• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Partners With Cosmetic Giant To Release A Make-Up & Skin-Care Collection

ZugZug123

I do not wear makeup but I want that compact with Mario on the cover.

Edit: was thinking "hey the makeup box can be repurposed for something else" then ran into it costing $475. WTH?!

I've never tried this brand, I've heard good things about their eyelash curler and makeup remover. I won't be getting anything from this collection, but it's nice to see some higher end makeup getting a partnership with Nintendo for a bit. It's good to branch out and cater to more people!

SuomiDude

I just showed these to my wife, she'd really like to have some of this stuff. Awesome marketing by Nintendo and the make-up company.

I've started hanging out with a girl that doesn't really have anything to do with anything to do with video games, yet for some reason she has a strong passion for Princess Peach. Got all excited reading the title of this post then I saw the actual pics.

*Edit*. I stand corrected. I sent a pic and the response was "I want. All of it." I guess I just have bad taste.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This set looks way better than I was expecting. Some of the designs for the packaging are really nice.

Exactly the sort of thing Nintendo needs to do if they want to be the next Disney.

While I don't think they could ever really be the next Disney (or they are decades away from that), I think you're absolutely right that this is the kind of brand expansion that will work well to expand their presence and IP favorability in subtle ways. The UNIQLO clothes (something Disney also does) and stuff like this have all been really cool recently.

This set looks way better than I was expecting. Some of the designs for the packaging are really nice.

While I don't think they could ever really be the next Disney (or they are decades away from that), I think you're absolutely right that this is the kind of brand expansion that will work well to expand their presence and IP favorability in subtle ways. The UNIQLO clothes (something Disney also does) and stuff like this have all been really cool recently.
100% agree. I love these moves

And yeah it will definitely take decades to get where Disney even was a few decades ago.

I thought these would be a good gift for my sister but I looked at the big box set and it's $475? Yikes, this is a world I have no experience in - is that the norm?

Shu Uemura is legit. The colors are pretty good too. Would visit SU store later!

In the other hand, that old Moschino collection is trash fashion at the highest order.

Edit. if any noobs wondering: Shu Uemura is a luxury cosmetic brand, so don't expect drug store price.

Coricus

So basically instead of selling expensive cosmetic game content, Nintendo is gonna sell expensive game-content cosmetics.
I want them to sell me the $19.99 Dainty Lip Carton: Power Girls Pack.

Mushroom Kingdom Peach, Hylian Grape, Chozo Mango, Ylissean Blueberry, Skyworld Lime, and Inkopolis Orange.

Oersted

I've started hanging out with a girl that doesn't really have anything to do with anything to do with video games, yet for some reason she has a strong passion for Princess Peach. Got all excited reading the title of this post then I saw the actual pics.

*Edit*. I stand corrected. I sent a pic and the response was "I want. All of it." I guess I just have bad taste.

One of the best edits in a while, haha.

Only Nintendo can do this thanks to their nostalgia fueled fans.

I'm ashamed of quoting this wanna be stealth insult. Don't be like me!

Yukinari

I'm sorry did I miss something with this!

sonic_hooters_what.jpg

To promote sonic forces in japan.

Pasedo

Very smart way to leverage their IP. There's so much potential in it. Stamping it on anything makes it gold.

Coricus

Very smart way to leverage their IP. There's so much potential in it. Stamping it on anything makes it gold.
Smart way to make easy licensing cash.

Something like a TV show or movie with high visibility has the potential to backfire on the IP. Short of this ending up poisoning people this is pretty much free money with a little extra shelf visibility.

Is it any good, though? Does it provide lasting coverage? Is it ideal for all skin types? Is it buildable? Are the ingredients safe for acne-prone skin? Does it taste good like their game cards?

Top Bottom