bentendo said:

"Well, that's when they're going to reveal Sonic in Mario Galaxy 2, obviously" - Kittsy

"DS2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Pilotwings, Star Fox, more Pokeymans, erm, Bahamut Lagoon DS remake. Things like that." - Andy

"Hopefully some Mario and Metroid. I doubt the latest Jewel Quest will get a mention, though. Shame." - Charolette
WHAT?!

Bentendo

Firestorm said:
It's hard to tell here. Some people genuinely seem to think something might happen tomorrow.

What does this mean to you:

"Not seeing metroid until the US summit. What an absolute jib."

And the whole thing about Mario and Metroid date to be confirmed tomorrow? :D

Firestorm said:
It's hard to tell here. Some people genuinely seem to think something might happen tomorrow.

They are showing Other M. It's not like we saw anything other than some FMVs and shit. Would be nice to see what it's really like. I'd be pretty happy just to see more of this game.

Firestorm

Yes, some coverage of Metroid is the only thing that seems interesting. And the dates are just what people expect. I'm interested in Metroid coverage because, as Cow Mengde says, we haven't seen anything aside from FMVs and we don't know how it will play yet.

mugurumakensei said:
Are you launching your own magazine too?
Seems to be all the rage this year, but no. Definitely a Twitter though!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cow Mengde said:
They are showing Other M. It's not like we saw anything other than some FMVs and shit. Would be nice to see what it's really like. I'd be pretty happy just to see more of this game.

Man in a suit (Metroid Man) fights aliens and stuff in a robot suit. Kinda like Halo.

$200

Banned
Bentendo said:

Will NGamer be banned if all these turn out to be bs?

Bentendo

$200 said:
Will NGamer be banned if all these turn out to be bs?

Probably. It's a terrible magazine, so it's not a big loss. I got the first issue and was disappointed with it. Still looking forward to seeing if any of their rumors are true though.

I think I'm too gullible...

Top Bottom