• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

MYE

BowieZ said:
I really hope they call the next Paper Mario "Paper Mario 4" to spite people like you.

But, i loved Super Paper Mario :(

(yeah i meant PM4, my bad)

edit: new page, AGAIN! FUCK YEAH X2!!!

Bentendo

Model 500 said:
I've not had the time to go through this thread, sooooo...what's the best place to follow this live? I guess there's no live video coverage? Thanks in advance.

As far as we know, no live video coverage.

Nintendo of America will have LIVE twitter updates:

http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

Go Nintendo is reporting that they'll have a live blog as well.

I'm sure some other news outlets like IGN, Kotaku and Joystiq will be there too, but I'm not 100% sure.

chris0701

Prepare for meltdown and gif flood.:lol :lol :lol

ok,at least show us SMG2,kirby wii,Last Story...

Just wondering,where are my Nintendogs II?

Boney

Banned
gogojira said:
I've never beaten a Golden Sun. I got pretty deep into the first one a long time ago, but someone broke into my car and stole all of my shit, including my GBA and about 10 games.

Anyone know how the game holds up today? Is it worth looking into picking it or the sequel up in preparation for Golden Sun DS? I've always been really interested in the series.

After Golden Sun 3 announcement, I popped the original back in, and came slightly dissapointing. It was one of my favourite GBA games, but on this replay everything felt dull, easy and shallow. Got around half of the game, when I just quit, wasn't really having fun. Maybe it's because I really can't get into traditional RPG's anymore, but whatever it was, I was dissapointed.

My guess if you haven't played them, try finding them for cheap and go for it. The second one, I'm sure will hold up better to this day, but to experience it you have to play the first one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm probably a minority, but I thought Golden Sun games were pretty plain. It sort of like Symphonia - GC people never got exposed much to other games.

Green Mamba said:
Why do you people always do this to yourselves?
mariobathavatar.png

gogojira

Glass Soldier said:
I play every 2 years through both of them and I think both hold up pretty well. Two of the best RPGs I've played.

After reading the positive feedback, I might have to look into it. Along with new Other M and SMG2 footage, I'd like to add new Golden Sun DS media to me list of "do want" for this Summit.

Edit: A couple more slightly negative comments, but I'll still probably check 'em out if I can score a cheap copy. Thanks for the feedback.

I want to see more of Golden Sun DS, Mario Galaxy 2 and Other M.

What I'd also like to see are Camelot made Mario Sports games as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ookami-kun said:
I'm probably a minority, but I thought Golden Sun games were pretty plain. It sort of like Symphonia - GC people never got exposed much to other games.

GBA people didn't get exposed to a lot of RPGs? :lol

Golden Sun has a few issues. Mainly being too damn easy.

Has pretty much the best puzzle/adventure style game play of any RPG ever released though. I love the various psyenergy puzzles.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
flipping_heck said:
Tales of Graces
The Last Story
Xenoblade
All the DS jRPGs (ToI/H, Bahumut, 7th Dragon, SMT:SJ etc(

Give them all to me!

no, nintendo is not planning on announcing three titles for namco, one that's already announced for US release, one title for sega, one title for SE, and localizations for two RPGs that don't even have dates in japan yet

stilgar

Ookami-kun said:

Well, as far I am concerned, your avatar is a furry. And furry. furryfurryfurry.

Empty said:
Do you have any interviews lined up with Nintendo people at the event?
Yes, with C.D.

Since it worked out so well last time (i.e. I looked like some kind of a huge idiot) when I asked questions suggested by GAF members, I say we do it again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
stilgar said:
Well, as far I am concerned, your avatar is a furry. And furry. furryfurryfurry.

It's kemono, not furry! Kemono > Furry! Rawr! >:D

By the way, maybe we should consider the previous summits. What were they about?

mclem

Bentendo said:
Kobun Heat said:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/0...mmit-liveblog/

(in two hours!)
From Chris Kohler (among the most respected game journalists):
Chris Kohler said:
"We also hear a rumor that at least one interesting new DSiWare downloadable game will be shown off."

Um.

Are you informing Chris Kohler of something Chris Kohler said?

Kobun Heat said:
Yes, with C.D.

Since it worked out so well last time (i.e. I looked like some kind of a huge idiot) when I asked questions suggested by GAF members, I say we do it again.
Oh, cool.

Chris, can you ask her either (or both) of these questions?

1) Why has Nintendo's localization speed slowed down to a crawl in the the past three years? In a time of basically worldwide releases from most other companies, Nintendo's efforts have become a slow trickle with no apparent strategic timing.

2) Nintendo of America made a big deal about courting Rockstar to create Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS, but since then, nothing on that same scale or resembling that attitude has been seen. Is Nintendo no longer seeking the aid of popular western developers or should we be looking for more titles like Chinatown Wars in the future?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
gogojira said:
The shot above yours with Kirby underwater looks pretty damn nice, that game has to be kicking around somewhere. :( I wish Nintendo would just bring the damn thing over to Wii already.
It it nice, the main reason I posted the one I did was its honestly the first time I have ever seen it. None of the english press sites have it up, along with a few othes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Kobun Heat said:
Yes, with C.D.

If Kirby Wii is not shown, ask them what is up with that.

Bentendo

gogojira said:
From what I can remember, Punch-Out was actually announced for the first time at last year's Summit.

Not only Punch-Out!! and S&P2 but also Bowser's Inside Story, Picross DS, WarioWare D.I.Y., and of course the Nintendo DSi.

Wasn't Monster Hunter tri for Wii announced there too?

sinxtanx

If there is anything IntSys-related
there will not be any
then I wish for Paper Luigi, with them exploring Luigi's character in more detail (preferably with him as vigilante crime fighter The Mysterious Mr. L teaming up with that Koopa Journalist chick) at the same time putting more dark humor into the game. The best humor in the PM games was always of the dark type.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kobun Heat said:

I think probably one of the main questions most people here would be interested would go something like this: "How does Nintendo balance between allowing a few, huge, multi-million seller evergreen titles to keep selling for years at the expense of titles that, while they may sell well, have a shorter shelf life versus releasing a larger quantity of software but risking it not getting the full exposure it deserves?"

Obviously you can rephrase it, but it hits on a lot of what people here wonder about Nintendo--Why don't certain lower tier titles get localized? Why don't certain lower tier titles get advertised? Why are there apparent droughts? Why did Iwata admit that Nintendo screwed the pooch with Wii Music / Animal Crossing / nothing else in H2 2008, but then basically do the same thing with NSMB Wii / Wii Fit Plus / nothing else in H2 2009--obviously to much greater success? Why not do a greatest hits lineup? All of those questions find their roots in Nintendos efforts to balance between monolithic 10+ million sellers and smaller releases.

Also, another classic: "Many fans understand that not every game released in Japan can commercially or realistically make it over to America. What does Nintendo think of non-commercial fan efforts to translate these games and make them accessible to the portion of the US audience that wants to go the extra distance?"

Here's another one: "Obviously R4/flash cards have been a thorn in the side of Nintendo. Multiple distributors and NCL itself have basically said that these cards are causing significant harm to Nintendo's software business. On the other hand, literally millions of them have been sold. Besides combating the manufacturers and sellers of these devices and informing consumers about legalities, what can Nintendo do in terms of content, packaging, hardware functionality, and value proposition to encourage potential pirates to buy legal?".

CassSept

Kobun Heat said:
OMG YOU GUYS, SADNESS CONFIRMED
As the official creator of "Darkness leads to Sadness" I can confirm it! It's gonna be shown in the same trailer reel as Metroid Dread, Star Fox Wii and F-Zero Wii!

Top Bottom