• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

Azure J

Aaron Strife said:
Here's what I'm expecting...

Blueprint for Nintendo of America Media Summit (2/24/10)

Fucking magnificent. I was winded with the Reggie/Matt moment there.

"Sit the fuck down Matt, you act like we just announced kid icarus or something. Who put this DS in my hand?" :lol

Now after the Australian media event, the fact there are no rumours or tweets, I am now not hyped, and all I am expecting now is a couple of release dates at best!

Kandinsky

I dont get that blueprint shit, its not like Nintendo said something big was happening, you can post that stuff if (when) they fail to deliver at E3 >_>

. . . I was in school all day, is there still people bitching at SMG2?

Cause if they are I will tell them to go punch themselves in the balls for me. >_>
Most EVERYTHING in that one trailer is brand-fucking-new, it just looks allot like SMG graphic's/ art style wise.

Anyway, yeah, release dates and Gaf whining to come after this event.

Gameboy415 said:
Just a few more hours...

*prays the "megaton" is NOT "Wii Music: Kidz Bop Edition"*
I would kill for a new Wii Music with more advanced/non-classical/non-kiddy music. Even Kidz-Bop, since the game's music doesn't have vocals so it'd just be the normal pop songs. Wii Music was an awesome game with just a few flaws, one of them being the music choice.
Black-Wind said:
. . . I was in school all day, is there still people bitching at SMG2?

Cause if they are I will tell them to go punch themselves in the balls for me. >_>
Well, I won't bitch about SMG2, but I sure hated the first game, so you may have to order a punching for me :) The first game was WAY too easy and thus boring for me - I heard that it got better after you beat it (which is too damn late, horrible game design), but I could never get that far, I would just get bored. Playing it was like busy-work, not fun. I liked Mario Sunshine a LOT better. That game actually had some challenge right from the start.

Aaron Strife said:
Blueprint for Nintendo of America Media Summit (2/24/10)

"Hello! You may remember me from two years ago! My name is Cammie Dunaway."

"This is from my family's vacation to Disney World last year. We had much fun, until Little Timmy was molested by a man in a Goofy costume, who we later discovered wasn't even a park employee."

Epic Goofy confirmed.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NinjaFusion said:
So i love how the article says 'they are not holiday titles' and the journo assumes that means they are out in the summer....?

This is Nintendo, it's just as likely they are 2011 games now!

If they're playable, they'll be here very soon. Nintendo doesn't show off games until the release is nigh. Heck, the whole purpose of the media summit is probably to hype the crap out of those two games.

faridmon

Bentendo said:
Probably old, but here's what NGamer expects to see at the summits:

"Well, that's when they're going to reveal Sonic in Mario Galaxy 2, obviously" - Kittsy

"Me, playing loads of awesome Nintendo games." - Matthew

"DS2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Pilotwings, Star Fox, more Pokeymans, erm, Bahamut Lagoon DS remake. Things like that." - Andy

"Hopefully some Mario and Metroid. I doubt the latest Jewel Quest will get a mention, though. Shame." - Charolette
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

sinxtanx

Since yesterday there have been around a thousand posts made in this thread.

A thousand.

That's as many as ten hundreds.

I know there is no reason to be excited, so why do I have this feeling inside?

faridmon

sinxtanx said:
Since yesterday there have been around a thousand posts made in this thread.

A thousand.

That's as many as ten hundreds.

I know there is no reason to be excited, so why do I have this feeling inside?
you know it, i know it, heck we all know it. Nintendo is dropping the bomb.

i hope for TWEWY 2, but SE and Nintendo aren't bestest friend :(

dsister44

look on the bight side guys! if nintendo australia cant say anything until after the american one then there must be more stuffannounced there

EXCITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

storl026

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting my JPEGS ready.

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

dsister44 said:
look on the bight side guys! if nintendo australia cant say anything until after the american one then there must be more stuffannounced there

EXCITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.... Excitebots for europe!

..... please?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So I don't think I'm going to bother to stay up until 1am on a work night for this.

Ydahs

This media summit will be on at 4am over here in Melbourne... while I'm not expecting fireworks, I'm going to stay up to enjoy the highs (pre-summit) and the lows (post-summit). Good thing I woke up at 1:30pm today!

Wrath2X said:
So how may hour till the mass suicides?
Seven I think.

Yagharek

VOOK said:
So I don't think I'm going to bother to stay up until 1am on a work night for this.

No way anything is worth that.

Still, the Australian news today was very nice indeed (MH3, M:OM, SMG2). More than happy with that.

Koren

Drkirby said:
She stole my DSi. Give it back box art lady D:

I thought the game was a joke at first, but then I realize the box was a little to good for a photoshop. Maybe since it looks like Nintendo made it will be good :/
If it's an US version of Cooking Navi, it's definitively good. Obviously not a game, but the software is really well designed.

Do you know what I want more than Metroid Other M or SMG2? A DSi VC.

Hope Nintendo takes advantage of this before the next DS comes out.

And of course I'm excited for Metroid Other M, SMG2, and the next Zelda.

RJT

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

They would be stupid to do that. VC is a great service to have at launch, to compensate the lack of games, not when a system already has a ton of original games in its library. Portable VC is going to be launched with the next handheld, I'm sure.

neo2046

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

I definitely will get one if DSi can play FC(NES), MD, PC-Engine, SFC(SNES)

RJT said:
They would be stupid to do that. VC is a great service to have at launch, to compensate the lack of games, not when a system already has a ton of original games in its library. Portable VC is going to be launched with the next handheld, I'm sure.

... :(

but if Nintendo not ready to launch next gen handheld in short period yet
I believe VC for DSi still possible :D

Cdammen

I actually bought a Wii yesterday, I'll be picking it up this afternoon... kinda stupid of me. But I don't think they'll announce a price drop. The Wii and the NDS are still selling like crazy. I'm hoping for some awesome gameplay footage and maybe one big "hardcore" announcement.

Top Bottom