• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo on Gay Marriage and Tomodachi Life

It's the same flimsy logic that bigots use to frame an argument against gay marriage. "Why not make it legal to marry a cow, a goat. Soon they'll be asking to marry X thing" etc. It's a waste of time and needlessly complicates the discussion.

Those arguments adopt the perspective that gay and bi are "abnormal". I'm saying the opposite with gay, straight and bi being the "normal" 3 while everything else is "abnormal" as far as society is concerned. I just don't think a group asking for inclusion should dissuade other groups from asking for inclusion.

I mean I'd be happy if the game gave you all the same benefits a married couple got on a hypothetical asexual path, but there's no outcry for that because that's a very underrepresented minority.

Edit: I supposed we're going a bit off topic here if we want to keep the discussion limited to gay marriage/relationships.

CHEEZMO™;111033130 said:
Cosmic seems to really want a game where he can fuck dead dogs.
What? If you read what he or she was arguing for was no relationships in this game, with the discussion getting out of hand because cosmic argued about the implications of a true life sim and argued over gay/bi relationships.
Edit:Is this a joke post? I don't know anymore....
Edit 2:
Those arguments adopt the perspective that gay and bi are "abnormal". I'm saying the opposite with gay, straight and bi being the "normal" 3 while everything else is "abnormal" as far as society is concerned. I just don't think a group asking for inclusion should dissuade other groups from asking for inclusion.

I mean I'd be happy if the game gave you all the same benefits a married couple got on a hypothetical asexual path, but there's no outcry for that because that's a very underrepresented minority.

Edit: I supposed we're going a bit off topic here if we want to keep the discussion limited to gay marriage/relationships.
But, they are not limiting those groups from asking for inclusion is it? Having relationships that include bi/gay people won't preclude for example people with lamp fetishes to want or ask for this from Nintendo.

As another topic all together, as asexual means being alone (And in turn, enjoying being alone if you wanted) it would include the same benefits, assuming there are no benefits to marriage except a bigger bed and more room for another person for the married couple. Yeah so a bit OT.

Steering the conversation back on course!

CHEEZMO™;111033130 said:
Cosmic seems to really want a game where he can fuck dead dogs.

Say what? I was just trying to turn the issue into a bigger all-encompassing issue, which I'll admit was stupid.

I do not advocate the right to fuck dead dogs or any other illegal fetishes/paraphilia. At least not in the real world, but that's for another thread.

Tinfoilhatsron, I'm glad someone understood what I was saying, but yeah I got ahead of myself and didn't fully think the argument through.

Top Bottom