• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

so tempted by the black wii...

If it comes out for the US I'll seriously have to consider it, but I would hate to get one and have Wii HD come out 12 months later

NintendoGal said:
I think at this point with how little sleep I've been getting this week due to my health, I'd take the sleep.

gafsig.png

Is this a scribblenauts-esque Gordon Ramsey?

TunaLover

I really REALLY doubt that US conference bring new things aside that lame Australia announcements. This summit was destined to be a failure since the lack of NCL from the start.

Ydahs

TunaLover said:
I really REALLY doubt that US conference bring new things aside that lame Australia announcements. This summit was destined to be a failure since the lack of NCL from the start.
Didn't the Aussies say to wait for the US summit for Metroid news? I'm just realistically hoping for some SMG2 and Metroid news/hands on.

MYE

Damn Matt Cassamassassa looks fat in that pic. :lol

And he seems to be oblivious of the dead crow hanging from his chin

Shiggy

TunaLover said:

As I said some days ago, the conference is meant to show the Q2 lineup. Wario: DIY, Sin & Punishment, Mario Galaxy 2. This is the last chance for the press to play them before they are released. In addition, there will be some other games for summer (including Metroid).

New material from SMG 2 should be great on its own though! Pretty happy that it's coming in June.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MYE said:
This, seriously.

How can it fail if it has more SMG? Everything else besides Other M is just gravy

More material from both SMG2 and Other M will make the summit totally worthwhile.

Swittcher

Banned
POWERSPHERE said:
Please just be Wii Colors and the worldwide XL release for the meltdowns...

Pretty sure judging from previous posts, you don't even have a Wii, and you come into these threads for lolz.

For shame!

If Galaxy 2 is penciled in for June, this seems like the ONLY time the press will get hands-on with it before it's release. Since E3 happens in mid-June.

Jme

Katana_Strikes said:
Hopefully a Soon (June) release for Galaxy 2. Please be true.

Hahahahahahaha
Look at it realistically - why would they put out another Mario title that soon when NSMB Wii is still selling like it is? November at the earliest.

handofg0d said:
Hahahahahahaha
Look at it realistically - why would they put out another Mario title that soon when NSMB Wii is still selling like it is? November at the earliest.

I'm having a hard time following what was actually said but I believe it was suggested that both SMG2 and Metroid could have hit by August. If thats the case, holiday 2010 is mysteriously clear

ReyVGM

Why would you do that? said:
Really...?

I wonder how Nintendo is set up internally... in the sense of which branches have more power. I wonder if this was NCL's doing... or NoA's doing. Especially considering a lack of an NCL event.

Well, Australia is in the bottom, so obviously the one on top has more power.

Swittcher

Banned
handofg0d said:
Hahahahahahaha

But they already confirmed it for the summer.

Shiggy

handofg0d said:
Hahahahahahaha

Why would they want to release it in November when they have another blockbuster then? They don't have anything else for June.

teiresias

If they're doing a USA black Wii release it better be available on Amazon within an hour of the announcement - Apple style. There's seriously no excuses for the US delay on this thing and I'm itching to pull the Wii trigger, all they're doing is costing themselves my money at this point.

Ydahs

handofg0d said:
Hahahahahahaha

Australia, February 23, 2010 - As part of Nintendo Australia's major announcements today, IGN can confirm that two of Nintendo's most anticipated titles are on their way to Wiis much sooner than originally anticipated.

Both Super Mario Galaxy 2, follow-up to 2007's smash platformer, as well as Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja's take on the seminal sci-fi adventure/platformer) are both due for release between June and August this year.

Nintendo Australia's Greg Arthurton reiterated that both titles were most definitely not holiday season releases. This leaves an interesting vacancy for 'other' major releases over this period, we'd speculate.

This news comes ahead of tomorrow's Nintendo press event being held in the US. IGN US will be in attendance to confirm these details.
http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071574p1.html

I reckon at least one will be released in this time period while another might be delayed. I guess it all matters if Zelda Wii is really late 2010 or not.

Bentendo

handofg0d said:
Hahahahahahaha

IGN Australia already confirmed ''Galaxy 2'' and ''Other M'' wouold to release in the June-August timeline. Plus, there's that rumor by a foreign site that said Nintendo plans to release Galaxy 2 worldwide in June, which came about before Nintendo Australia announced this.

Shiggy

Bentendo said:
IGN Australia already confirmed ''Galaxy 2'' and ''Other M'' wouold to release in the June-August timeline. Plus, there's that rumor by a foreign site that said Nintendo plans to release Galaxy 2 worldwide in June, which came about before Nintendo Australia announced this.

It seems to come from retailer sources. Those rumours have appeared some weeks ago when retailers changed the game's releasedate to Q2.

teiresias said:
If they're doing a USA black Wii release it better be available on Amazon within an hour of the announcement - Apple style. There's seriously no excuses for the US delay on this thing and I'm itching to pull the Wii trigger, all they're doing is costing themselves my money at this point.

I'm sure they're crying themselves to sleep on their beds of cash while blowing their nose into $100 bills.

Taker666

handofg0d said:
Hahahahahahaha

Maybe to give Epic Mickey a chance?...or because they have another Mario game planned for November/December .

We know one's coming as Charles Martinet did voice recording for it last October and said -
"Awesome new Mario Game! And it’s not NSMB Wii, and it’s not Galaxy 2, but it’s going to be crazy fun!"

Bentendo

Captain Smoker said:
Hmm, is there any livestream, liveblog or something like that?

Didn't even notive that there's such a media summit until now. :lol

So far, I know Nintendo will be updating twitter LIVE when the news starts coming in. Their account name is NintendoAmerica.

Go Nintendo said they're going to do one like they always do.

I'm sure there are others like IGN.

Why would you do that? said:
Really...?

I wonder how Nintendo is set up internally... in the sense of which branches have more power. I wonder if this was NCL's doing... or NoA's doing. Especially considering a lack of an NCL event.

Nintendo Heirarchy

1. NCL (Nintendo Japan)

SuperStock_1558-04382.jpg

2. NoA (Nintendo USA)

reggie.jpg

3. Nintendo Europe

french-208x300.jpg

4. Nintendo UK

boris-johnson-yawn_667484n.jpg

...Nintendo of South Africa, Korea and everywhere on Earth...

99. Nintendo Australia

slumdog.jpg

Swittcher

Banned
Taker666 said:
Maybe to give Epic Mickey a chance?...or because they have another Mario game planned for November/December .

We know one's coming as Charles Martinet did voice recording for it last October and said -

That Martinet thing was confirmed fake.

Bentendo

Swittcher said:
That Martinet thing was confirmed fake.

I thought it was confirmed real. Everything he said matched up (about where he was, like when he was in Australia he twittered "Australia is the Greatest! Great media interviews! See Charles Martinet facebook! woo hoo!").

Shiggy

Bentendo said:
I thought it was confirmed real. Everything he said matched up (about where he was, like when he was in Australia he twittered "Australia is the Greatest! Great media interviews! See Charles Martinet facebook! woo hoo!").

It is his Twitter account. He even had to delete the entries in which he talked about this Mario game. And I don't think that a faker would always know where Martinet is.

The only thing I want is a confirmation about a western release of Reginleiv. That's probably the closest thing to a megaton we can get during this event.

Top Bottom